• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Peer Support People Could Utilize A Chaplains Education In Style To Conduct MDMA Sessions For PTSD ala MAPS (bluelights funders) mission

Joey Plus

Ex-Bluelighter
I have a pretty good working knowledge that most psychology staff and professors to be aren't equipped or most likely even in a want to conduct something like MDMA assisted therapy with a cohort of people - and the prevalence of PTSD (more and more complex each year) to military peoples and all kinds is increasing with the % diagnosable EACH year. Every year greater and greater a ratio of peoples across any demographic could easily be described as having this issue - or as being 'shell shocked' classically. For example - 2020 with the pandemic saw transgender attempted suicide rates (AFTER Canada defining them in code against hate crimes in 2017 and additionally major revisions to gender laws in military acceptance and selection to what treatment in reform via incarceration) jumped from 42% (I believe) to well over 50% that year.. while younger people esp. under 30 were written in many articles as suffering mental health issues due to the stress of the era and pandemic..

That was a little drawn out. Peer support people and chaplains educations (spiritual guidance and regardless to religion or demomination) could easily be defined for a ew type of job. Canada has lots of this type of training available and seeks people with lived or living experience even on the federal level in harm reduction efforts. So does the military.

There is a MAPS Canada - so why not hybridize those two jobs together - easily (peer support people are usually pretty good in heart despite the emerging field struggling to find media attention or acceptance where known even in medical systems) to someone like a spiritual support corps paid under veterans affairs block. And conduct shamanisticaly?

Imagine a good person with a background like that with experience sitting with you and even taking some of the substance WITH you for an MDMA roll through your life - to report personally and confidentially to psychology and contemporary social systems combined? This would be an EASY job to create and fill and good for the ideologies of enforcement based physicians practices and hospital/police systems being slow and in the way. I think THAT would be the crack to get the roles of harm reduction i drug strategy, Canada / US both at once easily, and a part of bluelights mission with MAPS as a foray to serve MDMA assisted therapies in chaotic and trying times to an actual treatment regimen out to the public and military / intelligence roles EASILY.

I plan on making a proposal around this. Just noting here.

Would you take a treatment from a good peer support profession with some provsional spiritual training in a laid back system? Here is Canada it's all there to be had and MAPS has a MAPS Canada. US has a surprisingly good amount of harm reduction hidden in its federal strategy as well.

This is MAPS territory so noting here. What do you think BL?

Combine that with the emergence or peer support certifications and anti-stigma efforts in SUAP funded harm reduction based agencies Canada wide. Harm reduction is a mess of a subject overall and very displaced and far between - but a hyrid between that and something like this

Could be a condensed course, funded, regimented federally evading provincial BS and 'doctors opinions' to push MAPS study and form of treatment with even shamanistic settings to use WITH a cool person on board while the stigma of use is declined easily and to national news effort without much to say in contention! These jobs already exist and are fully federally backed and funded at every step of the the way.