• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent decades cooking myself in the sun. Now one of my oldest friends is dying of metastatic melanoma and I'm terrified of going to a dermatologist, even though I know I should.🌞
The sun only causes cancer if the skin damage isn't reversed by red+IR light, which the sun has a lot of. In general, cancer rates go down with sun exposure, actually.

The sun only causes cancer if the skin damage isn't reversed by red+IR light, which the sun has a lot of. In general, cancer rates go down with sun exposure, actually.
citation needed ;)

the cancer forming property of uv light is that it is ionizing radiation (stripping electrons away from atoms) which makes things more reactive thus leading to damage to dna. I cannot come up with a mechanism how longer wavelenght light should fix that?

I mean getting exposure without burning yourself gets your pigmentation going, so that will help, but if you keep getting burnt, the damage is done.

citation needed ;)

the cancer forming property of uv light is that it is ionizing radiation (stripping electrons away from atoms) which makes things more reactive thus leading to damage to dna. I cannot come up with a mechanism how longer wavelenght light should fix that?

I mean getting exposure without burning yourself gets your pigmentation going, so that will help, but if you keep getting burnt, the damage is done.

So...kind of excellent news?

I dunno, maybe there is scientific evidence I don't know about.. kinda doubt it though

Probably not....I'm just going to keep to eating as much of my salads as possible and drinking mineral water and hoping for the best then. ;)

My girlfriend told me she loved me for the first time last night, it was beautiful. Im gonna do the right thing and be faithful to this woman their is something magikal about her. Im head over heels for her and waking up and holding her in my arms is about the best thing ever. She wants me to tone it down with the drugs and start tripping like once a month or so and not binge heavy, this is understandable. She knows the entire truth about my past now and accepts me, that felt like weights been lifted off my shoulders.

I dunno, maybe there is scientific evidence I don't know about.. kinda doubt it though

Probably not....I'm just going to keep to eating as much of my salads as possible and drinking mineral water and hoping for the best then. ;)
There are studies showing this. I'm trying to find them, and kicking myself for still not starting my study reference sheet yet...

Oh man my buddy gave me an Avalanches album many years ago, Since I Left You, it's so good but I lost it. For some reason I've never tried to put it on Youtube. :rolleyes:

I also have their album Since I Left You if you want a digital copy, Xorkoth :)

Never heard of them before now but i love it @psy997, gonna listen to this album when i trip/roll on the aMT later in the week for sure. It sounds si beautiful I'm listening to that first track right now. Will have to explore their other albums as well, thank you for posting this :)

I find out about so much good music from this thread. 😄

just ordered waking up from sam harris hopefully it lives up to the reviews
I just realised I don't think I've read that but I do enjoy reading Sam Harris. The Moral Landscape for me was the most actually eye opening although if I'm honest I already kinda thought in a similar way which I knew from listening to him on podcasts and such. But obviously he elucidates the idea of a kind of objective morality in a really clear way, as he does with almost any concept he discusses.

Never heard of them before now but i love it @psy997, gonna listen to this album when i trip/roll on the aMT later in the week for sure. It sounds si beautiful I'm listening to that first track right now. Will have to explore their other albums as well, thank you for posting this :)

I haven't listened to anything else for the past week. The entire album is so good!

I love that minimalist, glitchy stuff. I've been listening to a lot of Autechre lately.🎼
Autechre is awesome, I'm a big fan too. Have you ever checked out Acreil? I think I've blagged about him on here before. Pretty obscure and unknown but he makes some very interesting music, I think it appeals to people who can appreciate Autechre.

Status
Not open for further replies.