• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paranoia and anxiety withdrawls

LJM94

Greenlighter
Im a month into going cold turkey from 2 years of smoking weed, with the last 8 months smoking none stop through out the day pretty much. I then went to Barcelona and took 2 pills of ecstasy which I think acted as triggered to all the effects im feeling now. What's weird and what ive never read before is 2 weeks into withdrawl I only went through physical changes, slow/fast heart rate, irritable sleeping I think this was more to do with the ecstasy comedown. The 3rd week, totally fine more or less had one bad outlet of anger so just one episode. Im into my 4th week where im now starting to get panic attacks under any stress, anxiety attacks over small things that would never bother me. The feeling is simply awful. Ive had about 4 panic attacks and 2 anxiety attacks. Im also expierencing paranoid thoughts or schizophrenic behaviour. By this I mean, I can have a discussion with my partner and all of a sudden I'll lose my shit, I'll bring things up in the argument where ive no idea what I'm saying just pulling random things out screaming at her for small things and then I'll go into a panic attack where I can't remember anything. Im getting obsessive thoughts all day constantly about what's wrong with me, what's my anxiety and will I ever get better my brain is quite literally working in overload. What I have read so far is this is my brain activity catching up with it working better since coming off a numbing agent such as weed. Is this my emotions catching up with my brain been numb from it all these months of chronic abuse? I can't seem to understand what is wrong with me but I have seeked drug help from my local council and they have set me up into some group meeting and relaxation therapy etc etc. What no one seems to answer is when will this end? Im yet to speak to anyone that understand my issues and have overcome them to reassure me I will get through this. Sometimes I think this is permenant and even that sends me into a depressive episode. It's now a month on and mentally im perhaps the worst ive ever been. Prior to smokig weed ive not gone through any trauma at all so this is not bringing up any underlying past issues this is simply a drug withdrawl but I never knew it could be this vigorous. Im still in touch with reality I think I'm not hallucinating or anything severe. The paranoia is driving me absolutely crazy it causes me to be an animal to the ones I love im convinced of what goes through my own mind and my anxiety and panic attacks can pretty much come from nothing. My head can sometimes feel extremely heavy and drowsy but I guess this just mean im really tired? Overworking I guess. Can someone please advise me on what I should perhaps do, or can share a similar experience to which they have pulled through? Im going through hell right now and I just want it to be over with :(

Thanks.

This is typical of cannabinoid withdrawal. Not so much with partial agonists like THC...but it's possible. It lasted in my with the full agonists for three months the first time and about 2 months the second two times during withdrawals and I had similar symptoms to you: anxiety, paranoia, anger and irritability on a moment's notice... It gets better...and once it does... You will start to see how awesome everything begins to feel, trust me. Everything is just amazing after cannabinoid withdrawals.

Everything is just amazing after cannabinoid withdrawals.

Quite frankly even after 5 months (for medical reasons once) things were still nothing other than a bucket of shit. It is possible that the withdrawal just continues on and on....especially if the reasons you were smoking were medical to begin with.

Tom

In all fairness, I never had any medical complications. This was just a recreation that turned into total abuse for 8 months.

Quite frankly even after 5 months (for medical reasons once) things were still nothing other than a bucket of shit. It is possible that the withdrawal just continues on and on....especially if the reasons you were smoking were medical to begin with.

Tom

Well my withdrawals were from full agonist cannabinoid abuse. I guess when my receptors recovered, my brain was in a recovered, refreshed, healthy state.