• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Passing out from smoking

JamesBeaver

Greenlighter
I have a few questions to start off with , does smoking weed lower your blood pressure & if it does , by how much? Do you know anybody who's passed out from smoking cannabis , like knocked out cold on the ground (5 sec) .. Just a couple months ago I was smoking with some brothers like usual & at the end of the night I passed out, completely unconscious .. I'm a very heavy smoker it would vary but I'd say about 12g a week & I have never had anything even remotely similar like this happen to me. I've seen it happen to a friend once but never to me . I hadn't smoked a crazy amount that night either , pretty normal night. The only difference is I had not ate very much that day , really only a pizza & this happened around 11:30. My first thought is that my blood pressure had dropped from smoking & I didn't eat very much causing me to pass out or I passed out because of dehydration because I didn't drink very much that day either .. Thoughts?

Yes it lowers your BP, at least initially.

Yes you can pass out from it. I have more than once.

If you already have low blood pressure, your health is run down, or you haven't eaten enough recently, smoking weed can feel exhausting.

i always get a bit lightheaded when i stand up from a crouch after toking but have only ever seen one person pass out in front of me. i wrote that off as her having way too much at once since she took a hit from a gbong that was mostly tobacco :S could be that it was mainly the dehydration

It has happened to me on occassion, I think it's the strain for some people. Some times an ounce I get does that to me. Another strain then causes muscle twitches, varies.

i've fainted once from sitting for too long then getting up too quickly. it does lower your BP so it's not uncommon for something like this to happen.