• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Permament psychedelic tolerance due to past antipsychotic use?

Napdmd

Bluelighter
When I abused high doses of pregabalin (6 grams EOD) and cold turkeyed from that. I got a severe psychotic and suicidal depression with major anxiety. They put me on 30mg of olanzapine and 45 mg mirtazapine for 3 months. I was healed from the pregabalin withdrawal within 4 months.

However, I cant trip on psychedelics anymore. Its been over 6 months since I quit both olanzapine and mirtazaline and I still cant trip. I tried multiple tryptamines and LSD from legit sources, and no matter what dose, nothing happens.

I know both olanzapine and mirtazapine block 5ht2a receptors. But I would assume that my now they are out of my system and dont bind to any of these receptors anymore.

Did the use of these medications changed the expression and sensitivity of the 5ht2a receptor longterm or even permanent? Anyone has any knowledge on this or experience with this?

some anti psychotics are notorious after long term use making you immune to psychoactive drug effects. Im unsure whenever even years of been free from them will allow you to trip

I've used all this stuff but never for such a long period. I'm still on pregabalin, about 900 mg a day. Olanzapine never cancelled tripping for me before. And I simply don't feel anything from mirtazapine, no matter what the dose. Call it brain damage :/ I've used a lot of anti-psychotics In my lifetime and never experienced any problems you mention. I have no idea what the problem could be.

No head change, no stimulation, anything? What did you try and what dose?