• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Paracetamol and potential liver damage?

Cuncefuct

Greenlighter
Hi there, this is my first thread and I'm very new to this site so please let me know if I've made any mistakes.

About a week ago I acquired 16 x paracetamol 500mg/codeine 30mg. I know a CWE would have been the most ideal method of consumption but I was very impulsive and not in a place to do so. I had drank a bottle of wine a few hours before taking 10 tablets and then after about 3 hours I finished the other 6, totalling in 8 grams of paracetamol (which I know is above a safe dose) and combined with alcohol was a very stupid idea.

I vomited twice the next day (once in the morning and once at night) but it's been almost a week and I haven't noticed any other symptoms aside from fatigue which may have already been there.

I'm 6'1 and 83kg and I was wondering if I've completely rooted my liver or is it possible it will recover? I know it's too late to receive acetylcysteine, but I would like to know what the potential damage could be.

Keep an eye out for symptoms of liver damage. Probably easiest to know when/if you drink again. In my experience people with liver damage get easily fucked up by alcohol.

If you don't have a history of abusing your body then you'll probably be OK. I think you'd know by now if you have done enough damage that it's concerning in terms of needing hospital admission.

The liver is surprisingly tough. Don't push your luck though and don't do something so dangerous again.

Hi there, this is my first thread and I'm very new to this site so please let me know if I've made any mistakes.

About a week ago I acquired 16 x paracetamol 500mg/codeine 30mg. I know a CWE would have been the most ideal method of consumption but I was very impulsive and not in a place to do so. I had drank a bottle of wine a few hours before taking 10 tablets and then after about 3 hours I finished the other 6, totalling in 8 grams of paracetamol (which I know is above a safe dose) and combined with alcohol was a very stupid idea.

I vomited twice the next day (once in the morning and once at night) but it's been almost a week and I haven't noticed any other symptoms aside from fatigue which may have already been there.

I'm 6'1 and 83kg and I was wondering if I've completely rooted my liver or is it possible it will recover? I know it's too late to receive acetylcysteine, but I would like to know what the potential damage could be.
Don't do that again.Always do cwe.Alc and paracetamol is very bad combo.You will be fine i hope so.Liver is made also for that-to metabolize the poisons in order to be excreted through kidneys.So liver has the ability to cure himself....vut not overloaded it.Care to your liver,cause it's only one.

Why not using a cold water extraction to separate the pcm from the codeine? It’s easy…

Heya :)

How old are you? Do you drink much or have you drunk much?

The liver is a very forgiving organ. I destroyed my pancreas with alcohol and have had a "fatty" liver, but last blood test showed it was in the normal range thank goodness.

Paracetamol is one thing I've always been wary of. It's ironic because we can't get codeine without a script anymore but can buy as much paracetamol as we like.

Anyway it's probably ok. A blood test will tell you where it's at.

Abbey x

8 grams of paracetamol is a very high dose and you may have done some damage, especially since you drank alcohol with it. Your absolute best bet is to go to your doctor and get a blood test to check your liver function as soon as possible. And please do not drink alcohol or take any more paracetamol until you've seen a doctor.

Heya :)

How old are you? Do you drink much or have you drunk much?

The liver is a very forgiving organ. I destroyed my pancreas with alcohol and have had a "fatty" liver, but last blood test showed it was in the normal range thank goodness.

Paracetamol is one thing I've always been wary of. It's ironic because we can't get codeine without a script anymore but can buy as much paracetamol as we like.

Anyway it's probably ok. A blood test will tell you where it's at.

Abbey x
Hey AbbeyLee!

I'm 22 years old and I do drink on the occasion, (definitely won't for a while though) nowhere near as much as I used to.

I've also had a few overdoses over the years both intentional and not. But my last liver function and kidney bloods came back all fine and I was in good physical health prior to this OD.

Have scheduled another blood test just to catch anything early if shit goes awry.

8 grams of paracetamol is a very high dose and you may have done some damage, especially since you drank alcohol with it. Your absolute best bet is to go to your doctor and get a blood test to check your liver function as soon as possible. And please do not drink alcohol or take any more paracetamol until you've seen a doctor.
Thanks very much. Have booked for a blood test and will let you know how it goes.

Why not using a cold water extraction to separate the pcm from the codeine? It’s easy…
In hindsight I definitely should have. I've done it before and it's easy as piss. I was particularly impulsive and wasn't anywhere near a kitchen I could use for some time. I understand what I did was very stupid and it won't happen again. Should have just waited until I could've done CWE.

Hey AbbeyLee!

I'm 22 years old and I do drink on the occasion, (definitely won't for a while though) nowhere near as much as I used to.

I've also had a few overdoses over the years both intentional and not. But my last liver function and kidney bloods came back all fine and I was in good physical health prior to this OD.

Have scheduled another blood test just to catch anything early if shit goes awry.

I'm 99% confident your liver is ok 😊

Hey AbbeyLee!

Good to know that normal liver enzyme in the test tells nothing about true condition of the liver.That can be detected only with fybroscan or byopsy.Before my treatment of hep.C my enzyme especially alat/asat were tree times above normal.After the treatment everything is ok....but fibroscan and byopsy show liver fibrosis and this condition is seldom reversible.The good new is that man can live almost normal life even with half liver.....but must be cautious-no alc,no fat fried food etc.

Good to know that normal liver enzyme in the test tells nothing about true condition of the liver.That can be detected only with fybroscan or byopsy.Before my treatment of hep.C my enzyme especially alat/asat were tree times above normal.After the treatment everything is ok....but fibroscan and byopsy show liver fibrosis and this condition is seldom reversible.The good new is that man can live almost normal life even with half liver.....but must be cautious-no alc,no fat fried food etc.
This is very true. I have a small patch of cirrhosis on my liver from years of alcohol and painkiller abuse, but my liver enzyme blood tests come back normal. It took an ultrasound to show the cirrhosis.

T
Thanks so much for this information. I will tell my doctor about what happened since he's pretty chill and knows me well, and go through any further tests deemed necessary.

Keep an eye out for symptoms of liver damage. Probably easiest to know when/if you drink again. In my experience people with liver damage get easily fucked up by alcohol.

If you don't have a history of abusing your body then you'll probably be OK. I think you'd know by now if you have done enough damage that it's concerning in terms of needing hospital admission.

The liver is surprisingly tough. Don't push your luck though and don't do something so dangerous again.
This ^^^^^ 100%