• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: Euphoric Rambles for Swirling Souls

Well I really enjoy the opioid and amphetamine drugs; both have their place (amphetamines especially for a long road trip or some EDM event where I don't care for the artist), and one of my favorite combos lately has been opioids with LSD. The two body highs combine better than any I've ever experienced. Add in some weed and I feel so heavy, melt into the couch in a puddle of bliss as my mind flies in every direction.

Do you find that interesting, though? There's a huge difference between interesting and enjoyable. I find salvia incredibly interesting and barely enjoyable, whereas I find hydrocodone incredibly enjoyable but barely interesting.

Not trying to say that they can't be interesting for you, but for me they really aren't, and that's why I agree with TAC. And that really matters for me, because I've never felt any significant desire to continue regularly using a drug that wasn't interesting, no matter how enjoyable it was.

Not that you really should incorporate other stuff into your life, or that it's really the point of something like alcohol to be interesting in itself... but fwiw I do find nootropics interesting, meaning the lot of them are potentially interesting but only some are only actually interesting and it is still for a big part the implications that are interesting rather than the actual experiences. Meaning that it can be remarkable to improve some functionality, but the reflection on that fact is more interesting than having improved functionality. I have had very psychedelic-like experiences on some nootropics though - very cognition rather than consciousness expanding but it felt like basically the same thing at the time.

I would say a lot of things about taking deliriants, hardly any of them positive, but it should prove to be interesting.

I actually do find nootropics really interesting too, I just consider them different enough from most recreational psychoactives that it doesn't even occur to me to include them under the same label like that. If I did I would say that they're part of it too, but only too an extent... primarily because I'm not actually convinced that almost any of them are as effective as people claim. Some, like the racetams, do grab my attention though. Piracetam and aniracetam have given me some surprisingly psychedelic experiences as well, not in a really trippy sense but in the way they have enhanced my senses and emotionality.

I didn't include deliriants on that short list because I don't like to encourage people to take them either, but yes, they are interesting. In my honest, humble opinion, more so than dissociatives, and nearly as much as psychedelics. But they unfortunately also seem quite toxic. :( It wasn't for that I think I would actually still be tripping on diphenhydramine occasionally too.

Hmmm, well I see what you mean. I don't find amphetamines particularly interesting, but I do find opioids to be so. The wide range of substances within that class and their varying effects keeps me enthralled. Some of my most contented highs have been on opioids and I find that to be a psychedelic state in and of itself; there's certainly a mental component to opioids IME.

It has been a kind of a blah week. Good news is I finally was contacted by the university that's going to hire me as a facilities technician soon. So the financial anxiety has dropped a bit. But I picked up a virus from my daughter, very flu-like, and it just seemed to hit full-blown this afternoon. Aching neck, back, sinuses stuffed, chills... Decided to grab a bottle of DXM, and ended up taking 475mg DXM + 147.5 doxylamine succinate. (No stranger to deliriants or DXM, and smaller doses than I used to do.) It feels good. I haven't opened the bottle of BV I also brought along (just in case) and as we all know, it's not advisable to mix alcohol with the other substances I just mentioned taking, so if I do have some, it's going to be no more than 1 ounce, and at least a couple of hours later. I want to watch a good movie. I watched "The Hot Chick" and laughed my ass off. But Arrival, even though it's been so lauded, is a movie that I simply haven't been able to stay interested in. Can't wait for Blade Runner 2049. Also looking forward to John Wick 2. Peace out my peeps. Oh yeah -- the girlfriend and I haven't spent a valentine's day together since...ever? lol Always something in the way. I don't mind. I don't like the holiday all that much, except as it's fun for the kids...puppy love and all that. hehehe My breath is hot. This pencil is sharp. I'm going to make some hamburgers.

^^ I've done that before, drink a bottle of DXM as medicine lol. Strangely it was one of my most pleasant experiences with it, much more so than it usually is for me while healthy. Glad you're managing to enjoy yourself with it despite everything. :) And that's good about your financial concerns, too!

Hmmm, well I see what you mean. I don't find amphetamines particularly interesting, but I do find opioids to be so. The wide range of substances within that class and their varying effects keeps me enthralled. Some of my most contented highs have been on opioids and I find that to be a psychedelic state in and of itself; there's certainly a mental component to opioids IME.

Well, to be fair I don't have all that much experience to speak from with opioids, I just haven't gotten much out of them yet. But, I also haven't really tried, as other than my first couple attempts as a teenager I've purposefully kept to lower doses and only used them when in pain, even if I also was hoping for a recreational high from them.

I have experienced something that I would equate to a psychedelic high on an opioid, but only once, on 10 mg of oxycodone. At the time I didn't really enjoy the experience because after it started I tried to use it like a psychedelic for my imagination, and with my mind more muted than enhanced it put me in a weird headspace where I mostly just wanted it to end. I could understand getting more out of it if I went into it expecting it to be like that though.

I do believe that there is some connection, as the research I have seen many times over the years would seem to suggest that the dopamine release in the brain's reward centers following mu-opioid receptor activation is the same one that is dependent on the cortical pyramidal neurons which are positively regulated by 5-HT2A receptors. I also can't help but notice that the ones that I've felt it most strongly on that have been tested scientifically, like 4-HO-MET, appear to have pretty high efficacy at the receptor compared to the classics.

So far I think the closest psychedelic experience I've had to that 10 mg of oxycodone was 65 mg of 4-HO-EPT. Both caused few perceptual alterations other than blurred vision and a feeling of detachment, and both caused a deeply satisfying euphoria and a mix of physical relaxation and energy. Of course, the 4-HO-EPT was still much more psychedelic overall, particularly with the colorful imagination enhancement and the flashes of visuals that were indeed quite complex in the rare instances they were present. For these reasons I definitely still really preferred it overall.

Nonetheless, since the euphoria feels the same I could see it being useful regardless of the substance that causes it. If opioids have a similar amount of variance to psychedelics in this way then I could understand the appeal of trying different ones and seeing what works best for you.

I had an accident a while ago and I'm still tripping pretty hard.. any help would be appreciated.

I think I'm on LSD, but I can't be sure. Anyway, I'm trying to stay calm until it wears off.

I might have had several mg's of LSD on my body a few days ago, but I don't know.

Feel free to message me via PM too.

When I get through this, I have a story of a lifetime to tell.

Last edited:
How long have you been tripping for?

Any idea how much time has passed?

Do you remember ingesting anything?

Just remember it'll wear off, it always does.

Also chat.tripsit.me is a good place for instant assistance should you need it.

I think 3-4 days already. feeling ok, but still notice that I am altered.

Yea, I smelled something and I ate normal food. Could have contained a lot of LSD or something.

If you're feeling ok that's a good start! But being awake for 3-4 days isn't gonna help, do you think you can get some rest soon? Have any benzos at hand or are you just going to ride it out?

Has it decreased in intensity over the past few days?

I've slept every night, no worries. I've been resting every time I can.

I don't have benzos atm, I prefer to ride it out..

Yea it has decreased, the first day was the worst and I had to drink a lot of alcohol to stay sane.

Well that's good that you're able to sleep, and it's decreasing in intensity <3

Last edited:
i dont have notable visuals if that's what you're asking. i'll be fine, thank you

There's a possibility that my family is altered too, so i'm trying to stay calm with them too. Been taking precautions already, such as cleaning etc.

So no visuals, but how do you feel altered?

Unless your family are hard headed psychonauts they probably would've said something by now...

Had any 3-meo-pcp recently at all?

No melting etc, but some kind of visuals, similar to high dose of LSD. Like HPPD effects.

Ah ok, that's odd man, i've never had such a high dose of LSD so I can't give you definite advice.

But if you're cool mentally, then just ride it out and enjoy it.

If you need anything, BL is always here for ya.

I had an accident a while ago and I'm still tripping pretty hard.. any help would be appreciated.

I think I'm on LSD, but I can't be sure. Anyway, I'm trying to stay calm until it wears off.

I might have had several mg's of LSD on my body a few days ago, but I don't know.

Feel free to message me via PM too.

When I get through this, I have a story of a lifetime to tell.

Wow man, I'm curious how you could have "maybe" taken several mgs of LSD. And your family too?

Anyway yeah just stay calm. Honestly a benzo might be a really good idea right now if it's been days already.

Was this event preceded by a 3-MeO-PCP binge or an extraordinarily high dose? I have a hunch you may be experiencing psychosis, but maybe I just don't understand due to very limited information.

<3

Shit xammy... Feel free to PM me and we can get in contact on another medium (seeing as your PMs are full).

^Xorkoth

but maybe I just don't understand due to very limited information. <- this. but indeed, its serious so I'll tell later...

thanks guys <3

I probably didn't get a few mgs of LSD, but its possible. I might have got a few hundred micrograms though, I really don't know at this point. I'm feeling fine now, but I've had really tough time lately.

psy997 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Last edited:
^Xorkoth

but maybe I just don't understand due to very limited information. <- this. but indeed, its serious so I'll tell later...

thanks guys <3

I probably didn't get a few mgs of LSD, but its possible. I might have got a few hundred micrograms though, I really don't know at this point. I'm feeling fine now, but I've had really tough time lately.

psy997 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Cleared. Sorry about that xammy :(

Wow Xamy, what happened?? Were you laying blotters??

Hope you make it fine, please be safe and we'll be here if you need support!!!

Nah, I haven't done anything like that ever, I have clear criminal record and self-esteem so I have nothing to worry about guys.. thanks for supporting me :)

I'm at home, all is fine, I haven't even been to hospital or no one has.