• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

paraplegia / paralysis and psychedelics

Yeah, my friend asked me to look into it for him and I couldn't find any theories anywhere. Found a couple of other people that experienced them on another forum, but no one had a clue why. My friend no longer takes psychedelics with other people because he finds the leg tremors to be embarrassing

This is the kind of advice I was seeking - first-hand reports from paralyzed users of LSD/etc. - not guesswork from a doctor.

I have some leg tremors/writhing when experiencing pain or stretching certain muscle groups. As I understand it, it's due to hyperreflexia in the body which is innervated by parts of the spinal cord below the injury site. The reflex arc is still present and functional, and there is nothing from the brain to inhibit it.

Presumably serotonergic psychedelics would make tremors/writhing more apparent by their activities as general sense-amplifiers, and also because the lower half of my body lacks any sort of inhibitory signals sent by the brain. I guess if I want to approach such drugs I should do so carefully...

No answers for you, but just wanna say lotsa love your way and hoping you can trip again safely.

That is what I was thinking. Been reading sekio posts for years and have that respect. I also learned there are so many people that post that have issues that we would never think.

But I agree, the second hand info people posted on people that they know that already have issues and tripped is valuable. I have to wonder why tremors? I scratch my head along wioth Bare_head on that. I am thinking that won't always be and depends on the person.

Follow up if you ever do anything sekio. We are here. I am here anytime.