Recruiting [Participants wanted for UK Study] Patterns of substance use and opinions on access to substance use therapy in the UK’s LGBTQ+ community

nr28

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name is Nikki and I am research assistant at London South Bank University recruiting participants for a research study on substance use within the LGBTQ+ community in the UK.

The study aims to capture information about substance use within the LGBTQ+ community across the UK to better understand patterns of substance use and factors that may be associated with seeking help. This study aims to not just look at the community as a whole, but to also focus on potential differences in substance use and help seeking between those with different gender and sexual identities. This study has been approved by the School of Applied Sciences Ethics Committee.

The study will consist of a series of questions and questionnaires covering the following topics: sexual and gender identity, the use of the following addictive substances: alcohol, nicotine, cannabis, cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines, and heroin, mental well-being, and attitudes about seeking help. This should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

The study will be open from the 4th January 2024 until the end of April 2024. Participants must be over 18 years old, currently living in (but not needing to be born in) the UK, and identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community.

To take part in this study and/or share with others, please use the following link:

https://lsbupsychology.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_423RWNBfKb6lI1g

For any questions, please contact myself at [email protected] or the project leader at [email protected]