• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Papaver & 5htp

Queen Ginger

Greenlighter
I´m going to take opium rectally but I´m taking 150mg of 5htp and 10mg of melatonin daily for a year or more and I doubt if it can cause sirotonin syndrome with 5-Hydroxytryptophan; the hormone probably just increases the opium sensation, but I want to make sure.
I have read that if you are going to have surgery, you have to stop taking the 5htp two weeks before, will it be the same if I go to take the Papaver?

According drugs.com:

Drug Interactions between 5-HTP and tramadol​

This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:

• 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
  • tramadol

And tramadol is an opioid...

According drugs.com:

• tramadol

Tramadol is an atypical synthetic opioid. While it is an opioid, it's also an SNRI anti-depressant. An SNRI is a serotonin & norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, thus the interaction with 5htp. This quality is unique to tramadol and not opiates typically found in the poppy (opium).

There should be no negative interactions between 5htp and any of the naturally occurring opiates found in opium.

According drugs.com:

• tramadol

Tramadol has potentially dangerous interactions with MANY MANY drugs. It's not your typical opioid and has a very complex pharmacology.

The interaction between tramadol and 5-HTP doesn't stem from tramadol's activity as an opioid but through an unrelated mechanism (serotonergic activity). There are no serotonergic alkaloids within a poppy plant so there is no cause for concern.

Thank you all, I would like to take an antiemetic even while fasting, I have caffeinated dimenhydrinate; being antihistamine, does it interact with papaver? If not, could I still use dry extract of ginger in pill form (Mareozine)?

Antihistamines potentiate opioids but not dangerously so (generally). They can increase the sedative effects quite significantly, so much so that you might nod off unpredictability (after which problems can occur) so exercise moderation.