• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Panic attack or near death after injection?

jimmyonbluelight

Greenlighter
This is my first post here, I'm not sure if its in the right subforum so please don't delete it I really want an answer to this question.

So this has happened twice in the past 3 weeks after injecting heroin. I've been injecting for a few months now.

The first time I had this awful experience was with some new heroin I just got so I chalked it up to whatever cut was in there, but the second time was with heroin I've been using without incident for a week or so.

I did everything as I normally do, I filtered the shot, registered in a vein and injected. Then instantly my heart rate went through the roof, I felt like I was going to die. I could still breathe fine and from what I read when you die from heroin its from not breathing so I thought it was a heart attack. It scared me so much I took a sharpie and wrote "Heroin" on my hand and drove myself to the hospital parking lot and waited, if I started to feel worse I was going to get out of the car and hopefully someone would see me if I passed out. Eventually the feeling subsided after about 2 hours. I chalked it up to whatever the H was cut with and went on with my life.

A couple of weeks later I've been injecting this other stuff thats been decent and consistent, until today I i injected it and had the same feeling as the last "incident" instantly upon injecting I thought I killed myself. Heart rate was through the roof and I just felt amped,my thoughts were all discombobulated, and my anxiety was awful. I walked outside and sat in the cold air for a while until things calmed down and now I just feel drowsy.

So does anyone know why this is happening sometimes? Am I injecting into the wrong veins? The only thing I can think of is I'm i injecting into a blood vessel or artery I'm supposed to be avoiding. I usually use the vein along the inside of my forearm. Or the big one on my bicep. Can injecting into the wrong vein cause these symptoms? And I am prone to panic attacks but these attacks are way more intense than my normal ones which are rare and hardly even happen anymore.

There was probably some kind of garbage in your heroin. I don't know where you're from but it would probably matter in terms of what you're getting and what it's likely adulterated with. Could be anything from weird RC analogs to particulate plant matter or a noxious cut. Don't shoot shitty gear.

It could be a natural reaction in your body that the drug brings out occasionally. Maybe get a complete physical and see if everything is okay with your heart. Also, someone about treating your panic attacks so you can describe this.