• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Pen Needles?

nope, just rammed gas syphoning hose into my veins, becareful and im sure some great advices will come to you

Anybody use pen needles for slamming clear? I'm having problems with the 5/16 length being a little too long when using the veins that are on my lower arms
Just don't go in all the way!
Create a vacuum once u pop the skin by pulling back a tiny bit on the plunger then once you continue pushing the needle in to pop the vein blood will automatically come in once you're in. Now freeze! Keep your eyes fixated on the steel and how far its in/out and plunge.

Either that or go at a shallower angle

Always make sure the bevel is facing up

Good luck stay safe

Create a vacuum once u pop the skin by pulling back a tiny bit on the plunger then once you continue pushing the needle in to pop the vein blood will automatically come in once you're in. Now freeze! Keep your eyes fixated on the steel and how far its in/out and plunge.

Good luck stay safe
Thank you; I'm not new to injection generally, and I work in a medical-ish field (for animals), but we don't use all of the same types of equipment. I was more inquiring specifically on pen needles, as opposed to the typical tuberculin insulin ones that are used. Do they fit over a typical syringe, and is it just the same thing as a standard needle just shorter?

Thank you; I'm not new to injection generally, and I work in a medical-ish field (for animals), but we don't use all of the same types of equipment. I was more inquiring specifically on pen needles, as opposed to the typical tuberculin insulin ones that are used. Do they fit over a typical syringe, and is it just the same thing as a standard needle just shorter?
I don't know what you mean by pen needle

Good luck stay safe
100% agree. I have shallow veins that stand out on their own, and can easily got through them even with an 8mm. A shallow angle (for me about 10-15 degrees) is the only way I can get in and most importantly stay in. Try different locations as well. But strongly recommend the upper arms/ crook area. Take supplements like L-Argentine, magnesium (about 1,000,1,500mg a day I take a chelated complex of 5 different forms oxide is worthless btw), D3, potassium, zinc, low dose aspirin, and low dose ibuprofen, (aspirin thins, ibuprofen helps prevent clots), eat, and drink plenty of fluids (not soda it dehydrates you(I like to get Gatorade powder and add it to the water bottles makes it easier to want to drink, I also take a B-complex.

Btw the “bevel up” means that the pointy part is down and the hole is facing up.. in case you weren’t sure like I was.

100% agree. I have shallow veins that stand out on their own, and can easily got through them even with an 8mm. A shallow angle (for me about 10-15 degrees) is the only way I can get in and most importantly stay in. Try different locations as well. But strongly recommend the upper arms/ crook area. Take supplements like L-Argentine, magnesium (about 1,000,1,500mg a day I take a chelated complex of 5 different forms oxide is worthless btw), D3, potassium, zinc, low dose aspirin, and low dose ibuprofen, (aspirin thins, ibuprofen helps prevent clots), eat, and drink plenty of fluids (not soda it dehydrates you(I like to get Gatorade powder and add it to the water bottles makes it easier to want to drink, I also take a B-complex.

Btw the “bevel up” means that the pointy part is down and the hole is facing up.. in case you weren’t sure like I was.
I never ever checked where the bevel was, never….makes no freakin difference