View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PAWS and dissociative use/non use

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
Does any one have any experience taking dissociative during the paws peroids or right after acute opioid withdrawal? When you feel permanently anxious cant sit at a disk and have no energy.

Like when I take mxe or pcp, it eliminates that feeling completely for the duration of the high. But I'm wondering if i'm just trading once dependency for another and when I ultimately stop the disso i will experience a withdrawal of sorts again.

I noticed that regular disso use then discontinuation while continuing to use opioids does not product any withdrawl. I have no experience using dissos regular and discontinuing WITHOUT being dependent on opioids. which should theoretically produce a withdrawal if it can substitute for opioids in some sort of way as in the situation im presenting of using dissocs during PAWS.

Last edited:
In my experience dissociatives (the right ones) are a great tool to help with PAWS and in some cases even completly wipe them out!

Generally speaking the dissociative compounds are not physically addicting, but do have the potential to make you (and anyone else) psychological addicted!

I would make a "withdrawal plan" with planned timeline, withdrawal tools (probably mostly drugs ;) and willpower!

I had most success when I used different drugs and switched them accordingly.

For example 2-3 days a week a benzodiazepine if needed, and the rest of the week(again, if needed) disso(s) of choice!

a heavy disso user I know tells me he has gotten withdrawals from them when ceasing them.

I'm not really sure why i ask this question when i know the answer.....if you're using a disso thats also and SRI and DRI regularly of course you will have a withdrawal from it when you stop....but when I was on opioids still and i stopped the disso I would get no withdrawal....the opioid seems to cover it up so maybe thats why i'm getting confused about this.