View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, you are at the stage of the trip where your brain can absorb massive concepts. Very cool place to be.

Trip on over to timothylearyarchives dot org. Grow out, go further, lots to learn.

meditation and yoga can be really fun on acid, as can a bike ride. physical exercise can let your mind just go to auto pilot and rest for a little bit.

Hey there, you are at the stage of the trip where your brain can absorb massive concepts. Very cool place to be.

Trip on over to timothylearyarchives dot org. Grow out, go further, lots to learn.

I have absolutely no idea what that means haha but yea its a cool place to see things

meditation and yoga can be really fun on acid, as can a bike ride. physical exercise can let your mind just go to auto pilot and rest for a little bit.

im indoors so doing exrcise is quite a bit, any meditation advice you've got would help though

Wow time is really not how i see it haha its been 2 hours since i posted this. Felt like 10 minutes tbh. Doing all good here just needed a bit of assurance that nothing is normal anyway :) thanks guys you really helped me on this

This seemed like a good place to ask this:

Are there any experienced phenethylamine users here who practice "natural" methods (like meditation) for achieving out-of-body experiences?

My ex-girlfriend and I enjoyed ETH-LAD yesterday, and it was one of my most enjoyable x-L(A/S)D experiences ever. I dosed 225ug and she 150ug. It was a beautiful day, and the evening even moreso. We took the blotter sublingually, and swallowed them approx 45 minutes later. It was incredible to enjoy a walk in a particularly lovely area behind my house with a deep valley and a heavily wooded creek. The abundant sunshine twinkled through the canopy of leaves, and first alerts were lazy and comfortable, imparting a tranquility that was almost sedating, and my trip partner expressed heaviness in her legs.

We enjoyed cheap light beer in cans during our walk, and thirty minutes later, returned to the house to enjoy slices of canteloupe. As this was her first full experience (she'd tried threshold doses of 25i-NBOH, 5-MEO-DALT, and 1P-LSD before), I had prepared the setting for an enjoyable, benevolent time, and had cleaned the house from top to bottom, purchased multiple-function Christmas lights and arranged them throughout the living room. After eating canteloupe and putting a pizza in the oven, we went back outside for another walk in the valley. At this point my depth perception had adjusted, and there was a much more evident third dimension to my environment. Sunlight now possessed a presence of mass and substance and climbing the hill out of the valley pulled us out of our more unhurried demeanor and stimulation set in. My "Porcupine Tree" Pandora station really served as the ambience generator and mood director of the trip, and at 2 hours we were absolutely fucked.

We took one last walk around 80 minutes in, after beginning our pizza binge -- we put pizzas on a tray and carried it with us on our walk--beer, pizza, and two trippin fools in one of the only quiet, rustic spots in this part of Des Moines. There was a point of awkardness when there was sexual tension and awkwardness, being as that I just have no physical desire for her, but that I love her all the same, and therefor she is my ex-girlfriend, present-soul-mate.

Anyway, the stream of conscience that proceeded whisked us through three hours of spontaneous, short-lived endeavors and thought-processes where we found ourselves looking at the moon and stars under this unbelievably crystal clear sky. They twinkled in bright colors: red, verdigris, and fuchsia, and it wasn't long before we arranged to acquire some marijuana for the comedown.

Lovely experience -- so much better shared. I was told that it was the most incredible experience she could imagine.

That's beautiful man. :) Sounds like a pretty healthy relationship with your ex too, that's cool. My girl is friends with her exes, well most of them she doesn't really communicate with anymore but her last boyfriend was her most serious relationship of her life thus far (they broke up 5 years ago though), and they're pretty much best friends now. I think it speaks to a person's emotional maturity when they can be close with their exes. it's like, you truly did share something deep with each other that went beyond sex/romance, so why remove that from your life unless there is a separate reason to do so?

This seemed like a good place to ask this:

Are there any experienced phenethylamine users here who practice "natural" methods (like meditation) for achieving out-of-body experiences?

I don't meditate, but wondered if you meant during a phenethylamine trip, or just in general?

That sounds like a very nice experience, Just A Guy. :) I couldn't help but laugh at the part about the pizza haha.

I don't meditate, but wondered if you meant during a phenethylamine trip, or just in general?

Both really, I mean either works since I'm just looking for some perspective. I'm mostly just curious if people who are used to getting into hallucinogenic states without the need for drugs might see less of a difference between the capabilities of tryptamines and phenethylamines. In the sense that, for example: if you can go into a full dream world while sober, surely even doing it on like an easygoing dose of 2C-B could seem a lot more profound than normal, right?

My thoughts stem back to an experience I had a few years ago, and are now resurfacing from the fact that I've recently gotten fairly good at getting into an out-of-body state from meditating, though it's still much easier for me to do so while high, so I generally am. This is roughly how it looks when it happens:

2vsff9l.jpg

The first picture is like what happens when suddenly I go from a calm state to seeing a faint white light and having these sensory disturbances suddenly popping up all around me. Depending on the context, repetitive imagery of faces, arms, or shadow bodies is common. Once the overload becomes too much, it pops out to the second phase, represented by the second and third picture. If the phase is completed, it will start by showing me up close with all of these patterns and other things similar to that picture around me, and then a much larger pattern will shoot out from me and encompass a massive space as my body shrinks off into the distance. It is possible for it to not go that far, and if that is the case then I will hang around in limbo for a bit where I'm controlling my body from a distance and flying through these dark, delirious landscapes full of snakes and landscapes with cosmic or ancient vibes to them. If it does go all the way though, into the white light, then it can take me into that place where your mind is everything.

So, cannabis and meditation can get me easily to the overload phase, frequently to the limbo space, and occasionally to the white light. I'm not quite that good yet without it... but I'm getting better. With psychedelics, I'm led to think that something different is going on by default because some of them don't really synergize with it beyond just adding some nice visual effects and head changes into the mix, but certain ones actually do noticeably work along the same lines. LSD, for example, can take me to any one of those stages particularly when combined with cannabis with no meditation required, depending on the dose, but it usually hangs more in the in-body zone and only passes into the first or maybe second phase a couple times on a normal trip. On the other hand, I expect to reach the second and usually the third almost any time I take 4-HO-DET, which usually keeps me hanging around the first even in a completely calm environment with no forms of stimulation. By comparison, 4-HO-MET is sort of in between the two, it is mostly in-body but occasionally dips into the first or second phase, and rarely the third.

Anyway, the old experience of mine that had resurfaced is when I took a very high dose of 2C-I. I really had no significant experience with this meditation stuff back then and it didn't occur to me even try, but I smoked cannabis right at the beginning of that experience to kick it off and I was launched into one of the heaviest examples of the first phase I've experienced... but the thing is, it didn't progress past that phase, and since the mindset was still fairly lucid even at that dose, it still came off feeling sort of hollow in the end. But that was only because I didn't recognize it for what it was at the time, and now that's part of what fascinates me about it.... When I get to that point from meditating on cannabis alone, even the end result is extremely lucid and controllable, just like a lucid dream. When it happens from smoking on LSD or tryptamines, typically even the ones that are pretty clearheaded have a lot of racing thoughts and feelings of dissociation that set in by the time the final phase is reached. There is still a level of control, but it is based on twisted or eccentric mindsets, which is of course part of their appeal... but it just had me thinking that it would also be nice to explore those same deep places with a full psychedelic force behind it and remain lucid like I would without the others. On that 2C-I, I definitely felt overwhelmed by what was happening because the body high and just the feeling of intensity in the experience in general were so great, but I was still totally in my right mind and knew exactly what was going on (except for which way was up), and if the trip alone could take me that close to hitting the second phase then I know I could easily take it the rest of the way on my own now....

Honestly, I really don't have much interest in taking 2C-I again at that level, but I am still interested in experimenting a lot with the others and I bet some of them definitely have some interesting synergies to discover. So, I was just wondering if anyone has used a lot of them actually had any input to give on it.

I actually had a really interesting experience on 2C-I once. As I hit the peak, I realized I was seeing movement of sort of ripple-forms in the corners of my vision. Like moving shapes, energies. But in the middle of my vision I did not see this. Then I noticed that whenever I refocused my vision, it looked as if two forms exactly like crossed hands would slam down immediately across the main portion of my vision, but what I was seeing in my peripheral was constant. After a while, as I studied it, I noticed that one of the shapes was a young boy, I guessed at 7 years old. He was curious about me, it seemed. He would slowly creep up near me, looking, but if I gave any indication I could see him, he'd step back. There was also a middle-aged man standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. He appeared stern but kindly, like he was just watching over us (both the boy and myself). I didn't feel any sense of fear over this, mostly I assumed I was hallucinating but it seemed very real and these entities felt separate from me.

Well, the next morning I was still on the strong afterglow (I took it late-night), and me and my ex-wife were downstairs in our apartment talking. I was curious and I asked her if she'd had any experience with spirits here (she has always been sensitive to that as well as the other women in her family, and has had a lot of experiences). And she says to me, "Yeah, most of the time I sense 2 spirits... one is a 7 year old boy, he's pretty shy, and the other is a stern middle-aged man who watches over and tries to protect us". That really slammed into me and my eyes were wide as I told her about my experience the night before. Then the cats started getting weird, they were staring at this spot in the air, and looked like this thought it was getting closer... they were kinda freaked out, and kind of curious... one of them even looked like he was trying to rub up against it once. me and my ex looked at each other, and both were thinking the same thing. I said, "Hey little boy, if that's you, come sit down and hang out with us". All of a sudden, not 2 seconds later, there was a loud THUMP on the ground near us, like something flopped down. I could feel the vibration through the floor. I still wasn't scared but it was a pretty intense feeling witnessing this sequence of events that I can't think of any explanation for that seems more plausible than what it seems like it was. I was tripping, sure, and if all that had happened was the first time, I'd have written it off as me just tripping. But my ex was not tripping (never did trip), and the experience was shared.

That is very interesting! I cannot say I have had an experience that profound on it, but the way you described it overall does sound very similar to my trips on it, and especially that time. I was definitely tripping harder then but that was how it worked; I was just walking around staring at the patterns and marveling at the fact that I was experiencing the cubist painting kind of effect I've heard about from phenethylamines for the first time, and suddenly things started creeping in from the sides of my vision. The whole thing came on fast and felt dream-like, and I just remember suddenly being surrounded by many figures, still mostly shadow people but with some basic geometric detail and faces in their designs. My interactions with them were less interesting, but they moved quickly around me and definitely had a life to them similarly to what I would expect from higher doses of LSD or a tryptamine, though I have to say that in some ways I actually found 2C-I, and maybe phenethylamines in general, to have something to them which feels a little more "spiritual" in nature to me, if I'm being honest.

I actually find LSD and tryptamines to generally connect me to myself in deeply human ways, like exploring my subconscious. On the other hand, 2C-I was the first psychedelic (and remains one of the only) to give me 3D imagery of things like crocodiles and structures resembling totem poles, and it actually makes me feel really alien and detached from my normal humanness at higher doses. The couple blotters I've tried that I'm fairly sure were amphetamines also felt this way, and one of them also had this strong feeling like it had a presence of its own to guide the experience, in the right setting. MDMA also once had me following a friend who was my "guide" through the fog in an entirely hallucinated bamboo forest in the "spirit world".... I have also had some pretty difficult experiences to comprehend on it such as my being tripped by my own shadow coming to life. I don't pretend to know what is going on in this reality but I think it's cool you got to be there for something like that! Life is more interesting when it gives you real thinkers like that. :)

As for 2C-I, like I said that time I was actually at that point where sensory information was becoming compromised and the white light was forming; I haven't gotten that for out since then with it and have only stuck to lower doses, but even then some of this deepness has carried back to it similar to being sensitized to the meditative states of LSD or tryptamines. Things stayed mostly peripheral as you prescribed but it was still pretty visually interesting for what it was, with lots of hands reaching around the edges of things especially. I do think 2C-I could probably get more interesting for me at even higher doses, but it's not one I really want to push too high due to some concern over possible pressor effects. There's plenty more though.... I'd really love to know how many of them carry this same spiritual vibe in me. Of course I haven't even tried mescaline yet; I really need to get on that one of these days!

I have never known 2C-I. One day! Same for mescaline. However, I will be adding DOPR to my resume, sometime when I can manage to find a sitter for kids, etc to be able to responsibly enjoy 24-30 hours of energy & psychedelia.

Very nice, I'm envious! :) I have been reading about DOPR a lot lately and think that one would also be very interesting to experiment with in this way; even Dr. Shulgin said that it had "a nagging suggestion of the out-of-body, out-of-center character that is the hallmark of the anesthetic and delusional drugs such as scopolamine or ketamine." I'm also very intrigued by the more recent trip reports of high doses and "tryptamine-like" effects.... You should definitely let us know how it goes when you try it!

2C-I is definitely not a psychedelic your life wouldn't be complete without, but I like it. The visuals for me are completely different at around 25 mg and over 80 mg, which is not unlike what I've heard of from other phenethylamines like 2C-C. Mescaline is one I'm very much looking forward to. :)

I was out the other day taking a wander on a low dose of DXM (280mg) to smoke a joint. While walking in the park I noticed a man and a dog walking towards. At a certain distance the dog suddenly froze and wouldn't budge despite the owner trying to make him walk. It stared at me until I had walked past them. I've noticed the exact same thing walking around on MXE before as well. Seems like dissociates send out very strange vibes to dogs, or maybe it changes the way your sweat smells, or perhaps it's the robowalking that freaks them out?

Last edited:
50 mg of MiPT ingested along with a fiber cookie. A surprisingly mild taste compared to the 4-substituted versions.

This is a massively underappreciated substance.

The intensity is short-lived, which is not crazy I guess considering its close chemical relatives. I'm two hours after dosing right now and all the visuals and visions are pretty much over, but I still feel the body energy and music stuff for sure. I was going to do some live reporting in this post, but it was overwhelming enough that I just decided to relax into it instead.... I'll write a trip report later when I can, I'm going to keep using what's left for now. <3

Trip report posted: link.

Last edited:
Interesting about the MIPT.

Just found a vendor with dipt, met, and mipt that will actually ship to my area. Would very much like to try all 3

Lucky you! I'm currently feeling the depression of the fact that I only have enough MiPT to get maybe a couple more strong trips in. :( I still think it was pretty wonderful, my whole day has been really nice after it. MET I would also absolutely love to try as well, especially after today. DiPT is a beautiful substance too, though definitely more different from DMT than MiPT was for me. It comes highly recommended. :)

Very nice, I'm envious! :) I have been reading about DOPR a lot lately and think that one would also be very interesting to experiment with in this way; even Dr. Shulgin said that it had "a nagging suggestion of the out-of-body, out-of-center character that is the hallmark of the anesthetic and delusional drugs such as scopolamine or ketamine." I'm also very intrigued by the more recent trip reports of high doses and "tryptamine-like" effects.... You should definitely let us know how it goes when you try it!

2C-I is definitely not a psychedelic your life wouldn't be complete without, but I like it. The visuals for me are completely different at around 25 mg and over 80 mg, which is not unlike what I've heard of from other phenethylamines like 2C-C. Mescaline is one I'm very much looking forward to. :)

Yes, it's going to be tough to find a time when I can use it! Regarding 2C-I -- I guess I want to try it like I've always wanted to try AMT.

Holy shit! That video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=622&v=fCn8zs912OE), JAG. I'm pretty sure that 80% of my brain was running off to do cartwheels in the grass while 20% was sitting studiously at its little mental desk trying desperately to keep up with even 1% of what he is saying.

I know, right? But it was very interesting, and it inspired a lot independent thought.

50 mg of MiPT ingested along with a fiber cookie. A surprisingly mild taste compared to the 4-substituted versions.

This is a massively underappreciated substance.

The intensity is short-lived, which is not crazy I guess considering its close chemical relatives. I'm two hours after dosing right now and all the visuals and visions are pretty much over, but I still feel the body energy and music stuff for sure. I was going to do some live reporting in this post, but it was overwhelming enough that I just decided to relax into it instead.... I'll write a trip report later when I can, I'm going to keep using what's left for now.

MiPT, huh? Does come with a lot of horn?

Status
Not open for further replies.