• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xorkoth, how much water do you drink? I've found that when I'm dehydrated I actually tend to pee more. Harder for my body to get the toxins out maybe, idk.

Also, working from home probably doesn't help. A few years ago when I started spending a lot more time at home I noticed that I ended up urinating very frequently... at first just because I could and I didn't think much of it, but I think eventually my bladder ended up weakining because it never got practice at holding it in.

Coffee and beer have diuretic properties. I find pissing getting increasingly hands on, I have to really think about it sometimes. Used to flow.

I'm joining in the chorus of ageing bodies. 34 next month and for at least the last 2 years I've started to feel my age.

i always feel bad venting in PD, since i don't want to ruin anyone's good vibes. but i feel a lot more comfortable here than i do in TDS, since i never really posted there before i got sick so i don't really know anyone over there. thanks for letting me vent guys.

We all need to vent sometimes, and to what better audience than the PD Social gang?

For example (the biggest example that makes me feel paranoid), I tend to have to pee a lot, I've always been that way but it's gotten steadily worse as I've gotten older.

This is actually what worries me more than anything else, too. For awhile I was really concerned that I borked my plumbing with too much MXE, but I've been feeling more normal recently, which is nice. I agree with pharmakos -- ye gotta steel yer bladder by holdin' it in longer.

I don't like the nicotine buzz either, there is a point where I barely feel it that it's decent, and I've had a few instances while on dissociatives or stimulants where it felt amazing, but generally after feeling nicotine, from smoking it or otherwise, I feel worse than before I felt it.

IME it's definitely not something that you can get "high" on; by the time you really feel it, it's too much. (The fact that it's impossible to heavily abuse is probably what allows so many people to maintain functional habits.)

And I've been taking phenibut (you mentioning Lyrica reminded me) a lot recently, and pretty consistently for quite a while (2 years, plus other long periods before that), makes me kinda nervous. Especially since I also drink.

The last time I took phenibut, I noticed that I had a dull ache in my lower left abdominal region the next day, which got worse whenever I went to take a piss. It worried me; have you ever felt anything similar?

Xorkoth, how much water do you drink? I've found that when I'm dehydrated I actually tend to pee more. Harder for my body to get the toxins out maybe, idk.

I drink a lot of water, I always have a glass of water when I'm home (which is a lot of the time due to work), I drink at least 8 16-oz glasses of water a day.

Coffee and beer have diuretic properties. I find pissing getting increasingly hands on, I have to really think about it sometimes. Used to flow.

Yes, this is exactly what it is, I have to focus to pee a lot of the time, not always. Sometimes I'll press on my bladder rhythmically which gets it going. it's way worse when I'm on stimulants, and I've been doing a fair amount of stimulants in recent times so I think that is making me more paranoid. It feels like something that shouldn't be happening and I get concerned I have damaged myself. Maybe I have. But it feels good to hear others around my age reporting the same.

This is actually what worries me more than anything else, too. For awhile I was really concerned that I borked my plumbing with too much MXE, but I've been feeling more normal recently, which is nice. I agree with pharmakos -- ye gotta steel yer bladder by holdin' it in longer.

I have always hated the feeling of urine in my bladder, if possible I have always emptied it as soon as I feel any amount of it. I don't know, ever since I can remember I dislike that feeling. It's just uncomfortable.

The last time I took phenibut, I noticed that I had a dull ache in my lower left abdominal region the next day, which got worse whenever I went to take a piss. It worried me; have you ever felt anything similar?

Yeah if I take too much I get that sort of weird internal ache. Weird and worrisome feeling, I generally take the right amount these days, occasionally the same amount that is usually right will feel like a little too much. But that feeling makes me concerned it is damaging to my liver. I didn't notice it increase with having to pee, but I have noticed that it can feel like my bladder is sensitive and my pee is extra hot when I take too much phenibut.

Well I almost didn't go to band practice but I decided to go, glad I did, I feel somewhat better but still definitely like I have a cold. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I got ahold of my girl and she told me she wishes she could be here so she could take good care of me. What a gem. <3

Yeah, stimulants, especially serotonergic ones seem to make it really hard to piss. AMT is really bad. Ketamine too.

We're getting old. :)

Hello PD. Missed ya all. Been on hiatus but I am doing very well after one crazy summer. Dare I say the best I've been since 2013. But good mental health is tenuous, or seems like it can be for me, so I am treading carefully. Cautious but also happy and proud of my hard work.

Xor and Kaleida....I know I owe ya some PMs.

I'll have to catch up on some posts now.

Glad to see you again MGS! Pharmakos, hang in there man! I really hope things start looking up for you soon!<3

Nice to see ya here mgs! missed ya

Good to hear you've been having such a splendid year :) Me, too for the last part, really turned it around for the better.

@xorkoth:
lyrica can be a sort of relaxant, but if you're taking higher doses and would be getting some additional gabaB agonism from phenibut that could be trouble as that might make it more of a muscle relaxant?
kegel exercises and keeping an eye on these particular cuprits (thank god i dont take K anymore) should do the trick.

Hello PD. Missed ya all. Been on hiatus but I am doing very well after one crazy summer. Dare I say the best I've been since 2013. But good mental health is tenuous, or seems like it can be for me, so I am treading carefully. Cautious but also happy and proud of my hard work.

Xor and Kaleida....I know I owe ya some PMs.

I'll have to catch up on some posts now.

Hey man, what's up?? I've been worried about you. Really glad to hear things have been going well. :)

@xorkoth:
lyrica can be a sort of relaxant, but if you're taking higher doses and would be getting some additional gabaB agonism from phenibut that could be trouble as that might make it more of a muscle relaxant?
kegel exercises and keeping an eye on these particular cuprits (thank god i dont take K anymore) should do the trick.

Not sure if you thought I was taking lyrica and phenibut together, but it's just phenibut, I would take lyrica if someone gave me some, gladly, but I wouldn't combine them.

I had the weirdest dream last night. My ex and I were together in it (no idea why I keep having these dreams where we're still together, I guess it's just because we were together from age 18 to 30, takes more than 3 years to clear that out), and we were in bed, and this guy I really like in real life who is a member of my friend's band (and ironically first tried out for our band to replace that same friend) was in the room with us, and he was being really creepy, he kept not leaving even though we were trying to have privacy and then he came over and started rubbing my ex's back. So I got pissed and jumped out of bed and told him to get the fuck out. He started getting offended and saying I'd regret it if I didn't let him do whatever he wanted. I chased him through the house trying to get him to leave, and he told me that he's been watching us having sex and wants to get in on it, so I got really pissed and told him I was gonna call the cops. So I tried calling 911 but it was like there were popup ads for 911, I had to sit and listen through several audio advertisements for this and that bullshit. Finally I got someone on the line and they like, yeah I guess we'll send someone, this is pretty low priority though. Then my friend (who had become my mortal enemy in the dream) got all sinister and angry and was like, you better call them off, because you know what? I have video cameras installed all around your house and I've got it all on video, and I'm gonna put it online if the cops come. I got so blindingly angry, I just started chasing him around trying to beat his ass.

I still remember how intensely angry I was, it was a really vivid dream and I was fucking PISSED at him, realistically so because it was also a betrayal from a friend. I woke up at some point in the midst of rage, and like every time when I have a dream where I'm with my ex, my first thought was, "damn it, what the fuck, I love my girlfriend, why did I do that?? What am I going to do??" Then I realized it was a dream and I felt an immense sense of relief.

Dreams are so weird. Like, where did all that come from?

I had a vivid dream too but it all slipped my mind since waking. I just remember a major point being that I ordered a 'snake-bite' at a bar and the bar wench was like "$34 please" and I flipped out on her and refused to pay for it. I don't recall anything outside of that :|

Clearly, my subconscious is upset with how darn much a snake-bite costs at a bar. It's just Guinness and cider for cryin' out loud, how does that justify the 8+ dollar price tag everywhere?!

Yeah alcohol prices at restaurants/bars are insane, what a racket. Hugest markup of practically anything I can think of. Especially for shots. Let's see, I think I'll pay $6 for one shot, when I could get the whole bottle for 2-3x that price at a liquor store.

My friend went to a Chicago festival and said he got charged $22 for a nice beer (can't remember which, some really good craft beer), it was 16oz. $22?? What the fuck? I went to see a Phish show in Charlotte and Ticketmaster was charging $11 for a tall boy Budweiser can. I can get that at a gas station for $1.59.

I never get people who go out to bars all the time. I'd go broke if I went to a bar every time I drank. I can spend $4 to $8 to get as drunk as I want at home, if I went to a bar and drank the same I'd be hitting $100 and that's where I live, which is cheap as fuck compared to big cities like Chicago and New York. A really good friend of mine worked on cruise ships for years, he had no expenses (since you live on the cruise ship) and made pretty good money, and he came out of 7 years of it with absolutely no money because he basically became an alcoholic while on there and spent everything he made in bars.

Last edited:
Well after having not rained for almost 60 days, we had dozens and dozens of fires in the 3-state mountain region around here... some of them were close by and were filling the air with smoke day and and day out. We needed rain so bad. Well 2 nights ago it finally rained, and now today it has been pouring all day. So, yeah! But I still feel kinda bummed at a dark and rainy day. Plus my roof leak that I patched seems to be leaking again. I really need to finish saving up for a tin roof, my plan is to install it myself (with some help). Roofs are expensive...

I've been using a lot less substances since Thanksgiving. Usually I use 3 meo pcp 5 or 6 days out of the week but I've only used it once in the last 5 days. Also been drinking less, 2 beers as opposed to 4-6 in a night. Still smoking just as much weed tho, possibly slightly more than usual, but that doesn't bother me. Ideally I would still smoke weed everyday but drink and do drugs only 2 days or less out of the week. Something to work towards.
I'm about to go to the gym after not having gone for a couple months. Other than the obvious heath benefits it's also a way for me to not be at home which helps with doing less drugs. And I think the seasonal depression has finally hit me, or maybe it's just a lot of work related stress, either way a good endorphin high usually takes care of the blues for me.
Love you PD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.