• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Yep... loving The Witcher 3 to pieces here. Graphics, storytelling, gameplay, voice acting, everything is incredible. TW3 is going to be the gold standard against which all other open-world fantasy RPGs are measured against for years to come now, I think.

Just picked up the Witcher 3 on steam graphics are amazing really liking this game so far.

Yep... loving The Witcher 3 to pieces here. Graphics, storytelling, gameplay, voice acting, everything is incredible. TW3 is going to be the gold standard against which all other open-world fantasy RPGs are measured against for years to come now, I think.

Can you guys post your processor and graphics cards (assuming you play on PC)? I'm right around the recommended specs so I'm not sure whether this will run well or not.

Can you guys post your processor and graphics cards (assuming you play on PC)? I'm right around the recommended specs so I'm not sure whether this will run well or not.

I'm playing on a Core i7 4790k, with 2 GTX 970s in SLI, @ 2560x1440 resolution. Witcher 3 seems like a well-optimized game, and still looks great if you dial back the graphics settings, so I think if you meet the recommended specs you'll be fine.

Sigh. If only I had a PC with even half those specs.
My best machine is probably a good tend years old with a few upgrades.
Some extra ram & the best graphics card that the power supply could handle.

Can't remember the specs offhand & don't have that computer setup at this point. Really need to do so but not looking forward to hauling everything out & hooking it all up, as well as ordering a long enough network cable to hook it up to the modem where I'm at. Might be better off just getting a wifi stick & setting up the router here but it's so old that the speed would likely be abysmal especially with the DSL here as that's all that's available. Sucks being at this location but hopefully that will change before to long, maybe I'll get my Disability & some back pay & be able to get a decent comp. As the games being referred to look/sound very entertaining. Almost seems like I'm better off just waiting till I can get back to a location with Cable, etc. but really wouldn't mind at least being able to organize some music on my better machine & to be able to run some halfway modern (5+ years old) games as opposed to this comp that bogs down running a browser & Foobar2000 at the same time. 8)

At least I can follow the discourse & hope for the future.

I'm playing on a Core i7 4790k, with 2 GTX 970s in SLI, @ 2560x1440 resolution. Witcher 3 seems like a well-optimized game, and still looks great if you dial back the graphics settings, so I think if you meet the recommended specs you'll be fine.

Hmm same processor but I'm still worried that my 2gb GTX 770 won't keep up, I think I'll wait and see for a while longer.

Meanwhile, Path of Exile about to release a new expansion, get on it if you like free games ;) Best ARPG on the market.

Last edited:
anyone tempted to buy new amd cards ?

rmqgAMg.jpg

been 3 years since i upgraded. pretty hype for new pc games from e3. might be time... pair it with http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/09/lg-4k-amd-freesync/ =)

New AMD can only output 4K at 30hz due to lack of HDMI 2.0 ports, so what good will 54 fps do?

New AMD can only output 4K at 30hz due to lack of HDMI 2.0 ports, so what good will 54 fps do?
i was researching monitors and read displayport(4k 60hz) has advantages over hdmi when it comes to gaming.

for me personally, im looking to take advantage of freesync so an hdmi 2.0 isn't needed.

Last edited:
anyone tempted to buy new amd cards ?

rmqgAMg.jpg

been 3 years since i upgraded. pretty hype for new pc games from e3. might be time... pair it with http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/09/lg-4k-amd-freesync/ =)

is that a waterblock on the reference card? i'm half-seriously contemplating buying it just to mine Litecoin on it for a few months until it subsidizes the cost of the card then use it in my main rig. would rather save my money for when the good DDR4 chipsets start coming out though.

lately i've been playing Europa Universalis IV, great RTS that makes Civ V look a bit amateur. Also bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on the Steam summer sale, don't know anything about it but I do enjoy atmospheric horror so it should be fun.

I've gotten really jaded with blockbuster games like Batman franchise and GTA, they just take up so much fucking space that it totally kills their value for me.

fury x comes with liquid cooling solution by cooler master. fury is fan cooled.

i don't know about mining cryptocurrency but you may be interested in the r9 nano. no price yet but it's supposed to be perform @ 85-90% of the fury x. if it drops for around $150 less sounds like an option i your case.

this will be the first steam summer sale that i won't buy a game o_O

I'm just about to get back into PC gaming after a two-year hiatus. I just need to replace my Power Supply.

Couple of titles at E3 interested me: Hitman, Dishonored 2, Fallout 4.

Been a massive fan of the Hitman franchise, but didn't bother with Absolution because it steered away from what made the game so great.. based on the trailer and what i've watched from developer interviews it looks like there aiming to go back to a grassroots approach refining the elements that made the franchise what it is.

Dishonored was a hidden gem for me and i thoroughly enjoyed it; so i will be keen to see the second installment.

Fallout 4 because im addicted to open world RPG games..

I don't know whats up with the new Doom, it looks like it could be fun for a whole 5 minutes.

Friend of mine recently set up a Killing Floor 2 server, so i think i'll be getting back into this once i re-build my rig.

Also bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on the Steam summer sale, don't know anything about it but I do enjoy atmospheric horror so it should be fun.

I watched the trailer for this when i was searching through for puzzle games, it looks interesting.. it reminds me of some old-school first-person puzzle games focused on atmosphere. I've also been steering away from blockbuster games.. there's a couple i wouldn't mind checking out like the above, but im finding that i prefer indy games a lot more these days..

dishonored was awesome. can't wait to play as emily in part 2, gonna be so dope.

new doom footage wasn't exciting at all, it does have multiplayer tho so that is a selling point for me.

i thought about making a thread for new deus ex: mankind divided, but figure i'll just say that is the most anticipated game for me of 2016 and why i most likely will build a new pc. from the demo it looks similar to human revolution which doesn't bother me, the next chapter of adam jensen.

Last edited:
new doom footage wasn't exciting at all, it does have multiplayer tho so that is a selling point for me.

Did you think it felt too slow for a multiplayer arena deathmatch? I was watching some footage of it earlier today and it feels like it's been slowed down to compensate for consoles.. In my opinion when it comes to arena styled deathmatch's it's the speed and reflex's that make it enjoyable. Q3A was a perfect example of this done right.. but then at that point in time there was no market for competitive console gaming.

Oh well.. it is what it is i suppose; maybe it will be different in the actual release and it was only slowed down to 'show off' game-play components.

I watched the trailer for this when i was searching through for puzzle games, it looks interesting.. it reminds me of some old-school first-person puzzle games focused on atmosphere. I've also been steering away from blockbuster games.. there's a couple i wouldn't mind checking out like the above, but im finding that i prefer indy games a lot more these days..

played a half hour of it last night. spent most of the time just gawking at the scenery. if i ever get a VR headset, this is definitely the game i'm gonna try it out on first. nothing happened yet but there was some occult stuff about summoning. some details are a bit overdone (e.g. mausoleums in a rustic mining town) and it's beautifully surreal to see European architecture juxtaposed on sleepy American wilderness. This game could be the definition of eerie

Did you think it felt too slow for a multiplayer arena deathmatch?

Oh well.. it is what it is i suppose; maybe it will be different in the actual release and it was only slowed down to 'show off' game-play components.
i didn't notice it being that slow, but that could just be how the trailer was cut. main concern is it just being a kind of tacked on feature and iD not really investing in the multiplayer. always a possibility of community mods and such, but that risks a divided player base. one thing i'd love for it to have but am almost sure it won't is glorious strafe jumping =/

here's a discussion on doom mplayer from arenafps

My brother just upgraded his entire PC so i salvaged some of his old parts and used some other's that were given to me.

CPU - i7 4790k 4.0ghz
RAM - 4gb DDR3 PC1066
MB - Gigabyte GA-P55
GFX - 768MB Geforce GTX 8800

The graphics card is WAY old, it's still the same one i'm using that i bought back in 2007. But it's stood the test of time well and i can still run games from a couple of years ago very well. I think i would struggle with anything Post-2013 however.

I could buy a better one, money isn't an issue for me at the moment but lately i'm more interested in independent games which are less graphic intensive so it's a non-issue for me.

My brother just upgraded his entire PC so i salvaged some of his old parts and used some other's that were given to me.

CPU - i7 4790k 4.0ghz
RAM - 4gb DDR3 PC1066
MB - Gigabyte GA-P55
GFX - 768MB Geforce GTX 8800

The graphics card is WAY old, it's still the same one i'm using that i bought back in 2007. But it's stood the test of time well and i can still run games from a couple of years ago very well. I think i would struggle with anything Post-2013 however.

I could buy a better one, money isn't an issue for me at the moment but lately i'm more interested in independent games which are less graphic intensive so it's a non-issue for me.

Y'all make me feel like a chump over here with my little ol' Mac Mini from liiiiiike 2011.

^ it's all good. console, especially this gen offers a more than satisfying gaming experience. i just prefer keyboard mouse for fps and mmorpgs. + keeping up with the latest tech, tho expensive =/

on the flip tho, look at just what happened with arkham knight, the pc port was so fucked they had to halt sales of it and retailers offered refunds. i'm kinda interested in it, from what i hear the actual game is fun just shit performance on pc =/

Last edited:
on the flip tho, look at just what happened with arkham knight, the pc port was so fucked they had to halt sales of it and retailers offered refunds.

This is the most disappointing part about the console market, i feel like PC gamer's are always getting second-hand quality products in the form of ports.

I think this is where Valve is stepping in with Steam Box which will run on SteamOS (Linux based Operating System) converging PC gaming with the console market. I have a feeling there aiming to create a universal platform and with the digital distribution of games through online networks like Steam, i think this will slowly become more likely. I'm super interested to see the direction this will take..

(I will always be a keyboard and mouse gamer though, for competitive FPS you can't beat the reaction times of KB/Mouse)

And then you also have the SteamVR that's been developed:

SteamVR_banner_770x250-770x250-1309021728.png

Last edited: