• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Permanent amphetamine-induced ED / prostate damage?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Bit of background - I'm well aware that amphetamines are known to temporarily cause ED.

I've never actually had that problem. I'm the kind of guy who tends to pop boners while walking down the street. It gets annoying sometime.

Anyways, I hadn't used any amphs for over a year but I randomly decided to call my doctor and get back on dextroamphetamine. I took about 20 mg, got outrageously horny, and had some awesome sex with my girlfriend. I had multiple orgasms, which is usually the case, then fell asleep some hours later.

Ever since then I haven't been able to get an erection. This was more than 2 weeks ago. Whereas my member is usually hyperactive and eager to jump at the slightest stimulation, now it feels dead and cold. I have read that amphetamines put a lot of strain on the prostate, which I can attest to (although I didn't realize this until after the fact) since some of the side effects I get from d-amph are similar to symptoms of prostate infections / inflammation.

The most likely conclusion that I can come up with is that I did some damage to my prostate or the nerves in the region which generally trigger an erectile response. This is rather discouraging, especially since I wasn't using high doses, however I've done hours of research and there seem to be very, very few cases of sudden and immediate ED unless it's the result of a surgery or continued medication (I stopped using the d-amph after that one night).

If anyone has had any similar experiences or can think of any advice, let me know.

I read most of your posting, and I think I get where you're coming from.. I'm a rediculously heavy meth user, daily, and Ive been down the same road for years. In my case, I think there are so many factors that play into very similar issues as yours, I'm speaking of my issues... with me, age, extreme frequency of use, amount of sleep, among other factors, together has created many issues for me. The singlemost negative issue I often have is the inability to reach an orgasm. It doesn't bother me most of the time but my girlfriend and past women in my life have had a real hard time with that, apparently women feel that if the guy doesn't bust his nut at the end that somehow leaves them feeling inadequate and ineffective...and I always thought women wanted a guy that could last forever in the bedroom!!

I am guessing you have other health problems in the background causing this issue for you. I can't imagine that a single 20mg dose of dexamphetamine after over a year of no amph use caused perma ED. Maybe if you were abusing the shit hard for extended periods of time it could be possible, but even then I'd be very shocked if it was permanent.

Definitely see your doctor and speak about this, I suspect there is something else responsible and if the dex did have a part to play it triggered underlying health issues.