Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PD Index reformatted - feedback please!

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey PD, we recently modified the PD Index (the link for it is on the top of the forum, at the very top, Psychedelic Drugs Index. The original version is now the second post in the thread, and the new version is the first one. The main difference is that the lists of links to threads have been put in NSFW expandable regions, so they're only visible if you click. Now only the group headings are visible at first... we were trying to make it more user-friendly and easy to find what you're looking for. If you wouldn't mind, we'd appreciate some feedback on the changes, and the Index itself. It's intended on being the go-to spot for finding relevant mega-threads on a given subject, whether it is a specific drug or a concept for discussion such as first-time tripper advice, or dealing with bad trips.

Thanks!

Personally I think it's more user friendly to not have the sections tucked away into the NSFW thingies. It's really easy just to scroll through the page, more of a hassle to click the nsfw to find what you're looking for IMHO. I can see why you did it, it's a long page. Applause for doing the housekeeping and updating the page!

The "Latest changes (May 26th 2013):" section should be updated too.

The index is a great resource.

An A-Z index by topic might make it easier for people to easily see what they are looking for. What if we could maybe switch to that view?

I mean, "some people" don't even know what a lotta those top-level categories are... :D

b2645c9a50814ca3987286404ebdd7ca.jpg

Last edited:
I can get along with only making those misc links at the bottom (the not-drug-specific ones) nsfw if many people feel that way, but idk about alphabetical. If you really don't know where to look at all you should use the text search function of your browser. We can emphasize that (it is already an instruction/tip at the top of the index, but perhaps some of those instructions should be big and bold while others should be smaller (you can't have them all big, lol)..
But hey even for A-Z if there is enough gusto we'll make it..

Last edited:
As a more general feedback I would like to say that the expandable regions are not expandable on my iPhone (using safari). The buttons are there but triggering them has no effect.

I guess this is not specific to this section but still an inconvenient bug :)

Sweet ideas Mr Peabody, but remember this is a forum and even things like the index are still just a post, it follows the rules of a post and has the limitations of a post. I'd like toggling or drop-down menu's but that would require an admin to really expand the possibilities of this vBulletin board, which by the way I have really no idea about what realistic possibilities there are that don't require a master programmer to modify the software, cause they really don't have time for that stuff and as you might imagine that would require some serious precautions so as not to ruin the forum if mistakes are made.

There are more bugs with mobile use, nevertheless that is indeed inconvenient. Would you say having to scroll that much on mobile ruins the functionality of the index, or is it a minor thing IYO (lol never said iyo before and I don't know why)?

master programmer to modify the software...

Might be dead easy. I've been in software engineering for many years. Glad to look into it for you. All I need are developer, application and version.

peabody_and_sherman.jpg

Last edited: