View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PCP powder to liquid for dipping?

G

ghost town

If one has PCP in powder form, what is best way to covert to liquid to soak MJ, etc. for smoking?

If one has PCP in powder form, what is best way to covert to liquid to soak MJ, etc. for smoking?

i never bothered to do that if i wanted to smoke it i just sprinled it evenly upon tobacco or other plant material top it of with a little more plant and thats it.
but for what your asking you need a solvent that will dissolve freebase pcp (it has to be freebase to smoke it) make a solution soak plant material (don't ruin your weed) let it dry and smoke it. i have dissolved it for injecting with just water and powder vit c, i think that alcohol should do it

I hope that you have a milligram scale so that you know how much you're working with. They can be really quite cheap and we have an extensive thread on the topic: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=348436

If it smells like almonds you may not want to smoke it as it suggests there is PCC in it which creates the poisonous cyanide if you smoke it.

If freebase, it should be soluble in acetone, chloroform, ether, hexane, alcohol (ethanol) and a bit in methanol. Let the solvent evaporate completely before you go smoke it or it could be toxic or catch serious fire.
If you choose a solvent that is NOT chloroform or methanol and it won't dissolve, that means you have the (probably HCl) salt. You'd have to evaporate again or convert it to the freebase in situ.

thanks for both replies.
I have a powder, not sure if freebase. Do I understand correctly, if it dissolves in water it is freebase; if not, it is HCI salt and can't be smoked or converted directly to liquid?

In my opinion, acetone would be the best recommendation from Solipsis' list, since it's easy for everyone to get hold of, it evaporates quickly, and it's not overly dangerous as long as you use it in a well ventilated place and don't inhale the fumes - keep away from direct flames! Obviously.

What about isopropyl alcohol btw, That's not an option?

Ghosttown, if it's the HCl you have, you should be able to convert it to the freebase quite simply I think.

When you want to lay your PCP on herb, it's basically the same as when people make changa with DMT, so You can just follow this modus:

Weigh the amount of leaf you wish to enhance with DMT at the desired ratio. Using leaf that is chopped to the consistency which it will be smoked at makes life easier later on. Pictured is a mixture containing 4 grams of Calea leaf and 3.5 grams of Brugmansia Sanguinea flower. Weigh the amount of freebase DMT needed to enhance your leaf to the desired ratio. Thoroughly dissolve the freebase DMT (use about 40mL of solvent per gram of DMT) in one of the following: 100% Ethyl Alcohol, Acetone or Isopropyl Alcohol.
You want to use a dish with a width that will allow your leaf to sit between 5-10mm high. Add the leaf to the DMT saturated solvent and swirl it around so all the leaf is spread evenly on the bottom of your dish. If you need to, add a little more solvent so that the leaf is well covered. Place the dish somewhere where it will stay undisturbed for several days. It took about four days for the Acetone to completely evaporate and the leaf to dry in this example.
Once dry, the leaf can be weighed. It should be heavier by the amount of freebase DMT that it is enhanced with.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3539

thanks for both replies.
I have a powder, not sure if freebase. Do I understand correctly, if it dissolves in water it is freebase; if not, it is HCI salt and can't be smoked or converted directly to liquid?

No :) That's not what Sol said. If it dissolves in acetone it is freebase! If it doesn't, then it is the HCl salt and can't be smoked. Then you can either turn it into freebase to it can be smoked, or you can just eat or snort it. I'd recommend the latter because it's the simplest for you :)

In my opinion, acetone would be the best recommendation from Solipsis' list, since it's easy for everyone to get hold of, it evaporates quickly, and it's not overly dangerous as long as you use it in a well ventilated place and don't inhale the fumes - keep away from direct flames! Obviously.

Ghosttown, if it's the HCl you have, you should be able to convert it to the freebase quite simply I think.

When you want to lay your PCP on herb, it's basically the same as when people make changa with DMT, so You can just follow this modus:

Totaly offtopic, but changa doesn' typically contain brugmansia. "Traditionall" its caapi or MAOI and DMT mixed. I've not heard of this but I think it confused matters to refer to it as changa. I can't tell if the brug and calea is mentioned for ome kinfd of size comparitve thin.

Excuse the spelling, disso+benzo :D Can do the grin tho.

As methanol appears to only give limited solubility of fb PCP (it is rather polar), and ethanol is alright, it follows that isopropanol should be fine - better than ethanol for the freebase.

Acetone is nice and volatile, that is true ^ . It's not easily available anymore in my country though (the netherlands) because it can be used as a bomb making ingredient (peroxides) and there is a fair terrorist scare going on... it is available but has other stuff in it I think. Luckily I bought a jerrycan / jug of the pure stuff before the ban for extractions. I got it from a wholesale / professional distributor where I wandered in without business credentials, but people helped me by letting me use theirs lol.

No :) That's not what Sol said. If it dissolves in acetone it is freebase! If it doesn't, then it is the HCl salt and can't be smoked. Then you can either turn it into freebase to it can be smoked, or you can just eat or snort it. I'd recommend the latter because it's the simplest for you :)

Yeah, the freebase does not dissolve in water, only the salt does. Freebase turns into the salt if you add and dissolve an acid in the water.

The salt turns into freebase by using a method people use to make crack from cocaine but also it is applied to DMT or DPT type substances. It involves adding a base like sodium carbonate (soda) or sodium bicarbonate. You form the freebase so it won't dissolve in water anymore. It can be scooped off floating on top but it's easier to just let the water evaporate (start out with a very minimal amount of water that can dissolve your salt) so you can scrape and collect the freebase. Can be explained if it turns out you want to or need to do that.

I don't think it's impossible to smoke the salt, that is typically only true for unstable substances that can't take the heat without vaporizing (salts vaporize at quite higher temperatures typically). However, it tends to be less effective, more harsh (because it gets a lot hotter before vaporizing or degrading), and more lossy. It's really best not to do it unless you have a good reason (some drugs like 4-xx tryptamines may not be so easily converted to freebase without degrading).

Totaly offtopic, but changa doesn' typically contain brugmansia. "Traditionall" its caapi or MAOI and DMT mixed. I've not heard of this but I think it confused matters to refer to it as changa. I can't tell if the brug and calea is mentioned for ome kinfd of size comparitve thin.

Excuse the spelling, disso+benzo :D Can do the grin tho.

Changa is a pretty general name for many types of mixes that enhance a DMT experience, I think. "Enhanced leaf" etc. A mix of calea and brugmansia is apparently one of the many standard combinations, but it seems a bit random to me to add an oneirogen and deliriant! Swilow is right that it isn't the most common mix though, but whether or not it is even traditional I couldn't say. And who knows the many Amazonian nicknames for particular mixes. But yeah, a MAOI to potentiate the DMT makes the most sense and is well aimed at the DMT.
Adding other drugs that do nothing to the action of DMT directly but make you feel more otherworldly is a different story, it's not potentiating but combo'ing.

Last edited:
thanks for both replies.
PCP does NOT have to be freebase to smoke any more than methamphetamine does.
Wayab, did you freebase before sprinkling on tobacco? Pprobably not, yet it smoked just fine.
Back in the day we used to smoke the same PCP we'd inject using only tap water as a solvent so I'm sure it was a salt.
I do, however; agree with Wayab in that the easiest way to smoke it is to sprinkle a little pile on some herb and do it all in a single bong rip and hold that smoke. This way you don't lose precious drugs between tokes.
If you do decide to turn it into a freebase, unnecessarily, the do like Sol^ said and then stick it in the freezer and let it get alsmost frozen and then you can spear the blob(s) of oil with a toothpick or similar object. Remember that after you add your base product to the salt heat it some to decrease the viscosity of the oil and swirl the water to make a little whirlpool and then stick it in the freezer. Swirling will make an easier job of spearing the blobs...sounds like I've done this before, huh?

Last edited:
Changa should be DMT and MAOi. Its an Aussie invention, a bluelighter no less! Anything else is sparkling wine. I prefer champagne.

PCP does NOT have to be freebase to smoke any more than methamphetamine does.
Wayab, did you freebase before sprinkling on tobacco? Pprobably not, yet it smoked just fine.
Back in the day we used to smoke the same PCP we'd inject using only tap water as a solvent so I'm sure it was a salt.
I do, however; agree with Wayab in that the easiest way to smoke it is to sprinkle a little pile on some herb and do it all in a single bong rip and hold that smoke. This way you don't lose precious drugs between tokes.
If you do decide to turn it into a freebase, unnecessarily, the do like Sol^ said and then stick it in the freezer and let it get alsmost frozen and then you can spear the blob(s) of oil with a toothpick or similar object. Remember that after you add your base product to the salt heat it some to decrease the viscosity of the oil and swirl the water to make a little whirlpool and then stick it in the freezer. Swirling will make an easier job of spearing the blobs...sounds like I've done this before, huh?

i smoked the freebase. although some chemicals (idk about pcp but i believe you) are active smoked in salt form, smoking the freebase is always more effective. for some chemicals that are very potent like 5meodmt i dosent really matter that much. smoking 8-10mg hcl 5meodmt is like smoking 5-6mg of its frebase for me