• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Panic attack/anxiety/psychosis When using Heroin

evvvvvv

Bluelighter
I have used H for a few years. Sometimes when I use (IV - the only way ive ever used) I experience something freaky, the only thing I can relate it to is when I was very very young and delirious. Everything goes very fast and I get a super uneasy feeling and its honestly like a fucking nightmare. It happens the odd time when I use, and I know its nothing to do with dirty dope or something, because its happened with a few different batches. But today it seemed to have went extreme. I really didnt know what to do. Everything speeds up and I cant explain, I just get the most uneasy feeling. it's so terrible.

Does anyone know what this is? is it psychosis? I really dont think its anxiety, because its too extreme. it seems beyond anxiety.

What are you individual symptoms? If it's a panic attack you would be feeling extreme anxiety, thinking you're going to die or go insane, you would have a really fast heartbeat, get pins and needles, vision distortion, sweat a lot. I used to get them, and they are really extreme, basically if you are convinced that you are going to die for no reason, that is a panic attack.

i get the same feeling sometimes, usually when i get too high on stimulants/psychedelics. I first noticed the feeling in dreams, things would speed up so fast and i'd lose control and have trouble keeping up which made me extremely anxious. Somehow it spread into my waking life but i think it's anxiety, not sure why you get it with heroin maybe being overwhelmed or something in the experience gives you anxiety, or could be something entirely different. Anxiety manifests itself in all sorts of different ways.

I had something sort of similar happen to this while I was on heroin, but it usually happened deep into my high when I was nodding off. I'd be passing out, and then I'd basically have some kind of real weird visual or audio hallucination that would freak me out and I'd jolt right up. At some point this stopped happening thank god

The only time I have ever had something happen remotely close to that is when I was fucked up nodding on dope and I smoked some fuckin synthetic fake weed called Head Trip and like it put me into this dream state..when I came to I like JUMPED up thikning I was gonna OD and shit and started doing jumping jacks. Then I sat down again and woke up the next morning lol.. I've smoked that shit a lot of times.. and yeah it can get you too high but this was something else.. I was like in this weird dream/trippy state almost like sleep paralysis.

As RobotRipping said, anxiety can manifest itself in all sorts of ways. While using Heroin usually (i'm assuming) mellows you out, I would not be surprised if you are unconsciously, or consciously, upset or depressed about your using, especially if you are addicted. This would explain why you sometimes experience terrible anxiety when you are high. It's your nervous systems way of bringing these problems to your attention.

Of course that is mere speculation on my part, it could be a number of things. In any case, I hope you can remedy whatever is troubling you soon!

Agree with the above posters - sounds exactly like a panic attack. Symptoms such as the 'speeding up' feeling you're getting are known as derealisation in the psychological field and are typically experienced during panic attacks.

Panic attacks. They suck. I get them from time to time. If I smoke pot there is basically a 95% chance I will get a panic attack. I have never had those effects from heroin though. I get extremely relaxed and happy when I shoot heroin.

I also agree with the above posters, sounds like a panic attack. I get them from smoking weed as well. But has anyone ever experienced psychosis while using heroin? I'm a relatively new user to it and I was surprised to have auditory hallucinations. This has happened to me in the past when using cocaine and I do have a bit of a history with drug induced psychosis but I'm surprised it has happened with H.

When it is late and I am tired and I am part nodding sometimes I start thinking of like being with someone and passing them something and I lift my arm to pass them something to remember I'm in my room alone in a nod. It's the strangest effect.... Like a waking dream

Never happened to me, I have EXTREME anxiety (sorry for the all caps, but it's warranted.) I used black tar, hq from Tucson, IV. Never had that happen. I'd think if anyone would have a reaction like this it'd be me, esp., b/c I used alone a lot.

Where, roughly are you? Could it be caffeine cut? It could be in every batch and only trigger you in certain situations. Or another cut with similar effects. Has this happened from two completely kinda of dope (ecp & bth), or from distant dealers? Or just with one dealer?

Hope this resolves, I hated my high interrupted!

I didn't read the comments albeit I believe it's anxiety with a possible guilt/shame element attached to it..You've been a user for years so I'm sure you've had one hell of a life.

Maybe it's cut with diphenhydramine. Dysphoria and delirium are symptoms of a high dose of diphenhydramine.