Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Penis cactus

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
How strong is this and how do you prepare it? I havent tripped on mescaline yet but wanna and this is easy to track down

it's a bridgesii var. monstrose?

Normally bridgesii are the most potent species, but there's very strong peruvianus and pachanois, they are just difficult to get, so bridgesii tend to be the stronger by weight

With my "average" pachanoi I needed quite a big amount, I commit the mistake of discarding the core, thinking that it would be enough with the outer green peel + some of the inner flesh...
It was enough, for 2 intermediate doses, but it was more than 1 feet of cactus, almost 2, made into tar, after hours of cooking (3 boilings) and then reduction to a slimy super nasty tasting tar.
It's the most horrible, vile tasting, shit you can ever get into your mouth, Next time I'll struggle with the reduced tea, not tar. It's even more horrible than Calea, and Calea it's vile af.

There's some people eating that as a cucumber, but I think that could be very rough. I had nausea but didn't vomit, my gf took half of the tar I took tripped not hard, but puked almost at the beginning, it's difficult not to do it since the gag reflex it's almost automatic when you taste that crap, almost completely unavoidable, it's a mix of extreme sour, bitterness and who knows what...

Well i can get bridesii. How do you boil it exactly? Im thinking of just eating the thing somehow if that would even work. How bad is the nausea from it anyway?

it's a bridgesii var. monstrose?

Normally bridgesii are the most potent species, but there's very strong peruvianus and pachanois, they are just difficult to get, so bridgesii tend to be the stronger by weight

With my "average" pachanoi I needed quite a big amount, I commit the mistake of discarding the core, thinking that it would be enough with the outer green peel + some of the inner flesh...
It was enough, for 2 intermediate doses, but it was more than 1 feet of cactus, almost 2, made into tar, after hours of cooking (3 boilings) and then reduction to a slimy super nasty tasting tar.
It's the most horrible, vile tasting, shit you can ever get into your mouth, Next time I'll struggle with the reduced tea, not tar. It's even more horrible than Calea, and Calea it's vile af.

There's some people eating that as a cucumber, but I think that could be very rough. I had nausea but didn't vomit, my gf took half of the tar I took tripped not hard, but puked almost at the beginning, it's difficult not to do it since the gag reflex it's almost automatic when you taste that crap, almost completely unavoidable, it's a mix of extreme sour, bitterness and who knows what...

Little note on the core and alkaloid content. While the core is weaker it still contains 1/3 the total alkaloid content of the entire plant. So for us that don’t live in the Andes Mountains with unlimited amounts it’s best to use every bit we can :)

-GC

Little note on the core and alkaloid content. While the core is weaker it still contains 1/3 the total alkaloid content of the entire plant. So for us that don’t live in the Andes Mountains with unlimited amounts it’s best to use every bit we can :)

-GC
Yeah, that's why I said it was a mistake...
I know it has 1/3 but I consider that it was going to be strong enough, but it was pretty stupid. It was a moderate trip (with visuals, but not for long). The best of the mescaline trip it's the spiritual but grounded dream-like headspace.
Maybe at the moment I made the tea I only thought that the core had "barely no mescaline" or the green part had "the most mescaline" so it was enough to discard it.
Big mistake.

Well i can get bridesii. How do you boil it exactly? Im thinking of just eating the thing somehow if that would even work. How bad is the nausea from it anyway?
The nausea can be pretty fucked up with the tar, never tried in other form, it's likely that the entire flesh would be more nausea inducing because the digestive system would need to take care of a big amount of it..
The good thing (for me) was that the nausea wasn't long lasting, just around 30-40 minutes. I could deal with it, but it was tar mixed with bread. After that I had some queasiness from time to time, but it was't important as the body high it's wonderful, fantastic, one of the best I've tried, along with the best trips of the -mipts

I boiled it for 3 hours each time with lots of lemon juice, cutted in star-shape of less than an inch and without the peel. Boiling 3 times, saving each decoction in a big bowl and then reducing till tar like, then let it dry further for a day outside (porch).

If i were to do cactus again i would try and extract the mescaline.

Nausea isn't overwhelming but i fully agree about the taste. It's hard to get the stuff down. Some people might say it's part of a kind of rite of passage and they do have a point.

Could you just make a tea out of it instead or no?

You can but it’s the taste most can’t stand. I personally know what comes after the horrible taste so for me it’s doable.

I’ve had multiple times where I’ve made a big batch of tea that then went un-drunk because people couldn’t stomach it.

-GC

You can but it’s the taste most can’t stand. I personally know what comes after the horrible taste so for me it’s doable.

I’ve had multiple times where I’ve made a big batch of tea that then went un-drunk because people couldn’t stomach

Is it worse then a cwe? And how long do you boil it for?

If by CWE you mean cold water extraction, then you can't do a cold water extraction of mescaline. You can do an actual extraction, with solvents, to get a tarry powder, which can be further refined into a crude mescaline extract, but that's significantly more complex than extracting with cold water. The tar that was being discussed, though, is just from doing a hot water extraction (ie, a tea) and simmering it down until it becomes a goop (this is what people usually do, it's snotty and thick and disgusting, but still liquid... but a smaller amount of liquid than a tall glass of tea), and then simmering it down even further until it's tarry. The benefit here is that you can roll it into balls and quickly swallow them, and it minimizes how much you have to taste it, and you don't have to deal with the horrible, disgusting texture of goopy snot (the texture for me is worse than the taste).

Another option is to finely grind the dried cactus flesh into powder and mix it into shots and slam them down. I prefer this option because it seems easier to me, but I have a strong stomach, some people can't handle it.

In any case, the very best thing for getting rid of the aftertaste is peanut butter. Works like a charm.

^ No i was asking does it taste worse then a CWE? And i might try the powder method

Oh, like worse than a CWE of codeine or something? If so, then yes, much worse. No comparison

Trichocereus bridgesii monstrose and it comes in long form or short form. I love the short forms, they are extremely entertaining to grow. Kind of a bitch to harvest tho