• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Percocet and Klonopin

KelseyR1

Greenlighter
First time posting so I have no idea if Im posting in the right area lol. I recently had surgery and was prescribed 5/365 of Percocet. I generally take 1mg of Klonopin at night with 10mg of ambien to sleep. Tonight I took my ambien and my Klonopin and without even thinking about it took two Percocet for the pain. I have a stupid high tolerance for almost anything, and its been about 20 minutes and Im feeling perfectly fine. Not even really sleepy. My question is....do I need to panic? I mostly think Ill be okay, but I need some reassure here lol.

Last edited:
Yes you're completely fine, even someone with no tolerance would not be in any danger here at those doses

That’s what I thought but I know you’re never supposed to mix benzos and opiates, really. I did it without thinking -face palm-. I just wanted to be sure. Thank you!

Hi there & Welcome to
21.gif

Panic? No, I don't think you're going to have any serious issues. If you're really worried about it stay up for another 30-40 mins, maybe go get a glass of water or perform some small task, if you don't have any difficulties then hypoxia during sleep is highly unlikely. The more plausible danger is gaining a taste for the combo and developing a habit for it.

I’ll be up for a bit because sleep is basically impossible for me. Thank you much for your reassurance!

You might find that Oxycodone (Percocet 5/325) gives you a bit of a zip. Many people find it to be one of the more stimulating pain meds and end up vacuuming the house or binging some Netflix after taking it. I don't take it after 8pm usually if I have to get up early as it def gives me the aforementioned zip. Hope you have a speedy recovery.