• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Parellel worlds

I once briefly had an experience in what might have been the sixth dimension. It was overwhelming and made me feel dizzy as the vibrations was so high. There was an almost painful feeling of holiness (which we're not used to now).

Out of curiosity, how did you know that it was the sixth dimension and not, say, the fifth or seventh? And by "high vibrations"- what does this mean?

I've been reading an interesting book written by an herbalist who's been in the profession for over 40 years. His greatest works come from researching old systems that were forgotten about as the western world moved into the material reductionist way of thinking.

Most of science and medicine before 500 years ago included a high imaginative or shall we say spiritual component to the medicine. For example, plants had physical virtues, as well as non-material ones. You can give someone a high dose of a plant and based on their emotional and mental reaction, you know what the plant treats in small doses. The non-material virtues had applications in altering one's mental or spirituality reality, and if used in magic, could alter the external as well. Even the most materialist philosophers of the Greeks and Romans would acknowledge that "apparently others say..." that such and such herb has these magical virtues, in their scientific works!

I mention this because, the western world has a really bad cultural habit of dismissing all that came before because it thinks the latest thing is the best. When western alchemy was invented, humorism got tossed out; when chemistry was invented, alchemy got tossed out. The systems that were dismissed completely had other powerful values but because they didn't conform to the latest fad epistemology, they were dismissed. Compare that to China, India, or the Arab world... what we would think of as material science continued to proliferate alongside so-called woo. They looked for modern ways to explain older things, but when they couldn't, they just kept the older value instead of pretending it didn't exist anymore. Astrology and astronomy were the same practice until separated by the enlightenment era; but in many cultures the two remain the same. Even in a field of knowledge like Chinese medicine (which I practice for a living), we can apply modern science to it now, but also rely on non-linear processes to apply it in real clinical practice, with success.

There is an overriding assumption that our way of viewing the universe is on a linear trajectory simply because we see more material results of our works. That is to say, what came before is inferior and primitive, while what we have now is cutting edge and the best possible understanding. As a result we have huge, huge projects like the Hadron Collider looking deeper and deeper into the microcosm, looking for more and more within the material, finding more particles, which yield yet more particles, going on ad infinitum. But we toss out things like the doctrine of signatures, the law of similars, the doctrine of correspondence, the connection between the micro and macro, holism, and all the values that pre-modern science brought us, and its discoveries which we still benefit from today, but under new philosophical ownership.

Modern science is less than 500 years old, in a diaspora of sciences that go back 3000 years or more (in terms of documentation). The irony is that things like theoretical mathematics and quantum mechanics are now journeying back in the borderline realm where the material meets the imagination, just like all former sciences did, and now we are supposed to accept their propositions as fact. And people do! They do it without realizing that they are also catering to the imagination. I've met many hard scientists over the years who think that theoretical mathematics and quantum theory are hogwash.

To me, we're not on a linear trajectory, it's totally cyclical. Civilization has gone through rebellion against the non-rational before coming to accept it again. That's because humans contain rational and non-rational aspects, material and non-material aspects. Our sciences always end up evolving to cater to both in the long-term. What we have now, where "imagination" is laughed at as a means of obtaining evidence, is actually the exception in human history, not the norm.

Out of curiosity, how did you know that it was the sixth dimension and not, say, the fifth or seventh? And by "high vibrations"- what does this mean?

That was just a guess. There was just an overwhelming purity and intensity in the vibrations that were unfamiliar and uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain how it felt, maybe like midnight at New Years eve when everything is going off around you at once. Intense stimulation, excitement, and awe.

Although there just seemed to be peaceful nature with a white glow to it and a few of my relations with me. I guess vibrations like that are too much coming straight from this world where they're so low. It's supposed to be a gradual ascent, not to be instantly thrown into it like that.

Too holy, when you're used to un-holiness. Or too pure divine vibrations when you're used to them so impure.

Last edited:
just as an anecdote - in the world i was born in, George Stephanopolis was Clinton's press secretary, but he was drummed out of the position because he was openly gay. i remember having conversations about it.