• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Periodic ketamine addiction causing chronic fatigue?

Disso

Greenlighter
SWIM has been addicted to ketamine roughly once per year for the last 7 years. During these periods they would use daily for up to 2 months. Quite enlightening, though obviously developing a raging tolerance and expensive habit. Additionally using socially outside these phases of addiction.

Around 3-4 years ago developed significant chronic fatigue symptoms: Constant daily lethargy even after 10-12 hours sleep. Brain fog. Perhaps some cognitive and memory decline (though also middle aged). General profound demotivation and debilitation.

Of course when on k, the fatigue disappears, though sleeping patterns are prone to become erratic.

Does anyone have a similar story? Is this just correlation or could k be the source of the persistent fatigue?

Your insights are much appreciated.

Also, I realise k can be used to successfully treat fatigue but I doubt the dosage and regimen for this therapy is the same as the usage described above.

Around 3-4 years ago developed significant chronic fatigue symptoms: Constant daily lethargy even after 10-12 hours sleep. Brain fog. Perhaps some cognitive and memory decline (though also middle aged). General profound demotivation and debilitation.

Of course when on k, the fatigue disappears, though sleeping patterns are prone to become erratic.

Does anyone have a similar story? Is this just correlation or could k be the
I feel like this occasionally, but not 'constant' 🤔

On your binges, how much do you use daily? Enough to ever get physical problems? If not I'd guess it's unrelated but of course that's just a guess!

How old do YOU class as 'middle aged'?

I feel like this occasionally, but not 'constant' 🤔

On your binges, how much do you use daily? Enough to ever get physical problems? If not I'd guess it's unrelated but of course that's just a guess!

How old do YOU class as 'middle aged'?
There are infrequent days when the fatigue doesn't occur. Exercise does help to abate the slugishness. Regarding age, early 40s.

Bladder issues are monitored carefully. There is no discomfort or pain, only light 'urge incontinence' (feeling the need to pee more frequently). In time, this appears to rectify itself when off the k train though.

Regarding usage, it's pretty common to get through 1g in about 6 hours. So an average of 1-2g per day for 1-2 months at a stretch.

Thanks for your help.