• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Peptide is a key mediator in the regulation of compulsive alcohol drinking

allone

Bluelighter
from here; https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11-peptide-key-compulsive-alcohol.html

it doesnt mention what drug they have used, which is extremely important i believe and its a huge bummer, but hopefuly some of you guys with good education in biochemistry can help me pin down to possible treatments when it comes to this specific peptide called stress neuropeptide PACAP. Any clues as to what might be available out there to block it?? and why the hell the drug used is not mentioned... it doesnt make sense if there is no market for it.

can you guys try to look into this study a bit more, and help me out here? its very very important for me to decipher anything that can cure alcoholism. its vital for me and most people i have known or know currently in my life IF i can ever find a cure, thanks

hmm I'm very interested in this hopefully someone who can interpret this type of study can chime in.

I have my own opinions about alcoholism or drugs in general. I don't think you can blame it all on a certain peptide.... I think it's way more than that, but definitely interested in this study....

i still havent figured out this peptide! whats the point of doing all this research and publish some vague articles regarding some obscure peptide that nobody says what it is?? jeez christ, can shit be more cryptic than this!