• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Damn right, buddy! I saw them live; 5th row seats... psilocybin roarin' through my system. Stewart Copeland was staring at me while he played. It was incredible. At Purdue University.

I actually hosted the 2nd busiest website dedicated to the band back in the day.

That would have been Nov 3rd, 2001 at Elliott Hall of Music. A sound engineer I met recorded the show and I have a double-CD recording (amazing fidelity) of the entire show. If I find it, I will upload it.

Awesome. I love Primus (even though they suck) and it's a pleasure to meet such a huge fan, and esteemed webmaster of Oysterhead.

Right now I am enjoying some wine, about to watch Saturday Night Live. Good vibes to everyone!

Last night I went out drinking on the island with some friends and my girlfriend, and it was a grand ol' time save for one thing: one of my old friends gets very belligerent when he gets drunk, so I was constantly trying to keep people from getting in fights with him, telling them "Sorry, my friend is just really drunk, don't listen to him," and the like. My other friend and I had to plead with the bouncers not to kick him out.

He ended up creeping out my girlfriend and hitting on her/harassing her a bunch at some point and I'm very pissed at him now. This is not the first time I've had a 'friend' start hitting on my girlfriend when hammered, and I'm getting quite sick of it (although admittedly it's indicative of her being quite the catch!). She says she won't be going out drinking with my friends again if said belligerent friend is present, and that really sucks... I'm gonna have to have a chat with him about his drinking, it always gets him into trouble and at this point he's on the verge of losing his best friend (me) if he doesn't chill the eff out about it. I don't take kindly to other guys hitting on my woman, especially if they know me. It's like a slap in the face.

/rant

With friends like that...

This shit sucks. Its why I don't drink. I've yet to meet a person who doesn't become a partial dick when drunk. Plus its fucking boring imo.

Sounds good apart from that... :)

So, I went in early May, and I must say, there were a ton of really great wildflowers I saw in Yosemite. I still can't get pics from my phone to here, and I didn't take any of anything that would impress anyone like Big D (Dondante) would. Most of all, I saw a few of these, and lemme say, I didn't know such flowers existed! See the snow plant.

Also, there were lots of trees and waterfalls and stuff. I ventured out of the safety grounds of Yosemite Falls, climbed up a fallen tree and over rocks and whatnot to get to a place where I was so close to the falls that a cold wind was bringing rain horizontally upon me, that really got my blood pumping, it was so amazing.

Hey NKB, glad to hear you enjoyed Yosemite. I was just on the east side of the Sierra this past weekend. Starting to get into climbing. :)

Not my photo, but the the Eastern Sierra is really gorgeous country. Photo credit: Ted Gore.

974c5331bae12986d0417f147a56ceb1

NKB, nice! It's so good to get out in nature isn't it? I want to see Yosemite bad, I haven't made it out there, though I've been to some great places out west now (Grand Canyon, Zion, various desert formations such as garden of the gods, the old growth redwoods, mount Shasta and also mount Lassin).

God damn that picture is phenomenal! I was about to complement you on your extraordinary photography skills, until I realized you didn't take the picture. Then I decided I would compliment you anyway because your own photos are always amazing too. :) Hope you're doing well man, we should catch up sometime.

^I've hiked at the Mount Lassin park ,did a 25 mile backpacking trip there. Some of the views there are simply breathtaking, the alternating colors of volcanic rock and red soil and all just blew me away. It was about 8 years ago when I did it, but it's still so vivid in my mind.

I love Northern California :) I went backpacking in the Trinity Alps last summer and it was equally breathtaking and awe inspiring. Backpacking trips are some of the only times when I can truly let go of worry and doubt and anxiety and, well just about anything, and just take in the view and the smells and the sounds and know that for some higher reason, we exist... and it is truly amazing. Nothing quite compares to it, not even the best of my acid trips has ever brought me close to the serenity I have found out in nature, far from the influences of society.

Wow...just got news one of old best friends from high school just passed away. Totally fucked!:(

^I've hiked at the Mount Lassin park ,did a 25 mile backpacking trip there. Some of the views there are simply breathtaking, the alternating colors of volcanic rock and red soil and all just blew me away. It was about 8 years ago when I did it, but it's still so vivid in my mind.

I love Northern California :) I went backpacking in the Trinity Alps last summer and it was equally breathtaking and awe inspiring. Backpacking trips are some of the only times when I can truly let go of worry and doubt and anxiety and, well just about anything, and just take in the view and the smells and the sounds and know that for some higher reason, we exist... and it is truly amazing. Nothing quite compares to it, not even the best of my acid trips has ever brought me close to the serenity I have found out in nature, far from the influences of society.

Yeah I also feel the most at peace and centered when I go backpacking. Camping too, but backpacking takes it to the next level. Something about being in nature with only your immediate survival needs to take care of... it puts me back into the natural rhythms of life, and what's actually crucial and important.

Wow...just got news one of old best friends from high school just passed away. Totally fucked!:(

Oh man, I'm sorry dude. :( <3

Pales in comparison to help's loss, but my girlfriend dumped me today. I don't think she would even be capable of fully articulating why. Have not gotten a straight answer out of her. I'm simultaneously devastated and relieved tho. She needed so much attention to maintain happiness. Apparently a cancer patient just doesn't have enough energy to keep up for her.

Damn man, I'm sorry. :( I'm glad you see some good in it though. That sounds pretty bogus.

she's another female with major anger issues. i know the pattern and i thought maybe i could figure out how to be with a woman like that this time around. nope.

we were together for almost exactly 4 months, basically the entire duration of my cancer treatment. started dating two weeks before i had my testicle removed, and she dumped me here now a week and a half after my last dose of chemo.

what the fuck.

Anger issues suck. I'm never going there again... abusive behavior is almost certain.

I'm sorry to hear that man, that's the worst... a couple years ago one of my good high school friends died in a car accident when driving home one break from college. It seems so random and unreasonable... That's just how life is sometimes. I feel for you :(

Pales in comparison to help's loss, but my girlfriend dumped me today. I don't think she would even be capable of fully articulating why. Have not gotten a straight answer out of her. I'm simultaneously devastated and relieved tho. She needed so much attention to maintain happiness. Apparently a cancer patient just doesn't have enough energy to keep up for her.

That is so fucked up man. I'm glad you can see some silver lining in it, it's just... damn dude. Keep your chin up <3

Last edited:
It's the heartbreak hotel down in here today. Sorry to hear about that guys, I don't know what is worse, being dumped because of a sore ballsack (That's a low blow in my opinion, if she is that insensitive and or vain maybe you will be better without her moving forward) or finding out an old friend just passed. It's a test of will to live on these days, and an opportunity to gain perspective on our short time in this plane.

Last edited:
Ambient black metal:

Ah man, so sorry to hear that :( Hope your okay....

tnw said:
Pales in comparison to help's loss, but my girlfriend dumped me today.

Shit. That sucks man. Bad timing; but perhaps for the best? If she is an angry sort, you may be better of without her. Again, hope you are okay in general...<3

Dark news today I guess. For me, I'm relatively okay, have a had a sober week, declogged the old brain, feeling much better. Day off work, listening to music and smoking weed.

Thanks guys. It's just crazy. He was so young, only 25. I feel bad about multiple things I shouldn't but it's just one of those things that's hard to avoid. I always just assumed I would see him again. Stupidly thinking foolishly. Now I'll never see him again... I also feel bad because the last few years of my life have been fucked. I should've died multiple times and truly don't know why I still exist. I can't say for sure how his life was but I doubt it was that depraved. Now he's gone so quickly and so unexpectedly... I feel like its just unfair in general but for that reason too. If I could go and he could stay, I wouldn't even hesitate to think about it... It's so nuts to think he's just gone...I hung out with more than almost anyone. We started smoking together, tripping together, all that shit... Man oh man!:(:( I've just been pouring some GHB with a heavy hand for the past couple of days.

So sorry to hear that TNW! <3 Like Swil hypothesized, maybe it's for the best! Your leaving behind your baggage with your cancers!;)

Last edited:
I had the very confusing experience of my best friend asking me to kiss him last night (we were both plastered) and for some reason I acquiesced. I can't say it disgusted me or anything, and thinking back on it, I'm not ashamed or anything. It was just kinda odd and outa the blue.

Anyways, alcohol does strange things to people. Last night was a big blur of stupid shit hahah. Told myself I'd stay relatively sober and here I am nursing a killer hang over!

Stay weird my friends 8(

240s go easy on the booze and partying man. alcohol can fuck everything up and sometimes turn you gay. I know you are young but getting plastered usually leads nowhere good. try to limit the alcohol to a few if you can.

help sorry about your loss man. pretty heavy. experiencing some loss myself. sucks.

TNW sounds like you are better off without her.

stay well everybody. enjoy memorial day weekend. the best holiday weekend besides labor day.

been digging this jam a lot.

Jammin that is some hella sick mandelbulbing fractal exploration, and Beats Antique never goes wrong.

I'm been jammin to the new Birds of Paradise album 'Riding the Froth' Sub Tropical Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.