• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

People who purposefully want to get AIDS - Are you one of them?

Does your friend use condoms or not? In a lot of countries if someone is HIV+ and does not tell their sex partners, or even tells them and has unprotected or even protected sex they do risk being put into prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_transmission_of_HIV

It seems completely illogical that someone can go to prison if they use condoms and disclose their status to someone. Would such a rule apply to a child born with the virus? That would effectively barr them from ever having sex. From what I understand, people with their HIV/AIDS under control can have sex relatively safely with protection. Or am I wrong?

I've known AIDs patients who seemed OK for the first 5 or 10 years and suddenly their health begins to fail as I described. In many cases, the medicine loses its effectiveness for unknown reasons. Sometimes the virus even mutates requiring stronger medicine. One can become reinfected. The side effects can become bad very fast. They get weird forms of cancer and many other things. I don't know the statistics, but it happens often enough that even I have seen people go through it. 5 years isn't that long, and maybe he is still on his first group of meds. Hopefully your friend won't ever go through that.

This is a huge exaggeration though. My friends has been HIV positive for over five years as far as I know, is on a regime of drugs and if you ever met him you'd think his life is no different than you and I. He works, he plays, he still picks up random guys and fucks them. Medicine has come a long way since the horrors of the 80's and 90's.

I'm not saying his life is perfect, regular doctors appointments and the threat from infections are still a daily reminder of the serious virus he carries, but reality is his disease does not define him. No one but his closet friends are even aware he is HIV positive. In fact it was only recently that we spent the day together that I even spoke to him about his life candidly over one too many beers.

This is also why bug chasers exist. The stigma is not as confronting as it once was, the sudden death sentence no longer exists. I'm in no way condoning such people, but I can understand why this disease is no longer feared by a lot of gay men.

It seems completely illogical that someone can go to prison if they use condoms and disclose their status to someone. Would such a rule apply to a child born with the virus? That would effectively barr them from ever having sex. From what I understand, people with their HIV/AIDS under control can have sex relatively safely with protection. Or am I wrong?

It's different in different states/countries as to someone going to prison or getting into legal trouble if they are HIV+ and do or do not disclose and use condoms or do not have safer sex.

See the wikipedia link, and here:
http://www.avert.org/criminal-transmission-hiv.htm

There have been cases where someone who is HIV+ spit on someone that's HIV neg, and they were put into jail or prison even though there have been no recorded cases of someone getting infected with HIV this way.

Even if the person who is HIV+ is not on medications and has AIDS if a condom is used for anal or vaginal sex and it's used correctly and doesn't break HIV is difficult to get. If the person who is HIV neg gets oral sex it's very difficult for them to get infected with HIV from that unless they have a cut on their genitals and it would have to be bleeding. Giving oral sex is more risky and people have been infected this way but they had open cuts or sores in their mouth.

I have no idea about your question about a child born with HIV? Eventually I am sure some kid will be born with HIV since their mom did not take medications during her pregnancy, and the kid will sue or take legal action?