• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paranoia and anxiety (Parents)

That's the key right there. I was assuming the only window open in the house would be the "smoke vent." When that's the case, all that wind comes pouring through the fan in reverse. I remember countless times having to watch the leaves outside as I was holding in hits to make sure a strong gust wasn't about to blow the second I exhaled my hit into the backside of the fan. In all honesty, windy days have completely fucked over several Honeywell desktop fans of mine of the years, and a single Vornado-brand fan as well. Thankfully their cheap ones are still damn good and whisper quiet.

woah, the wind wrecked your fans? Eigther those are some really sensitive/weak fans or the wind was going alot faster than 15-20 MPH.
The one I linked in that picture has remained strong through some really windy days, definitly stronger than 20MPH, Im no expert but I would have to say that some of the storms last year could have easily hit between 40 and 60 at times. I can always tell when its really windy cause I can hear the fan blades slow down from time to time haha.
For anyone attempting to use this idea, I forgot to mention that it is crucial to keep the fan clean. My house gets really really dusty (Live in the basement floor and I have 3 cats + a dog. Blowing smoke into the fan doesnt help eigther :p) and I find that when the fan and/or window screen starts getting dust build up, the fan starts pushing air to the sides rather than forward.
So about once every 2 weeks I will pull it out and disassemble it, giving it a full scrub down

woah, the wind wrecked your fans? Eigther those are some really sensitive/weak fans or the wind was going alot faster than 15-20 MPH.
The one I linked in that picture has remained strong through some really windy days, definitly stronger than 20MPH, Im no expert but I would have to say that some of the storms last year could have easily hit between 40 and 60 at times. I can always tell when its really windy cause I can hear the fan blades slow down from time to time haha.
For anyone attempting to use this idea, I forgot to mention that it is crucial to keep the fan clean. My house gets really really dusty (Live in the basement floor and I have 3 cats + a dog. Blowing smoke into the fan doesnt help eigther :p) and I find that when the fan and/or window screen starts getting dust build up, the fan starts pushing air to the sides rather than forward.
So about once every 2 weeks I will pull it out and disassemble it, giving it a full scrub down

Wrecked? No, bad choice of words, I suppose. They still work, they're just loud as fuck now. Also.... $20 fans, lol.

But no, they work, they just develop this insane click/rattle-combination noise after several months of wintry weather. I always chalked it up to the wind trying to reverse the fan blades and the constant temperature changes that come with a fan sitting in an open window.

You and I use very different fans, by the way. This is the kind I use (not my picture, btw):

hqdefault.jpg

Tiny little fucker but it kicks out so much air it's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I'm just using it in a way that it's not meant for.

This is stupid. Weed does not cause schizophrenia. There are other drugs that are way more likely to make you permanently in a an "altered" state psychologically than weed. Being in a different psychological state than "normal" people isn't necessarily a bad thing anyways though so this whole "weed causes schizophrenia" is just propoganda in my opinion

So I take from this that even if OP's concerned about his mental health he should just chill because top expert LandsUnknown said it was stupid to be worried.

That about the gist of it? If so....

You're stupid. So stupid that I'm not even going to explain the foundation of your stupidity, I'm just going to call a spade a spade and walk on out that door....

Tiny little fucker but it kicks out so much air it's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I'm just using it in a way that it's not meant for.

Ah I see. They sure don't look like they push much(while still remaining quiet) but looks are decieving :p

My fan is alot louder than I would like it to be but there isnt much i can do about that. Most of the noise I think comes from the air battering the screen in the window anyways. :S
I've thought of using a few computer fans instead, but I don't really feel like going through the effort of wire splicing and finding a new method of blocking the rest of the area around the fans to make it airtight :p

This is stupid. Weed does not cause schizophrenia. There are other drugs that are way more likely to make you permanently in a an "altered" state psychologically than weed. Being in a different psychological state than "normal" people isn't necessarily a bad thing anyways though so this whole "weed causes schizophrenia" is just propoganda in my opinion

No, marijuana doesn't CAUSE schizophrenia but it is believed to kick-start it if it is already already laying dormant in your brain..

Ah I see. They sure don't look like they push much(while still remaining quiet) but looks are decieving :p

My fan is alot louder than I would like it to be but there isnt much i can do about that. Most of the noise I think comes from the air battering the screen in the window anyways. :S
I've thought of using a few computer fans instead, but I don't really feel like going through the effort of wire splicing and finding a new method of blocking the rest of the area around the fans to make it airtight :p

Man, it's hi-tech as fuck. Uses vortex technology or some shit. It's a rip-off of this other, identical-looking fan called the Vornado (portmanteau of 'Tornado' and 'Vortex') and God DAMN did that fan deserve it's name. This is what I read on the box and I was sold on it, man:

"Vornados signature Vortex Technology provides complete circulation of all the air in a room Designed, engineered, and assembled in USA Superior performance deep-pitched blades moves air up to 100 feet 3-speed easy to use control Whisper-quiet operation"

100 feet sounded like a whole lot to me for a tabletop fan. Turns out, it fucking was. 8o

Young Dude, there's a lot of research that suggests that people below the age of 21 (heck even 25) are at increased risk for mental health diseases, addiction, and that using cannabis is altering your neural development (don't take my word, do some googling on it).

Do yourself a favor and give it a pass until you're in you 20s, you'll also be keeping your parents from going nuts with worry.

Honestly, if I had never smoked weed a bunch when I was younger.

Probably wouldn't have moved on to recreational opiates, dope addiction, etc and would definitely have made much more progress in my life.

Everything was fine for years (good grades, etc) and was also fine my first and second year of college... then I just really started fucking up hard and ended up doing opiates all the time, getting addicted, etc.

Looking back, not worth it.
If I could go back in time I would definitely have done things differently.

So take whatever you want from that.

This rings very true for me as well. I also know that being told what to do won't help, and you need to make your own decisions.

Jilbut, I wasn't saying though that it couldn't cause mental health problems in the setting that the OP was in. To be honest, being high on a regular basis with a father who might call the cops on you and a mother contemplating/threatening suicide could potentially drive you crazy in some manner. However, chemically speaking, weed doesn't cause schizophrenia so much as it sort of evolves the brain chemistry of the user so if they are already prone to develop a mental illness such as schizophrenia it can bring out more "symptoms" and also in an environment you described it would have the potential of greatly amplifying the stress and anxiety that this environment to the point where it could truly become difficult handle.

My apologies for my previous post and misunderstanding of yours.

^
To be fair to both of you, Lands didn't make himself very clear, all he said was "this is stupid" Which is grounds enough to say that the post in itself is stupid. however, jib you did kinda overreact to it but good on you for apologizing.
:)

I'm personally continuing to check back on this to see if the OP has any updates on their situation >.>

Thanks for your concern , well I smoked again 3 times since last monday , but honestly assessing the situation I am going to hold off , I dont want to worsen derealization which was caused by shrooms. LandsUnkown was right , the environment I am in definately does not support the use of these drugs and it would be irresponsible for my mind and parents to keep this up. Its honestly so sad , I love weed so much and it never controlled my life , I just used it when I had time. But now I have to stop until college whcih is another year and a half. What makes it worse is all the groups I know at my school constantly smoke , thats all they do and there is no one to hang with.

It´s better if you take sometime now before you get into a ongoing bad tripping..