• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Panic attacks from alcohol?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what caused this? This is the second time I've had this WHILE drinking alcohol itself and not from withdrawals. The last time I drank was a month ago but I had a glass yesterday and felt okay. Suddenly, I got nervous that people were watching me and thought I was in some sort of simulation or something. Freaked the fuck out for a minute while my heart was pumping.

This is unusual I would have thought as alcohol prevents anxiety while intoxicated. I've never been nervous around people when drinking. I should note, I drank Coca Cola before this and maybe the caffeine contributed to this but I don't think so.

Alcohol fucks up my ability to read people and situations intuitively. I often will become somewhat paranoid and standoffish with strangers when drunk. Friends and family are a-ok tho. I generally try not to get loaded in public places because I start to perceive all the new people as potentially threatening or problem causing. Alcohol is an ancient territorial drug lol.