• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Percocet (endocet) effects vs. Hydrocodone

coryneil948

Bluelighter
Hi,

I was prescribed a low dose of 10/325 Hydrocodne for several years for anxiety scenarios (public speaking, important meetings/events). Obviously it works great for that and my doctor was willing to prescribe 20 pills every three months after finding other drugs did not work. I got to chose when I needed them over those years and of course never developed a dependency. I would sometimes use them recreationally. My dose was usually 20 mg for work related events to 30 or 40 mg for outside of work (dates/parties). Avg. Was 30mg. Was a great program until all that came crashing down with new restrictions. Anyway, it's been more than 2 years since I had the script.

I recently came across twelve 10/325 endocet which are same as percocet (oxycodone). I tried just 2 last night but was not happy with the results. On hydros I would feel very outgoing, great mode, creative, talkative, etc. But with these percocets it was about the opposite. I did chill me out but to the point I didnt really care to do anything. Was a bad date for sure...

I aways take these orally and not crush them. Could it be a dosing difference (20 oxy vs 30 hydro)? I have gone to using Kratom in the past couple of years although I have taken very little of that the past week. Could that have changed my opiate effects? Thanks for any feedback.

Its possible that your kratom use could be the culprit or maybe you just like the effects of hydrocodone better than oxy. I always preferred hydro over the other opiates.

When I was taking kratom, albeit much more frequently and at higher doses than you, it would butcher the opiate high from any other opiate. We still don't know exactly how mitragynine works in the brain but it seems to blunt other opiates severely, whether that's due to tolerance or other pharmacological effects, I have no idea.

Besides opium, and old school morphine before they made the pills "abuse resistant", percocet is my favorite opiate. I like hydrocodone too but it doesn't seem to pack the same punch that perks do. Perhaps a preference difference, but I could see how a milder opiate like hydrocodone would probably be better than perks for something like social anxiety. Try taking half the dose next time and see if that helps.

Since I stopped taking oxy and switched to kratom daily I do find that my tolerance to oxy has gone way up. And even if I take some to kick back and relax the euphoria part isn't as prominent anymore. I'm surprised you didn't like endocet. Endocet is my favorite one of all time and I find it to be incredibly euphoric. Different pills affect people a little bit differently. For example some people love the green 15's with checkmarks but I dislike them and find them to be really weak. I suppose preference could be at play.

Another thing that I have found to be 100% and other people might agree with me, is that oxy feels way better when you're dependent on it. So if you go for a while without taking it and then get your hands on it again it doesn't feel as good as it will in two or three days of using it in a row. That part also makes it a bit more addicting imo.

Last edited:
Since I stopped taking oxy and switched to kratom daily I do find that my tolerance to oxy has gone way up. And even if I take some to kick back and relax the euphoria part isn't as prominent anymore. I'm surprised you didn't like endocet. Endocet is my favorite one of all time and I find it to be incredibly euphoric.

Different pills affect people a little bit differently. For example some people love the green 15's with checkmarks but I dislike them and find them to be really weak. I suppose preference could be at play.
Kratom and its active compounds are stronger than a lot of people realize, Ive used it to stave off heroin and fentanyl very effectively. Ive had certain blends (Crave) that were extremely powerful. It gave me the opiate blanket of warmth us opiophiles have all come to know and love.

Check out the potency of mitragynine compared to pharmaceutical opiates, there is a popular diagram floating in the matrix.

Thanks all. Good info. I am probably a bit of denial about the roll Kratom is likely playing. However I am encouraged that I could bring some of that euphoria back by taking 2 to 3 days in a row as that is exactly the situation I am in (out of the country on vacation for 3 more full days). I took one 10mg today and it was better than last night (more positive vibes) but of course way more mild. Was thinking about going to two soon so I can work my way up.

Thanks all. Good info. I am probably a bit of denial about the roll Kratom is likely playing. However I am encouraged that I could bring some of that euphoria back by taking 2 to 3 days in a row as that is exactly the situation I am in (out of the country on vacation for 3 more full days). I took one 10mg today and it was better than last night (more positive vibes) but of course way more mild. Was thinking about going to two soon so I can work my way up.
Hey answer your private messages

Breaks with kratom are essential, unbroken use leads into a nightmare. Out of all the opiates Kratom had my piss turning shades of brown. Also watch out for hair loss and estrogen production.

Breaks with kratom are essential, unbroken use leads into a nightmare. Out of all the opiates Kratom had my piss turning shades of brown. Also watch out for hair loss and estrogen production.

I do believe it but also how much were you taking? And only the green powder stuff not the gold pills right?

^This, although I don't know about the estrogen. Long term kratom use fucked me up.

Sry can you clarify how or how long you were using it? also doses? I don't doubt you guys but it's just strange becuse most people think of it as much healthier as an alternative for real opiates.

And if users like you guys are getting severe side effects then it's important for other people to know who think that kratom is harmless imo. My doses are like 8-10 grams a day right now. let me know thx.

Last edited:
My doses were at 30-40 grams a day for months and 15-20 grams per day doses for a year and a half before that. My doses are obviously extreme but it's not far fetched to think that worrying side effects could occur at lower doses.

The side effects were mostly mental, my reasoning skills and memory were severely blunted and I fell into the worst bout of depression of my life. Physically I felt fine alright.

I know that certain people can't metabolize Kratom through their liver. It causes the Drug to just keep building up in your Liver I read about someone who basically didn't realize it until they were in full-blown liver failure. They r fine though considering the circumstances the person I'm speaking about. I would have to agree about the fact that Kratom just like using any other Opioid/Opiate you're going to have either physical or mentally increased Tolerance to the Drug Class unless your using like once a month. BTW 20MG Oxycodone is supposed to be roughly equivalent to 30MG Hydrocodone but I'm sure you knew that?

Kratom I believe is just safer when it comes to the risk of Lethal Overdoses.

Last edited: