Assignment [Participants with Experience(s) with Psychedelic Substances Needed] a Psychedelic Vision x Artificial Neural Networks Study

naqkvay

Greenlighter
Greetings

My name is Carolin Lüübek and I am conducting this research in the Computer Science and Psychology Institutes of University of Tartu for my Bachelor's thesis, for which an ethical approval has not been enquired.

We invite everyone who has at least one experience with a classical psychedelic (such as LSD, DMT, mescaline, psilocybin, 2C-B - a complete list of serotonergic psychedelics can be found here) to participate in the study. Filling out the questionnaire takes about 20 minutes, no personally identifiable information (PII) is gathered. The survey will be open to receiving participants approximately until the end of May 2023.

You can find the survey here: https://forms.gle/eQ9VBbhCubJmbe9R6.

The research explores the capability of artificial neural networks to model psychedelic experiences. More precisely, we explore how well the inner activity of computer vision models captures the (closed- or open-eye) visuals experienced under the influence of classical psychedelic substances, and what it reveals about the mechanisms underlying psychedelic experiences themselves.

Thanks in advance! Every participant is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment or write to me ([email protected]) or my supervisor Jaan Aru ([email protected]), if you're interested to hear about the results as well.

Greetings

My name is Carolin Lüübek and I am conducting this research in the Computer Science and Psychology Institutes of University of Tartu for my Bachelor's thesis, for which an ethical approval has not been enquired.

We invite everyone who has at least one experience with a classical psychedelic (such as LSD, DMT, mescaline, psilocybin, 2C-B - a complete list of serotonergic psychedelics can be found here) to participate in the study. Filling out the questionnaire takes about 20 minutes, no personally identifiable information (PII) is gathered. The survey will be open to receiving participants approximately until the end of May 2023.

You can find the survey here: https://forms.gle/eQ9VBbhCubJmbe9R6.

The research explores the capability of artificial neural networks to model psychedelic experiences. More precisely, we explore how well the inner activity of computer vision models captures the (closed- or open-eye) visuals experienced under the influence of classical psychedelic substances, and what it reveals about the mechanisms underlying psychedelic experiences themselves.

Thanks in advance! Every participant is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment or write to me ([email protected]) or my supervisor Jaan Aru ([email protected]), if you're interested to hear about the results as well.
Welcome to BL and more specifically to DS!

I’d love if you could read these guidelines and include anything you’ve missed like the ethics approval. I’d also appreciate you writing down the end date for survey participants.

Thanks and any questions please PM myself or one of the other forum mods!

MsDiz