• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PCP withdrawal - itching and twitching

Well to me it sounds like it could normally be from the fact that it lingers so long in your body, but not a year. Other than that it may have changed your brain chemistry and another way to look at it is that you may be suffering from depersonalisation / derealisation, induced by the dissociative use. May wanna check symptoms of those conditions.

I've suffered pretty hard from ketamine and later MXE abuse, both really fucked with me and for a while destroyed my ability to plan or orient myself in space and time, things like that. It got better for me. I also got better from benzo dependency but that took more than a year to recover from. The brain has great self healing powers but it is important to start taking better care of yourself. That worked quite well in my case and I'm pretty happy that I am not perma fubar'ed.

Rofl

I was actually in the process of replying, when I realized that you're shitting us lol. So high right now. 120mg MXE + 2mg 2C-E IV, godfuckingdamnit did the 2ce dominate this.

omg im confused lol how did i fall for this? which forum am i in?
GIFF MEE OL YOUR FR(GSD!!!!!

Well to me it sounds like it could normally be from the fact that it lingers so long in your body, but not a year. Other than that it may have changed your brain chemistry and another way to look at it is that you may be suffering from depersonalisation / derealisation, induced by the dissociative use. May wanna check symptoms of those conditions.

I've suffered pretty hard from ketamine and later MXE abuse, both really fucked with me and for a while destroyed my ability to plan or orient myself in space and time, things like that. It got better for me. I also got better from benzo dependency but that took more than a year to recover from. The brain has great self healing powers but it is important to start taking better care of yourself. That worked quite well in my case and I'm pretty happy that I am not perma fubar'ed.

Yea it has definitely changed brain chemistry in one way or another. I am so stupid, I recovered from the symptoms originally described in this thread then I encountered some problems in life about a month later that caused me to go batshit crazy at it for 40 days straight untill I finally overdosed (or my nervous system couldn't take any more) which caused these long lasting problems. How much MXE and ketamine did you use and how long did it take for you to recover normal neurological function if you don't mind me asking?

Rofl

I was actually in the process of replying, when I realized that you're shitting us lol. So high right now. 120mg MXE + 2mg 2C-E IV, godfuckingdamnit did the 2ce dominate this.

I wouldn't believe it either so I don't blame you. To be honest I can't even understand wtf has happened myself. The whole year is just gone like I wrote this thread yesterday and the dissociation is still strong. Have fun, fly high, just remember to land with your feet firm on the ground before you try to take off again :)

Look man, I'm not trying to stir things up here, but you could have your blood checked for antibodies against NMDA receptors. While this is an extremely rare thing to happen, it does happen. I have never heard of it being mediated by NMDA antagonist as a type of allergic reaction whatsoever, but our immune system and it's variety is too complex to exclude the possibility.

Other than that, I'm clueless. If it is anything like what you are describing and you are not psychotic (you seem perfectly coherent and well-articulated), neither are you on the effects of the drug since your motor skills seem unaffected, any neurologist who has a name in the world of clinical research should be all over you. :D I would actually try to email some personally.

I can assure you that what you are experiencing are not the direct effects of the drug. I have had extensive experience with PCP and it's just a kick-ass dissociative, nothing more and nothing less. You don't get flashbacks or stay high for the rest of your life, these are fairy tales that only work in theory. Have your blood checked for it in case you don't believe me. People here will not be able to help you beyond comforting you psychologically (which is important, don't get me wrong).

I sincerely hope you manage get better, but I'm afraid you will need professional assistance beyond what the gp or neurologist around the corner can provide for you. Has anyone tried attributing this to any well-known psychiatric illnesses or has there been a history of psychosis in either you or any family members?

Last edited:
Excuse the double post, but I think it might be a good idea if Toz gets a notification in this case:

I've slept over this and really think you should see another neurologist to exclude autoimmunological or neoplastic processes. Nothing more I am qualified or permitted to tell you, but this is most definitely NOT the pcp and you don't seem psychotic to me either, but then again I cannot see you. If you or family members had a history of psychosis your psychological status should be assessed first since it is the most plausible explanation. However immune reactions to structures in the brain often develope relatively slowly due to the BBB blocking antibodies from entering. I can only stress that this is highly unlikely from a statistical point of view, so other possible explanations should be excluded first, but it also can be very grave if it happens to be caused by either of said processes. I wouldn't be worries in any way, but I wouldn't just let it go either.

Look man, I'm not trying to stir things up here, but you could have your blood checked for antibodies against NMDA receptors. While this is an extremely rare thing to happen, it does happen. I have never heard of it being mediated by NMDA antagonist as a type of allergic reaction whatsoever, but our immune system and it's variety is too complex to exclude the possibility.

Other than that, I'm clueless. If it is anything like what you are describing and you are not psychotic (you seem perfectly coherent and well-articulated), neither are you on the effects of the drug since your motor skills seem unaffected, any neurologist who has a name in the world of clinical research should be all over you. :D I would actually try to email some personally.

I can assure you that what you are experiencing are not the direct effects of the drug. I have had extensive experience with PCP and it's just a kick-ass dissociative, nothing more and nothing less. You don't get flashbacks or stay high for the rest of your life, these are fairy tales that only work in theory. Have your blood checked for it in case you don't believe me. People here will not be able to help you beyond comforting you psychologically (which is important, don't get me wrong).

I sincerely hope you manage get better, but I'm afraid you will need professional assistance beyond what the gp or neurologist around the corner can provide for you. Has anyone tried attributing this to any well-known psychiatric illnesses or has there been a history of psychosis in either you or any family members?

I don't think I have that weird NMDAR eating disease, I should be getting worse if I had. I do get better, it's just that it's been a year and if it's going to go on at this pace I could be dissociated for like 2 more years if I ever recover completely. I also know it can't be the effects of the drug. I have suffered long lasting dissocaiation up to a month before but this is extreme.

I do not believe in flashbacks. I do however believe it has changed my brain chemistry and rerouted information from NMDA receptors somewhere else causing semi-permanent dissociation resembling the actual effects of the drug. After all, I get the same thing from pregabalin, that's why it works for me for nerve pain. I get prolonged effect waaaaay beyond the actual effects of the drug. Appearently I should stay far away from all glutamate antagonists. Maybe the extremely long recovery has something to do with pregabalin blocking excitatory synapse formation but I feel like I may be talking out of my ass here.

Once or twice a day I will prefer to sit/lay down for an hour or two because the dissociation gets too annoying. It still also carries the physical symptoms like distorted bodily image/dissocivision/total numbness and I hear weird clicking noises all the time. I feel quite dissociated at times but I do not feel psychotic. Most of the time I just feel extremely dizzy with total numbness or a feeling that the clothes are moving around my body.

It's just a bit unnerving that I haven't recovered. I would have loved for someone to chime in and say they had experienced similiar problems and recovered but I think I'm the only one here lol though I appreciate the input anyway.

I guess I settle in for the long haul and wait for my appointment with the shrink next year to see if he has any answers.

Damn typing this required effort and took almost an hour.

Last edited:
I hope you're right and you're getting better, man. This is very unusual, so nobody will have any easy solutions except letting time work it's magic.

<3

So, this comedown took about 540 days. I still don't feel normal but at least I got a body again. Fucking stuck in the void forever was driving me insane and I was almost about to off myself. Be careful messing around with these drugs. I personally wouldn't have believed this to be possible if I hadn't experienced it myself.

Now I still need months of recovery from the dizzyness and lethargy. I just wanted to conclude this.

Thanks for the update, a very interesting case indeed. Are you still taking the pregabalin? I wish I knew more about it because there is an interesting crossover of effects between pregabalin and dissociatives. I've taken 450mg pregabalin a day for months at a time and then just stop for a few days using MXE instead and it basically nullifies all the WD symptoms of the Lyrica.

Thanks for giving your report some more credibility with this update. Truly a fascinating report.

The answer we are all waiting for though: Will you be smoking PCP again? :D

@vortech
This has been demonstrated for other substance classes as well, most notably monoaminergic stimulants and opioidergic drugs. As far as I know the mechanism by which this happens is not known. NMDA antagonists can do some interesting things, e.g. demethylate 5-Methylcytosine. As you probably know cytosine is 1 of the bases that make up the information stored in DNA and methylation of it is assumed to regulate gene transcription. This effect is also presumed to be responsible for NMDA antagonists ability to have people unlearn recently acquired fears. I'm pretty sure though some people here could tell you more about the tolerance reversal and withdrawl symptom attenuating phenomena, they have received some limited attention in pharmacological research conducted during recent years, but I'm not up-to-date on it.

Last edited:
Just wondering: would an anticonvulsant-type drug (benzos, lamotrigine, levetiracetam etc) be worth trying? They are supposed to be effective for HPPD and depersonalization, what you're experiencing sounds similar.

I strongly doubt it, but I suppose it could be worth a try. Keep in mind that fucking around with these substances poses a risk of it's own, albeit a small one. Derealizations are very familiar to me, additionally I have dissociated a few times before under stress and am also a big fan of dissociative drugs. The dissociative state itself is not attenuated by lamotrigine, I am using 300mg daily and it has happened before while I was on said anticonvulsant. That being said lamotrigine is FUCKING AMAZING!!

Hope you're feeling better. I smoked pcp for almost two decades and I have been clean for about two and a half years the itching has since subsided, don't remember exactly how long ago it stopped, but it's been awhile. But the twitching continues to this day not very often but on occasion usually when I'm idle. You should be ok a month's not that long.