• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Pen temp

cripkeeper

Bluelighter
So I recently got into thc cartridges and bought a pretty decent model vaper.

It has three settings, green, blue, and red to represent the temperature. What is the most efficient level? I've used all three with great results, so I was wondering what everyone else thinks?

I'm am probably going to look dumb asking this simple question, but I have searched all over and am having a hard time getting answers.
I'm either just not following the right treads or I'm asking in the wrong way.

I've found plenty of information for using those more old school vapes for dry flower and cbd oil, but not this. Thanks.

I was wondering what everyone else thinks?
Ok.. as I am just entering the world of vaporizing with a battery-driven "pen" myself, I wouldn't have anything more than conjecture and and maybe a link to something I found that may be apropos.
So here goes:
It would seem to me that the most efficient of heat setting would be at the lowest level. I would think that the lowest heat setting would allow for a longer lasting pen/battery, extended life of burner-thingys (coils?), more efficient burn of product and maybe less chance of the mf exploding. :D
Sure one would not get so rich of a hit so quickly but in my mind, isn't weed and it's products made to slow us down a little to be able to enjoy the ride a bit more? What's the rush, right? LOL I know this all looks fairly good on paper but real world experience may show the complete opposite is true... IDK 🤷‍♀️. This could well be fuel for a flame-war. hahaha get it? meh
And a link to something that may be of use to both of us... if not, it could be a decent start to some answers... been wondering about this temp setting issue myself for a few days.
Lemme know if ya find anything interesting?
Peace

Generally speaking; low, medium and high settings which means higher voltage > greater heat > more vapour.

There’s absolutely no way to strictly formulate consumption rate, but the hottest you run your vape, the quicker it will run out. If you want it to last the longest, run it on the lowest setting (probably also get the best flavour on the lowest setting). If you want the biggest clouds or to get high faster or higher then run it on the highest setting (but at a cost of increased rate of consumption).

Two other types of batteries worth mentioning; auto draw batteries that provide a fixed, single voltage or multi-variable voltage batteries (say 3.2V to 4.8V as an example), allowing you to dial in your vaping to your preference.

My battery of choice; auto-draws and here’s why. you can keep it in a jacket, breast, pants pocket and it can not turn on. Just can’t. You can whip it out [or pick it up from the coffee table), take a quick hoot and place it back. No heat up or waiting. Can be very stealthy if that is ever a concern.

here’s a pic showing some batteries, with a lighter for comparison.

mxWgOUVl.jpg

Bottom - variable voltage 900 mah battery
Middle - 450 mah, single voltage auto draw battery
Top - 300 mah, single voltage push button battery

The top battery (the silver one) would easily fit inside a king size cigarette package I should think.

Tom

edit - had to take another photo not showing a commercially active logo. the silver stick Flyte is a defunct black market battery.

Last edited:
Middle - 450 mah, single voltage auto draw battery
This was the basic config of my first experience with vaping thc - which was very brief. Loved it. It was as stated... draw and release. Simple and disposable.
Kinda what I was looking for before I acquired the multi-voltage pod type in anticipation of either wax, concentrate or both. Still waiting. Guess the one I am actually looking for may be available at an outlet around here... not sure. Will grab a few when I do find em. Super convenient.
Been around weed all my life and I gotta admit it is relieving and exciting to realize that there is so much more to fiddle around with and learn. Cool.
Time to puff... really want a break from bud and try something else for a minute. Patience. Wont be long now. ;)
Peace