• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet vs Roxicodone

DamnOxy

Greenlighter
Hi people!

I've been on some iteration of oxycodone for pain (and... pleasure...) for some time now, I'm blessed with a fairly low tolerance, needing only 20mg to feel a nice euphoric rush and sufficient pain relief (generally).. I get, on occasion, what in my noobishness I chalk up to a "crappy batch", i.e: less of an effect than normal, shorter duration than normal, etc. I'm a creature of habit, my typical day, what I eat, drink, level of activity are fairly static with some exceptions (I know, I'm boring).

What I don't understand is why I can take a 30mg Roxicodone and I'm FUBAR like a blitzkrieg in my brain but I can take 6 5mg Percocet and I'm barely even feeling a tickle.. the 5mg Percocet are the white, circular RP 5 325 standard old percs.. The Roxies vary by make and model but the potency purely by "feeling" is spot on.

I know there are variables that I can't take into account, alkalinity of water, supplement use, to breakfast or not to breakfast, etc BUT the difference is so extreme and ridiculous it makes me upset. I know Roxicodone and Percocet are essentially the same thing as far as oxycodone goes, minus some different binders perhaps or other variables (and obvious inclusion of acetaminophen). Both are IR, both contain the same active ingredients, blah blah blah.

TLDR: I'm taking perc 5s and Roxy 30s separately and spaced out at times by days and I notice a severe buzz deficit when taking the 5s.

What's going on??

Thanks,

DamnOxy!