• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Percocet vs. Oxycodone

SpareRib

Bluelighter
I have generic percocets with 10mg oxycodone and 325mg acetaminophen. I take two at a time. I also have generic oxycodone 40mg tablets which I split in half to get so that I'm taking 20mg at a time.

The percocets give me a stronger high and I feel so good on them - totally pain free, body and mind. Taking the oxy feels more of like a "dirty" high. If I'm lucky, I'll get a little bit of a nod but very little, if any, euphoria.

Has anyone else had this experience? And any reason as to why?

Also, my bloodwork has come back saying that my liver enzymes are elevated. My doctor suspects that my usage of acetaminophen may be the cause. Has anyone else had this experience?

If you are making both pretty equal for metaboliation, your elevated liver enzymes may be reacting with the paracetamol in your percocets, allowing more of the Oxy to be switched from your portal circulation to full circulation.

I have heard this happen before. This is with some other combos the desired result to boost pain relief, not just the addition of an NSAID or non opioid painkiller.

@FutureReference @Zonxx @ChemicallyEnhanced Thanks for the quick responses! I do actually crush the 40mg oxy and remove the outer coating (it removes so easily, it's a joke), but perhaps I don't do it finely enough. I've actually found that if I chew the oxy in my mouth and swallow rather than crushing using a pill crusher, the effect is stronger.
Use a mortar and pestle. They're 10 bucks and you'll thank me afterwards especially If you'll be using it daily just don't drop a marble mortar on your foot because you'll be using it to crush Oxy because your foot feels like it just got ran over by a truck
This may have happened to me.. =p

Use a mortar and pestle. They're 10 bucks and you'll thank me afterwards especially If you'll be using it daily just don't drop a marble mortar on your foot because you'll be using it to crush Oxy because your foot feels like it just got ran over by a truck
This may have happened to me.. =p

Wha?! Wow, okay, I will be careful! Thanks for the advice. I guess that I was just being lazy with a run-of-the-mill CVS brand pill crusher lol. Do you usually mix with water to swallow? Can't wait to try this.

If you are making both pretty equal for metaboliation, your elevated liver enzymes may be reacting with the paracetamol in your percocets, allowing more of the Oxy to be switched from your portal circulation to full circulation.

I have heard this happen before. This is with some other combos the desired result to boost pain relief, not just the addition of an NSAID or non opioid painkiller.

I've cut out the acetaminophen, and hoping liver number return to normal by my next visit in a month from now. I had to look up the bit about circulation. Never heard those terms before!

Just to be blunt, if the faith I have in our Pharmaceutical industry is valid, the only difference that you're experiencing is going to be related to the controlled-release nature of the pills. They are both Oxycodone and it's not like they don't double check this shit. It's also quite possible that the synergy from the APAP is contributing to the perception of a "better" experience.

OP, if you could do me a huge favor, can we not talk so much in terms of "highs"? I understand that this is your life and I'm not trying to invalidate your experience, but please try to use language of a more positive nature. We walk a very fine line here ethically. We do not want to encourage or glorify this stuff.

Wha?! Wow, okay, I will be careful! Thanks for the advice. I guess that I was just being lazy with a run-of-the-mill CVS brand pill crusher lol. Do you usually mix with water to swallow? Can't wait to try this.
i putall the powder on a spoon, throw in mouth, chug abit of water to wash it down

OP, if you could do me a huge favor, can we not talk so much in terms of "highs"? I understand that this is your life and I'm not trying to invalidate your experience, but please try to use language of a more positive nature. We walk a very fine line here ethically. We do not want to encourage or glorify this stuff.

Got it, absolutely. In hindsight, I'm surprised that I worded it the way that I did, but I suppose that I was trying to be as specific as possible.

Kids, don't do this shit. Taking drugs for recreational purposes will never end well. There is zero no glory in getting "high".

Because it looks like a parachute “ish” when you twist the tissue paper. I think it is for people who dislike the taste of whatever they are “chuting” (not shooting ?) a makeshift gel cap @Zonxx ?