• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Paranoia from crack even after quitting

PrincessCrizzack

Bluelighter
Does it ever stop?..
And how do I even know if I'm being paranoid or just extremely aware of certain things?
My worst fear is becoming schizophrenic even after quitting.
its like all that effort would be worth nothing.
I wasn't born with any type of mental illness where paranoia/delusions/hallucinations etc are a symptom.

yes, it stops.

how long have you been clean for? it took me like 6 months for the residual psychosis to disappear completely. visual stuff went fist, and then auditory.

well done on stopping! its a fucking bastard of a drug. stripped me of my humanity insanely quickly.

thank you.. its too expensive anyway. only like 3 weeks.. so it is normal for it to keep going for months after stopping?

How long were you on it? I don't hallucinate but I get delusions and then start worrying if what I think is reality or not in fear of seeming "crazy". -_- my first time starting was in 2018 and I never stopped for long since then..

It does stop but it takes awhile. I remember thinking I was just naturally paranoid until I was off for like 6-12mos then one day realized it was just the cocaine. That drug changes ones personality even in the off times.

-GC

i was using crack semi regularly for 6 years, only had a serious (i.e. daily) habit for 2 years. once i started smoking daily it went down very quick. smoked at least an 8th a day more usually a q. when i could get the money i was literally packing one pipe the second i'd finished the previous one.

i think about 4 weeks is when i started noticing a dramatic improvement so you're nearly there. it may be longer if you've been having these symptoms for so long but it will get better.

try to make sure you take care of your health, eat properly, sleep etc. i was given a lot of b vitamins in rehab to try and address some of the neurological damage i'd done so try and supplement those.

i was using crack semi regularly for 6 years, only had a serious (i.e. daily) habit for 2 years. once i started smoking daily it went down very quick. smoked at least an 8th a day more usually a q. when i could get the money i was literally packing one pipe the second i'd finished the previous one.

i think about 4 weeks is when i started noticing a dramatic improvement so you're nearly there. it may be longer if you've been having these symptoms for so long but it will get better.

try to make sure you take care of your health, eat properly, sleep etc. i was given a lot of b vitamins in rehab to try and address some of the neurological damage i'd done so try and supplement those.
Really chinup, was ur addiction so bad u were smoking back 2 back 2 back 2 back,?
Even at my worst I would smoke and enjoy the hit for a while 10-15 mins then I'd pack another huge hit and blast off into psychosis xd

Really chinup, was ur addiction so bad u were smoking back 2 back 2 back 2 back,?
Even at my worst I would smoke and enjoy the hit for a while 10-15 mins then I'd pack another huge hit and blast off into psychosis xd
i would be planning my next pipe while i was still smoking the current one.

i suspect that part of it is because you are in a location where your crack is good quality. over here we get shit bulked out with some crap they call 'magic' or cooked with way too much bicarb.

when i had actually decent crack i could probably go longer, but always 15 minutes would be the top end of how long i'd go between pipes.

@PrincessCrizzack they didn't do anything specific to diagnose neurological damage, but heavy cocaine use is known to have a significant impact on both the brain and nerves so i guess they just assumed i would have some damage. thankfully i didn't have any specific symptoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow...I only waited 5 minutes .-.

i suspect that part of it is because you are in a location where your crack is good quality. over here we get shit bulked out with some crap they call 'magic' or cooked with way too much bicarb.

when i had actually decent crack i could probably go longer, but always 15 minutes would be the top end of how long i'd go between pipes.

@PrincessCrizzack they didn't do anything specific to diagnose neurological damage, but heavy cocaine use is known to have a significant impact on both the brain and nerves so i guess they just assumed i would have some damage. thankfully i didn't have any specific symptoms.
what about short term memory loss... I have that... is it repairable?

what about short term memory loss... I have that... is it repairable?
unfortunately my memory hasn't really recovered.

its not like when i hadn't slept or eaten for days and couldn't remember 5 seconds ago, but in general my memory is awful.

the other thing that hasn't recovered is my kinda mental agility. i used to be able to solve formulas in my head before other people had the time to get their phones out to calculate them. and i got them right. i can barely do mental arithmetic at all now, its fucking painful.

i guess there is still time for things to improve but i'm getting older too so that won't be helping. i'm able to do a technically challenging job but comparing to how i used to be mentally makes me want to cry.

sorry i can't give you the hopeful answer i would have liked to, but i try not to bullshit or sugar coat. even with these mental setbacks, my life is so much better now, i don't regret recovery and i try not to dwell on the past.

Damn girl, gives me goosebumps just how nasty and god damn good Is that awful drug. Thank god it's fucking over. I ain't touching thst shit ever again.

@chinup btw yeah the coke is so bomb here that they don't sell cooked crack. I always cooked my rocks, ok I won't talk abt that shit anymore bcs I'm starting to gag and only bad memories come to my mind. Case closed xd

Does it ever stop?..
And how do I even know if I'm being paranoid or just extremely aware of certain things?
My worst fear is becoming schizophrenic even after quitting.
its like all that effort would be worth nothing.
I wasn't born with any type of mental illness where paranoia/delusions/hallucinations etc are a symptom.
Dw, I experienced severe depression and not paranoia but alot of desidia,anhedonia,etc for the first 3 months, the wds from cocaine are more psychological than anything so don't be worried. It will eventually go away, sooner thst ud expect. Just give your brain sometime to recover, it'd good thst you're exercising, eat healthy meals and try to stay occupied. Boredom leads to relapse. Anyway that's all I can say, cheers from your friendly Peruvian ex dope/crack addict.
Nico 😁💯
xx

You're a strong woman @chinup . Staying away from that crap it's so bloody fkinv hard but you're an intelligent girl and you are aware that u deserve better than that. Much of love,
Nico xx