• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^If I had an interview I would have that confidence, no problem. Everything is online now though. I wouldn't even know how to get into contact with school principles. I figure that if nothing happens till Spring, I can go to the many school job fairs that pop up around March-May and put a face to the name, and show them who I am and that I know I can do the job. But that's months from now, and in the mean time I don't foresee anyone calling me back if there are other people with on the job experience out there, no matter how incompetent.

Half the teachers I subbed for who were 'history' teachers didn't even have a degree in a related field. They hired them simply because they coached a sport. Me, I have a history degree, I want to teach history and would excel at it, but I don't like sports, never played any, so to them I'm about as useful as a box of rocks. Who needs history as long as the kids get to tackle each other and receive life-long debilitating injuries right?

Well, most schools have security out the ass and don't let strangers just walk in anymore (although I'm still young enough to have been mistaken as a student on occasion 8)). Not to mention my job I currently work is M-F 7am-4pm and as such, I literally work during all the hours a school would be open, for any grade level. Hence my feeling that a job fair will be my only out. My girlfriend's mother had success with a job fair, it helped her move up. I remember the middle schools having short lines to talk to the recruiters last time I went to one, so I guess since middle-schoolers seem to scare people off, that could be my in.

Trust me, I do understand the 'walk right in and ask for a job' thing. It's how I've gotten every job I've ever had. They make it difficult with the school districts though. It's very bureaucratic. And there's nepotism there too. When I was subbing still, a long term position I was subbing for was due to that teacher having been fired, and as such they were looking to replace him. I was their top pick and was gonna go harass the principle about it, but the football coach's daughter was a recent graduate (again, degree absolutely unrelated to history) and they gave her the position instead. Nepotism pisses me the fuck off.

Last edited:
Happy 31st birthday to me. :). Going to see Neurosis and Converge live tonight. I cheated and looked at the setlist Neurosis had been playing, and none of my favorites are on there. Glad I looked ahead of time and can get myself psyched for a different experience than I anticipated, tho. Probably would have been disappointed by the end of the night if I hadn't looked

^Happy birthday man!

I agree, it can suck when you expect to hear all your favorite tracks from an act, and instead they play, well, everything but, hahahah. That happened for me last time I saw Animal Collective. Was really a different experience entirely from the time I saw them in Missouri about 4 years ago.

I digress. My point is I can empathize with wanting to be prepared for a different experience from the bands you love. I hope you have a fantastic time! :)

Last edited:
To my 'friends' I'm the least successful one. Which has led to my self-ostracization from various social groups, as I feel 'out classed' so to speak. I came from a six-figure income family and now I'm at the poverty line, so people think I must be some junkie scum or a buffoon because my father while being wealthy, is similarly anti-social like I, and cannot pull any strings to pull me up into the middle class. It's all on me to do it, but yet no matter how hard I bust my ass, I can't get my foot into any doors. I don't even enjoy using any drugs any more because I've come to realize they're just a band-aid for my greater desires and perceived failures. I've come to realize that wealth is not correlated with intellect, but rather with something more akin to NWO-type conspiracies, more along the lines of nepotism. The only wealthy people I know from my age group are wealthy via nepotism. It angers me and I want to lash out, but to do so would bring only momentary pleasure and could land me in a worse place.

I'm just frustrated I guess. I can't just walk into a business and say, "Hey, I'm very intelligent, I would like a high paying job please!" My abilities are worthless because I have no one to back me up. No work experience to prove myself. The teaching positions I've been applying for constantly ask for coworker referral letters, which I cannot get because, having never been a teacher aside from day to day subbing, I don't have anyone to vouch for my abilities.

Sorry I don't have anything more enlightening to say for now, but... I can relate to this so hard. :\ Keep your spirits up... if there's a will there's a way. :)

Sorry I don't have anything more enlightening to say for now, but... I can relate to this so hard. :\ Keep your spirits up... if there's a will there's a way. :)
I appreciate the empathy none the less. Sometimes I feel so alone in life and it's nice to know that other people can relate to my issues.

Been dabbing on the near daily basis last week or two. It is therapeutic, but it can also be overpowering, and I can find myself a little tuned out after it hits, more than I would prefer anyway. That and drinking a couple times a week. It feels a bit pedestrian, not to sound elitist, but the vibe doesn't compare to the depths of my favorite dissociatives and psychedelics.

In my experience, sometimes you've been deep enough that you don't need to keep going deeper very often.

Happy 31st birthday to me. :). Going to see Neurosis and Converge live tonight. I cheated and looked at the setlist Neurosis had been playing, and none of my favorites are on there. Glad I looked ahead of time and can get myself psyched for a different experience than I anticipated, tho. Probably would have been disappointed by the end of the night if I hadn't looked

Happy birthday dude. :) I hope your show is/was awesome!

I haven't had a psych/disso any time in the past few months. Might trip lightly next weekend, or test out my new 2f-ket, but I guess that'll be dependent. I didn't expect adulthood to demand so much of our time... and we still have to set up the internet after moving in :sus:

My job is indicating that I may be losing hours soon (right after signing a twelve month lease, yay!) so I may have some extra time to hunt for a second job or even better, a real full-timer.

The soon to be Mrs. Gravy has been supportive of me despite my being a shit bread winner. I'm glad that love does indeed exist <3

Last edited:
Man I did a good amount of O-PCE last night, starting with 10 or so mg + 5-10mg 4-ho-met plugged, then snorting 3-7mg 20-30 minutes later, and snortingmaybe 10-15mg a fwe hours later. I reached absolute peak experience, the flangiest of the flanges, high frequency twining to the tees, an exorbitantly insane level of psychedelia. Has anyone ever listened to Godspeed! You Black Emperor on dissos? It's a match made in heaven. I had Milkdrop 2.2 visualizer going on the big TV as well with the housewide speakers blasting and boy did the universal threads intertwine. Everything being everything. Thoughts controlling the visuals, the visuals representing the mood perfectly, I don't think I've been that high in years. O-PCE goes down in the books as a gem, with 4-ho-met at least (thanks MSK for the idea). I would be continuing the journey today but there is a certain lady who may be gracing my presence instead. Alcohol instead of O-PCE, not ideal, but totally doable given the total lack of intimacy for the past seven months and overwhelming desire to copulate.

I got 3 wasp stings a little bit ago, I was trying to pull kudzu out of my plants and apparently I disrupted a nest. 2 of them got my finger (the left index finger) and one got my left elbow. Now I can't bend my finger at all and to extend my elbow all the way hurts, so I'm carrying my arm around like it's in a sling. Fuck, I hope the swelling goes down soon. It creeps me out to have finger problems, I need them for so much...

Happy belated, pharmy! Hope you had, are having, and continue to have, a series of great days.

Feeling pretty okay today. Got some fire weed, a new episode of R&M is downloading, and my lil' care package has arrived at long last in the US.

@Spiritnova: I found dissos + 2Cs to be outrageously visual and just a lot of fun in general. Time went backwards for a while. T'was a good trip. I never found MXE or DXM to produce intense OEVs on their own, but I also never pushed the dosage that far.

edit: I may have taken some acid too on that trip? Not quite sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Has anyone ever listened to Godspeed! You Black Emperor on dissos? It's a match made in heaven.

Man, that's true, I always put the "Lift your skinny fists..." album when I drop a disso to wind off the intensity at the tail end of a trip and it's been heavenly each time. So textured and dynamic. Some of the most psychedelic music.

On my last K-Hole I listened to Burzum. A different, much darker experience, but so awesome nonetheless. Black Metal is pretty psychedelic also, in my opinion, but in its own different way.

@Dissos and OEV, I've never had much opened eyed visuals at all on any disso, more like visual distortions more akin to optical impairment haha. But the CEV are just something else. Not even visuals, straight travelling to another dimensions.

I quit my shit job and ended up getting hired on at a small business. I never thought I'd be baking for a living but it's the sweetest job I've ever had. My boss and his wife run the place and they're constantly looking out for us. I haven't worked at a place that treats people decently in almost 5 years now, I have no issue waking up at 4am every day for this job. :)

That's awesome man. :) It helps your quality of life so much to have a job that you don't hate and where they treat you well. I have that too and I'm really thankful for it.

Haha yeah, it's a pretty plant, but it's invasive and incredibly troublesome, it basically covers everything else including trees and drags them to the ground and all that's left is a thick carpet of kudzu. It can grow up to a foot every day, from each of its vine tips.

Yeah I know, I sometimes eat the fresh tip shoots. I have kudzu in my yard so I have to pull a bunch of it out weekly, and it definitely isn't sprayed. I also like making a tea form the leaves, it's tasty and energizing, and the leaves are also good for grilling, wrap some stuff in them like stuffed grape leaves. The leaves are grape leaf-like, but even larger. The honey that bees make from the flowers is delicious, and you can also make jelly from them somehow, I've had it before. Also the root starch is used in Japanese traditional medicine. Years ago I read about a guy who was starting an organization to reclaim lost farms (farms that kudzu entirely took over that were abandoned, of which there are many) and turn them into kudzu farms... apparently he did one and it became more profitable than whatever kind of farm it was before, but I haven't heard anything else about that.

Holy shit I think I almost became lucid in a dream!

I remember laying on my couch face down. Then I felt like I was falling, I tried yelling and nothing. Then finally I started vibrating and I was able to sit up.

Just was like "woah" *reaches for bong*

On my last K-Hole I listened to Burzum. A different, much darker experience, but so awesome nonetheless. Black Metal is pretty psychedelic also, in my opinion, but in its own different way.

Favorite Burzum album? Mine's gotta be Hvis Lysett Tar Oss. So dark, mournful, intense especially Det Som Engang Var.

I've had some interesting times with Paysage d'Hiver... And Blut aus Nord! Holy dissonance batman! :D

Sometimes bm just sounds totally empty and tinny when I'm tripping though. I played some awesome metal during my last trip, Eternal Champion from Texas. Its pretty traditional but has a vaguely black metal feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.