• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Panic attack on Oxy???? wtf?

It could also be, and pardon me if this is bad advice, but it could be because your dose is slightly to low.

Maybe try 7.5mg?

I remember the first few times I tried adderall (I know complete opposite from opiates lol) but 15mg would just kinda get me feeling depressed and angry without any other effects. 30mg on the other hand the first time I tried that much had me feeling great, completely different from the lower dose of 15mg.

I think this is because at 5mg you might be getting like threshold effects but because they are almost unnoticeable but still kinda their they are agitating you?

Just a thought.

Just my opinion, but it could have been because you psyched yourself out before taking the drug.I suffer from anxiety too. I remember the first time i took a xanax of all things, my HR and RR dropped abit and found it hard to breathe which caused me to freak out. Which is the exact opposite the drug is intended to do. Opioids actually drop your RR and cause respiratory depression even in the smalles doses depending on how often you use them. Opioids should really give you a nice calming euphoric experience. I have experience palpitations from opioids before though, in higher doses that is. But if you reassure yourself that the drug is doing what it is meant to do, you'll get past that mental block and let you enjoy the greatness the drug has to offer :) just lay back and enjoy brotha.

Anxiety is a real bitch eh. Its funny I was using Benzos for years then slowly with each different type the same thing as you describe started happening to me to. I guess im very mentally unstable.

I too have anxiety problems, I am an opiate taker, high doses and tolerance. Anxiety has been off the chain last year or so, but I know its not from opiate use. I also have tried different meds and benzos work well but tend to get incapacitated too often, my fault cause I always medicate the way I want to if u get my drift. I have very disturbing dreams and nightmares and rarely sleep because of that reason. I wake up screaming, crying, shaking and can last for days from one dream. most all dreams related to past tragedies and have experienced a lot of death (retired military). But, last night a caught part of Dr. Phil, no I never watch or do I like him, however he was dealing with a young lady with almost exact anxiety symptoms that I have. She has been thru hell for last 5-10 yrs with dreams/nightmares, trying meds and thought she was going crazy. Turns out she went to her Dr. as Phil requested to have a complete physical, blood work, psyhc analysis etc...turns out she had a simple hormonal imbalance which is fairly common. Anyway, a simple hormone med of some sort was prescribed and she said she was a different person in like a couple of days. 5-10 yrs suffering because of one diagnosis that was never checked for. Maybe tell your doc, if you haven't already, have them do a complete work up and who knows? I had blood work done a few months ago before I saw this and my doc says all normal. I can't keep taking the xanax or my wife will lv me. But seriously, it's the only thing that has allowed me anything close to a good nights sleep. Good Luck

last night a caught part of Dr. Phil, no I never watch or do I like him, however he was dealing with a young lady with almost exact anxiety symptoms that I have. She has been thru hell for last 5-10 yrs with dreams/nightmares, trying meds and thought she was going crazy. Turns out she went to her Dr. as Phil requested to have a complete physical, blood work, psyhc analysis etc...turns out she had a simple hormonal imbalance which is fairly common.
This is true, various hormonal imbalances can cause or greatly worsen anxiety. But long-term use of opioids can definitely affect your hormones and also cause rebound anxiety (usually the anxiety is worst when you are not taking the opioid or it's been a while since your last dose).

^ Agreed, interdose withdrawal can be nasty with instant release opioids.

Also, low testosterone from long-term opioid usage can make anxiety and social confidence horrible, along with tons of other things. Low T levels are the main downside to responsibly using opioids daily, imo.

Low T, reminds me of some commercial.

Definitely one of my pressing concerns being a male CPP.

"CPP? Low Tee? Don't worry!

Now with Magnesium and Zinc before your opioid dosages, and with a bit of exercise, you can reduce Testosterone depletion from your CPP today!

What are you waiting for? This is a limited time offer!"

Disclaimer: Mg and Zn are not guaranteed, please check your T levels regularly while on CPP to ensure normal T levels. Mg and Zn may kill the shit out of you.

LOL :)

What is a "CPP" anyway? Chronic Pain Patient?
When you said low testosterone was a concern as a male CPP for a second I thought maybe "CPP" was code for gigolo or something ;)
CPP could also be Chinese Postman Problem, Central Precocious Puberty, Counter Promenade Position, Communist Party of Pakistan...

Wait is there any truth to that? Although I doubt it, I take both Mg and Zn so I'm hoping you have some source or maybe I got my hopes up and should have hinted on suspected sarcasm.

CPP= chronic pain patient, lol SD you're funny.

Hahah Swimmingdancer, goddamn Chinese Postman depleting my Testosterone! ;)

LOL no Tricomb, I'm just being silly. They are two totally safe minerals that increase T levels when taken before exercising, and also help produce more HGH and T during sleep. They also help with tolerance prevention and reducing neurotoxicity through NMDA antagonism, but you know that already. :)

Ah, damn! So I believe the question is, how can one increase (or prevent decrease of) their testosterone levels without drastic measures?

Other than what I mentioned, decrease opiate usage and replace those opiates with synthetic opioids, like buprenorphine, that are known for not as negatively affecting testosterone as much as poppy-based opiates. However, the synthetic opioid, Methadone, really screws with your testosterone, although that could be the high dose MMT patients are on.

DO NOT GET ON TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY!!! That's just my opinion, this is of course unless your T levels are at rockbottom levels and you're at risk for an impending heart attack, and are OK with being on TRT the rest of your life.

One can also stop getting high/trying to nod occasionally, as even occasional high doses of opioids lower testosterone.

All chronic pain patients should get their Testosterone levels checked every 6 months, a year at the very, very most.

Last edited:
That's good, since even occasional abuse of medications for recreational purposes makes them less effective therapeutically. Basically, if you chase the nod once in a while, expect your opiates to not treat pain as well as they should in the future.

You know all of this, I'm just typing it more as public knowledge. :)

Funny thing, the first time i took xanax last year i had a panic attack on it lmao
Its funny because how do you have a panic attack on a benzo?

Ususally caused strong anxiety the day after a higher dosage at night. Especially upon waking the next morning, it caused me to have extremely realistic dreams that would jar me out of bed in the morning and I would have to begin backtracking to determine their legitimacy. It's also weird that I've been prescribed these for well over a year but it has only started within the past couple of months.