Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PCP at a rave

MindMelted

Greenlighter
PCP at a Rave

So there's gonna be a big Excision show in DC that I'll be going to in a couple weeks, and of course I'm trying to party hard. I planned on staying sober for the first hour, and then using a combination of MDMA/MDA (my favorite) towards the end of the night so I don't come down during the good part of the show. I was also gonna use ketamine to try and get rid of any crashy feelings I might have after the rolling dies down. I've done a shitload of K and have a bit of a tolerance so I'm not concerned about being overwhelmed by the effects of mixing these drugs or anything like that.
But all this got me wondering why you don't really hear of anyone using PCP in a rave setting like K. They're both dissociatives, just with their own flavors. I've only tried PCP once a couple years ago. It was a Newport cigarette drenched in the shit and I smoked way too much of it way too fast and got way too fucked up. Basically felt like I was gonna slip into some sort of K-hole (lol P-hole) but I never did and ended up puking all over myself without realizing it. I remember at the time it reminded me of a really strong DXM trip or something.
Anyway, why don't people use PCP at raves? It lasts longer so you're not constantly having to dip into a bag, it seems to be less immobilizing than K, and damn if you're gonna use a drug that sometimes makes people act all wild, then why not get wild at a crazy show (not talking about face eating or shit like that)! I don't plan on actually getting PCP and mixing it with MDMA/MDA, that shit sounds really toxic. But I would like to hear from anyone that's had experience using PCP at a rave/music festival, or in combination with MDMA (or any other empathogens for that matter). Someone please lay my curiosity to rest.

Last edited:
Why don't people use PCP at raves?

At a guess, i'd say that rave and PCP cultures are vastly different from one another, and that the rise of rave culture coincided somewhat with the major scare campaigns that happened around pcp use, and put a huge stigma on that drug.

PCP doesnt symbolise "PLUR" to most people - I think that for a lot of people, the opposite is true.
I've never done PCP - i've never come across it in Australia - but i have used 3-meo-pcp, and found it really good for dancing and at gigs.
But having said that, i was very careful to take a safe dose (that i weighed myself) - and obviously it is not the same as PCP.
Dipped cigarettes sound pretty scary, because you have no idea how big the dose is.
Do people sell PCP in other forms, like powder or liquid?

Welcome to bluelight :)

Last edited:
Very true, that's a good point about it having a stigma and not being considered a "rave drug." But you'd think there'd be at least a few open minded people out there with the balls to try it in this sort of setting and post about it. I haven't seen anything like that online, which kinda surprises me.
That's interesting that you've tried 3-meo-pcp. I got sold some shit at a music festival last summer as "super potent K," which made me suspicious right off the bat but being an idiot I bought a gram of it anyway, figuring it must've been MXE or some other dissociative rc. They were these yellowish wet grainy crystals (almost the consistency of freebase DMT) that crushed down into a sniffable sort of paste. Really weird shit. After a couple small bumps I was totally rocked and had to lay in the grass for a while because my head was spinning. But once I found the sweet spot it was totally great, liked it alot more than regular K. It kinda felt like a mixture of Opana, some sort of dissociative, and maybe a tiny amount of acid or something...if you can imagine that lol. Worked well if you ate it too. Could've been anything really but I wonder if it was 3-meo. Felt similar to how I'd heard it described. But yeah I loved it for that festival, I had a blast.
That's partly what made me wonder if regular PCP could be used this way as well. Although where I'm from (as far as I know) the only PCP you'll really find is liquid that you've gotta dip shit in. I much prefer eating or snorting my drugs so smoking a cigarette dipped in a chemical that smells like burnt rubber and gasoline doesn't appeal to me.
And hey, that's awesome you're from Australia! I've got a lot of family on my dad's side that live in Melbourne. Can't wait until I have another chance to visit them.

Yeah, there are a few different novel dissociatives around on the research chemical market these days.
The stuff you got at the festival ("super potent k" - wow 8o) could've been anything.
Sounds like you had a good time though...

I really quite like 3-meo-pcp, especially for dancing and music events. There are a people on here that hold it in high regard - and some that don't seem to like it at all.
Different strokes for different folks, eh?

So you're from DC huh? I've spent a bit of time there - i have quite a bit of family in the states :)
Seems like North Eastern USA is one of the few regions where PCP has ever had much of a market (and continues to, seemingly?)
I'm from the West Coast of Australia, but am probably going to be living in Melbourne pretty soon.
Likewise, i'm looking forward til my next chance to visit my family in the States!

Never did PcP at a rave but if i was going to, Excision would be a DOPE artist to see while doing it. He just played by me in nyc this weekend!!! (Opted out to see GRiZ) Might get a bit intense yeah? I mean if youve only had one experience with pcp and it wasn't very good i would suggest not trying it again somewhere chaotic like that.

Also i noticed even stuff like K isnt really a "rave" drug anymore. I mean IT IS but you kind of can tell people look down on it a bit since its much more obvious when youre holed out. Like they said above i just think its a stigma thing. I keep editing this because its a good topic!

Ive tried pcp at an outlaw "rave" before and i guess its a bit different becaUse were illegally chillin in the woods w a shitty speaker system and everyone was kind of on everything. Shows like exicision i wouldnt even really call a rave so doing pcp in a setting like that would probably make you stand out like a sore thumb

Last edited:
spacejunk: I'm from northern Virginia, about an hour outside of DC. So close enough. I like going up there but the traffic's fucking awful lol. And yeah, even in my area PCP's not very common at all. It's around but you've gotta know where to look. I think most people see it as a "dirty & ghetto" drug, kinda like crack. Oh well.
voodooxlady: Hell yeah that's what I'm saying! If it needs to be done for science that's the show to do it at. I've also noticed a lot of people look down on K and its users. Not sure why. Maybe like you said, because you're so noticeably fucked up while on it lol.

spacejunk: I'm from northern Virginia, about an hour outside of DC. So close enough.
Ah yeah, cool. I just assumed you were a DC local when you mentioned that show.
I think that crack and PCP have similar stigmas attached to them, for historic, cultural and socio-economic reasons.
Both hit the mass media headlines around the time of Reagan's "war on drugs" propaganda campaign, i guess.

Ah yeah, cool. I just assumed you were a DC local when you mentioned that show.
I think that crack and PCP have similar stigmas attached to them, for historic, cultural and socio-economic reasons.
Both hit the mass media headlines around the time of Reagan's "war on drugs" propaganda campaign, i guess.

PCP has been well known about and publicized about since the late 60s and for sure in the early, mid, and late 70s here in the United States.

But I grew up in an area where it's common and has been used for decades. I never used it but a lot of people I grew up with did, and most people would just smoke it on herb. I never got into raves but I'm sure people at raves in the city where I live have used PCP as people used K. A guy I used to know loved PCP but he loved disassocative drugs like K and DXM in any dose from low to high.

Freebase coke was known about, and used since the 70s here, and I've heard that's basically crack but I have never used crack or base and never want to.

PCP actually does induce dangerous and bizarre reactions in some.

https://scholar.google.fr/scholar?hl=fr&q=phencyclidine+intoxication&btnG=&lr=

Part of the failure of "Just Say No" drug policies is people thinking every drug is harmless. Cannabis is enjoyable and low risk. Government programs stated cannabis was terribly dangerous. Government programs also stated PCP was dangerous. People mistakenly deduce if the government lied and cannabis was actually harmless then every drug the government described as harmful was equally harmless. PCP actually is potentially dangerous.

When I learned the fact scientist utilize PCP in inducing schizophrenia in research settings I decided I should avoid the drug. Later I looked though the articles in medical journals describing overdoses and realized I won't consume PCP in my life. Raves have a variety of psychoactives available. Perhaps people at raves had the same observation I had. The risks outweigh the benefits and other drugs are better.

Last edited:
When I learned the fact scientist utilize PCP in inducing schizophrenia in research settings I decided I should avoid the drug. Later I looked though the articles in medical journals describing overdoses and realized I won't consume PCP in my life. Raves have a variety of psychoactives available. Perhaps people at raves had the same observation I had. The risks outweigh the benefits and other drugs are better.

Those same scientists probably think that LSD is a psychotomimetic also, and that's clearly wrong. Not saying PCP is safe necessarily, but rather that assuming that a drugs use in mimicking psychosis is far from conclusive evidence that it actually induces those symptoms (albeit PCP was indeed pulled from market because of its unpredictable and adverse effects).

Those same scientists probably think that LSD is a psychotomimetic also, and that's clearly wrong. Not saying PCP is safe necessarily, but rather that assuming that a drugs use in mimicking psychosis is far from conclusive evidence that it actually induces those symptoms (albeit PCP was indeed pulled from market because of its unpredictable and adverse effects).
The LSD "psychotomimetic" theory is indeed false, but what i've read on the matter seems to indicate that PCP psychosis is pretty similar to schizophrenia, in terms of inducing mania, hypomania, delusional thinking and other symptoms associated with schizo affective disorders.

And yeah, i agree with TheBlackPirate's comment about the "just say no" campaign leading to a misconception that all drugs are harmless.
They're definitely not - especially PCP.

Like anything, however, harm can be minimised by taking precautions - such as dosing carefully and accurately.
Buying dipped cigarettes seems to be particularly risky, as there is not really any way to gauge or moderate your dose, and PCP (like 3-meo-pcp) is very potent.
Doses of less than 5mg are active - and doses above ~20mg are getting into risky territory.

^Yeah exactly. I mean if you stick some rats in a cage and they take LSD and realise their whole existence is part of some kind of elaborate lab experiment conducted by higher beings... Well that's enough to make anyone lose their mind isn't it? Either that, or they start wising up. At least they took the red pill. Onwards and upwards, rat friends.

That Excision show was wicked! I decided to skip the K and just split an eighth of mushrooms with this girl before we went in. I took around 250mg of MDxx after maybe an hour of being there. I was already tripping a bit when I dropped and they had this sort of synergy that made my roll feel extra crazy. Super intense melting body high. This was my first time trying the combo, would definitely recommend it. Wild show though, if I'd have been on PCP it probably would've been too much.

Last edited:
There's a documentary on Youtube from 1980 called "Angel Dust", it shows the PCP scene in LA in the late '70s, before all of the media-created hype about it being a scary ghetto cop-killer drug. (Not denying that it does cause violent reactions in some people, but all of the users shown here are couch-locked and barely able to speak or do anything)

PCP would be hard to dose at a rave, I get carried away with ketamine I couldn't imagine trying to dose something that much more potent

You could pre-dose, carrying it in tubes for some carefully planned dosages. Recommended with any chem, since you can't really get carried away that way.

Glad you gave us an update man.
Shrooms and MDMA sound like a far better combo than PCP at a rave.
Sounds like a fucking good time was had :)
I tend to think that if i had a steady supply of reliable psychedelics for events like this, i would never really be tempted to use riskier or less healthy drugs. Not that i have trouble finding acid or shrooms really anyway, but i live in a part of the world that is too warm and dry for any psilocybe mushrooms to grow. While they're not right for every situation, they are pretty damn versatile - and i always feel healthy and refreshed (and inspired to live a healthy lifestyle) after a shroom trip.

Street PCP sounds dirty and scary because lf the totally unknown dosage/purity etc.
Folk-devil horror stories aside, it is an intriguing substance (to me) - but i wouldn't want to use something like that in such a wild, loose atmosphere. If you were acting (particularly) crazy, it seems unlikely that anyone would even notice - which is kinda frightening, considering that most people would probably assume you had taken something comparatively benign, like the usual rave scene chems.
Anyway, glad to hear it went safely and well.