• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Panic attack, high anxiety periods and depressive thoughts due to cannabis oil?

voyagex

Greenlighter
Here is a specific problem and any advice is much appreciated.

My good friend tried few times cannabis oil two months ago out of curiosity (she wasn't sick or anything but she was curious). At one time it seems that dosage was higher since she started to shake after taking. Effect lasted for few hours. Some time later she applied oil few times on her hand (she had small wound - nothing serious).

Some time after that, suddenly, she started to experience surprising panic attack. She would start to shake without reason. Panic attacks and anxiety feelings started to appear from time to time. Also she has lots of depressive (sometimes even destructive) thoughts and she is starting to think that it will never end and that it will never be like it was. She also has big fear that she will start to hear voices and now even small sounds will produce fear effect.

One day it gets better and then again loop repeats. Of course, I am doing the best I can with good advices and positivity etc.

It is interesting that this is the first time that I heard for such effects. But now I know lot more. It seems that one portion of people will react like that.

Any advice and experience that anyone can give will be much appreciated. Did you experienced anything similar and do you know anyone with that problem? What would be your advices and approaches? How long this can last? Any natural supplements that she could take? How did ended at your side? What would you recommend in this situation?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance from the bottom of my heart.

Worried friend with hope

Last edited:
I quit smoking bud for about 2 years, I recently smoked again, and the first 2 grams of dispensary grade cannabis made me have panic attacks, and full blown 45 minute trips. I actually enjoyed it, but I had two trips that were a bit scary. after the first 2 grams, I started enjoying bud more, and bad tripping less. Tolerance goes up REALLY fast.

I think it would have been possible that I would have had a Heart attack if I did Oil or Dabs the first two or 3 times I smoked. I only smoke Jays/Blunts.

Some people find cannabis relaxing for others it induces paranoia and panic , I would lay off it or take a benzo before u take it if u must , if your depressed u should stay away from both just my experience