• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

People with terrible anxiety should have?

I have a benzo habit. It hides my anxiety. I think you will be the most happy by setting a goal for yourself of where you see yourself anxiety free. And then u achieve that goal.

Xanax, have you tried kratom? I feel like it might help you if cycled with other meds to reduce tolerance or negative effects from taking just one kind of drug all the time (like benzos)
Negative, not sure how to get ahold of it.

christ guys years before i ever touched a drug, i worked out like a madman and ate a clean diet, had a group of friends but still had nasty anxiety..anxiety and other things drove me to drugs..i truly believe in certain cases, a persons neuro-transmitters are not working correctly and these people need medication..lifestyle changes do help without a doubt but i believe some people just see hard-wired to be anxious just like others are hard-wired to be very mellow...

I have a benzo habit. It hides my anxiety. I think you will be the most happy by setting a goal for yourself of where you see yourself anxiety free. And then u achieve that goal.

lol easier said than done...how does one go about accomplishing this sort of thing?

Hey Xanax. Many kratom vendors online, where it's cheapest. That's what I do. Headshops also carry it for a higher price.

Proper coping skills, breathing and grounding techniques, and a psychiatrist to get to the root cause of your anxieties and set a plan to overcome.

SSRIs are a lot safer than the media makes them out to be. a reason why so many people do not like them is because they cannot abuse them and they may take up to a month or so to start working. i started on SSRIs since i was a young kid. back then they gave them to kids more often until years later the media ruined their reputation. the suicide warning are complete bullshit. it's just an excuse parents use just like they blame drugs just like pot or salvia for a child's death. when i was put on SSRIs as a kid, it was a complete life changer. i worried much less, did better in school, and sure as hell felt less depressed. my teacher would comment to my parents on how much better i was doing. i have never had feeling of suicide before or after taking the drug. not even after going off it. my belief is the suicidal people were suicidal to begin with. my doctor told me it's usually when someone is so deeply depressed they cannot even function enough to take their own life. they take an SSRI and it basically gives them enough motivation to go through with the suicide. the problem is they take so long to start working. if you start at a very low dose it should greatly reduce side effects. also going off them cold turkey you can have very bad withdrawals which they call discontinuation syndrome. the difference between this and addiction is you do not get cravings for SSRIs like you would for say benzos, cocaine, etc. if you were to take a lot of it to get high chances are you would feel like shit. my brother stole one of mine once and said it made him feel terrible. i went off SSRIs for years and was doing pretty good. i relapsed with anxiety real bad eventually and went back on them along with taking benzos as needed. this worked much better for me. anytime i try going off my SSRI now i feel terrible within 2-3 days. my doctor said i can safely take them for the rest of my life.

i think the best route is SSRIs or SNRIs starting with a very small dose. add a benzo to take as needed. this can especially help with any unwanted side effects. benzos should not be given to anyone with a history of drug addiction including alcohol. they can be very dangerous when combined with certain drugs like alcohol. they also can be even more addicting than narcotics. i know so from experience. i've taken a low dose of pain killers everyday for a while after a minor surgery and never got hooked. i took my benzos smaller dose everyday for a while and about a day after i stopped i had terrible withdrawals. my body temperature would not stay even, either chills or sweats. i could not eat and was throwing up. i had severe insomnia and could hardly sleep i felt like i was going to go insane. even large amounts of cannabis would not make me tired. it was worse than the flu. luckily i had an old bottle of xanax lying around. it's not the best benzo to use for weening because of the short half life but it worked great for me. i just took a smaller dose everyday then every other day. eventually i could sleep again without taking it. it sure was hell for a while and im probably lucky i had the will power to do it on my own. i only take as needed now.

one nice thing about benzos is it is very hard to overdose on them by them self. that means no combinations with other drugs including alcohol. combined with opiates or narcotics may very well kill you in higher doses in higher doses of either from respiratory failure. you should safely be able to say take a half mg of xanax and drink a few beers but it is not recommended. i've done it many times and am still here. not recommending it to anyone tho. when i was younger my friends and i would eat them like candy when we got our prescriptions refilled. we would play board games incorperating the pills. we rarely finished a game and the times we thought we did, we had no memory of it. they told me one time i was acting like a retard for an entire half hour LOL. they said they actually got nervous and thought i may have been for real from taking way too much. i have very little memory of it. many people would say we were very foolish for doing so but we never had anything bad happen. we also knew not to drink or do other drugs with it except for pot. we even said if anything bad happens to any of us we are all only responsible for our individual selves. no one to blame but the users. we don't do it anymore but we're all still alive and healthy. none of us are addicts except you could say im addicted to pot.

a reason why so many people do not like them is because they cannot abuse them and they may take up to a month or so to start working.

Or... maybe it's because they've been proven to be no more effective than placebo In double-blind studies and can cause manic episodes, psychotic breaks, erectile dysfunction, anhedonia, worsening anxiety and depression, and cause nasty withdrawal. Just a thought... Power to the people who do benefit though, I just know I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

christ guys years before i ever touched a drug, i worked out like a madman and ate a clean diet, had a group of friends but still had nasty anxiety..anxiety and other things drove me to drugs..i truly believe in certain cases, a persons neuro-transmitters are not working correctly and these people need medication..lifestyle changes do help without a doubt but i believe some people just see hard-wired to be anxious just like others are hard-wired to be very mellow...
completely agree. some people just have naturally have low levels of serotonin in their blood stream. when i got older i tried the healthy dieting and exercise. it did improve my well being overall, but did nothing for my anxiety. i wouldnt mind going off SSRIs eventually but i'd rather die than go off benzos. im not dependent on them but just knowing i have them and can take as needed helps take the edge off. i would take them all the time if they were not so addictive and the tolerance build up was not so strong. although the times i have taken them daily in the past, even though the euphoric effects diminished, i still had far less anxiety and no panic attacks.

Or... maybe it's because they've been proven to be no more effective than placebo In double-blind studies and can cause manic episodes, psychotic breaks, erectile dysfunction, anhedonia, worsening anxiety and depression, and cause nasty withdrawal. Just a thought... Power to the people who do benefit though, I just know I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.
yes it is different for everyone like any drug. if you're basing that info off of wikipedia though it is not a good source. many double blind tests with SSRIs like zoloft are kind of sketchy. it doesnt turn people into mindless zombies like some say. as a matter of fact they should have more like a stimulating effect. for zoloft only 15% of patients report sleepiness. im much more active and productive when on them. i dont sleep as much but i like that because it makes me more productive. i can work a lot more without getting as tired out meaning more money. i have a lot of friends and relatives that they do good for. on the other hand i know both friends and relatives that felt terrible after just the first day and could not use it. a lot of times it's the doctor starting off at too high of a dose. yes the withdrawal can be nasty but that is why when going off you do so very slowly. i have felt manic which may or may not have been caused by the meds but it always benefits me. when i dont sleep much i am a lot more productive. i stay after at work and just keep finding things to do. i even worked 36 hours straight one time. i am part owner of a company though and when things need to be done i dont stop obsessively stressing until i get things done. SSRIs help me cope and not worry as much. i no longer get that sick nauseous feeling in my stomach along with racing heartbeats and shortness of breath. i dont worry about every little detail of every little thing in my life. i don't obsessively think about wanting to harm others for going thru a stop sign and almost hitting me. it's like mike tyson says, 'im on zoloft so i don't kill y'all!' i also find marijuana to help a lot. the thing is for people like me, it makes me even more anxious and paranoid. not since i went back on SSRIs. i can get high and be panic attack free. my doctor even said it was ok. the erectile dysfunction is also very true. for someone like me it is a benefit. i would prematurely ejaculate when i was off the meds. years ago my x would tell me is it gonna work? it always did, just took longer. i like lasting more than a minute or so before i first blow.

i think a lot of them problem is the drs that prescribe it to people without knowing much about it. i've been taking them for most of my life. my doctor is cool as hell. he doesnt want me going off because im worse off when i do. when i was a kid i hated being forced to take drugs by my parents but after being older and more aware of my conscience i can totally notice a difference. everyone around me tells me the same. i make no secret of my legal drug use.

benzos cause erectile dysfunction a lot more than SSRIs do for me. i cant even get it up on benzos sometimes. i do like the feelings of benzos a lot better though. SSRIs dont make me feel euphoric, just kinda more happy than normal.

Wikipedia? How about watching my girlfriend have several manic and psychotic episodes on both sertraline and effexor. Everything I mentioned is true, there's no arguing against it. Call the studies shady all you want, but it's the truth. If anything there would be a bias FOR SSRI's from pharmaceutical companies to justify their great overuse.

Btw I've never looked up any list of side-effects from SSRI's... I named all those side effects off the top of the head from anecdote and word of mouth.

Last edited:
QFT.

Countless people tell me exercise, good diet etc etc will help yet I had a healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise daily and a excellent balanced diet yet Anxiety has crippled me for 17 Years.

I first took a Valium and I'll never forget that feeling of being 'normal' again. Needless to say I quickly escalated my dose and then became tolerant and now I'm in a complete mess with little hope that any medication will help.

SSRIs in my experience have just put me in a fuzzy content bubble...they helped my anxiety by making me completely apathetic, i put on weight and my sex drive was non-existent...on Ssris i would have content to just lay in bed all day, this is not what life should be about, its an artificial contentment..it did stabilize my moods though but by simply making me not care which is not a good thing..ive seen positive ssri stories and many negatives, everyone is different..

also, one of the worst things about anxiety is the depression it usually causes down the road..then u have a double whammy to deal with, this is what happened to me my late teens and early 20s and i just couldnt understand what was going on as i was living a much cleaner/healthier lifestyle than my friends yet they were functioning at a much higher level than me..

The first medicine prescribed should be indica based cheeba chews. SSRIs are toxic poison.

Close, but high CBD cannabis, with almost no THC, is what's really effective for anxiety, panic and other psychiatric disorders.

A strain like ACDC (aka Charlotte's Web, or something similar, like Suzie Q), won't induce anxiety AT ALL, and has less than 1% THC in the flower, so it's not going to get you "high" in the traditional sense. It's also available as a dosable liquid medicine in California.

This will help a lot to provide calm and focus but to truly overcome the tendency to have an overanxious reaction you need talk therapy to develop strategies to deal with life better--things like breathing and coping strategies, as well as meditation and exercise.

Benzos aren't a really good option for anxiety because they develop dependence, and can actually make anxiety worse upon cessation.
KRATOM is the best option i've found.
Other meds: Gabapentin (high dose), Propanolol, Buspar, Mirtazapine, and Luvox, the most potent SSRI

I think SSRIs and low dose pregabalin. I also think that doctors need to listen to patients better when they are told by anxiety sufferers of 10+ years that PRN benzos NEED to be there. Example. I'm open to other treatments but I need low dose clonazepam too. I'd be happy with 45 0.5mg tabs. My problem is I'm on mmt and that was self medicating..... None will help even tho I have months no drugs in urine and offer to have them count 2x week.SSRIs just don't work for me.....some of them fuck my mental state up.

after a series of trials and errors I found the second-gen SSRI Mirtazipine to be most effective for my GAD, PTSD, and psychosis-induced akathisia.

but honestly, nothing works best for me than diet and daily exercise.

I think SSRIs and low dose pregabalin. I also think that doctors need to listen to patients better when they are told by anxiety sufferers of 10+ years that PRN benzos NEED to be there. Example. I'm open to other treatments but I need low dose clonazepam too. I'd be happy with 45 0.5mg tabs. My problem is I'm on mmt and that was self medicating..... None will help even tho I have months no drugs in urine and offer to have them count 2x week.SSRIs just don't work for me.....some of them fuck my mental state up.

well thats where the difficulty arises, put yourself in the doctors shoes, he knows you are an addict yet you are asking him for another highly addictive drug...hes in a no-win situation..i understand where you are coming from but so many people just looking for a drug to combine with methadone to get higher...i saw a few of those at the clinic i went to, complete zombies..