• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Perk 30 on 3rd day of heroin withdraw

Starshyne

Greenlighter
Just wondering if I took a Percocet 30mg on the 3rd day of my heroin withdraw if that will start me back at day 1? Because the first 3 days were hell and even with the 30 I was still not feeling too good. Thanks for any answers you have!

Probably not. But honestly it probably won't do much for you either. Back in February I kicked a g/day tar habit and took around 25-30mg of Oxycodone and it didn't do a thing. Didn't even make me feel any better, and that was on the third day too. In fact I tried tramadol as well, and that really didn't do much either (duh, if oxycodone won't). Anyway I'm moving this to BDD.

I have found that sometimes just a small hit of something in the later stages or even peak stages of withdrawal, day 3 being in the peak part usually, doing a small shot of something actually may help me wean down a bit.

There has been numerous times where I had gotten arrested, or got hemmed up in a situation where there was no way of scoring at all, or getting a sub or anything. But one example is where I got arrested, and sat in city jail for a couple days in full dying agony withdrawal, and then seen the judge and he happened to cut me loose. A friend would pick me up from the jail and he would have something for me or we would go get it. We would get high or whatever, my WD would be cured, and then the next day I would wake up and be like whoa I really don't feel that bad, still a little shitty but not too horrible.

So sometimes just a little something to satisfy those receptors while in full blown withdrawal might actually help a little bit and act as weaning yourself down. It has for me anyways. So it may not put you back at square 1, but I'm sure it would if you went all out and used heavily.

Good luck getting thru it man.