Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Painful Vasoconstriction from LSD and 2cb

CanadaDank

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters!

So my friends elephant has experimented with all types of hallucinogens over the two decades. He really enjoys them but has been noticing a VERY troublesome side effect from LSD and 2cb specifically. When using those two specific drugs, he finds he gets very intense cramping in his inner thighs along with extreme shrinkage of his penis/balls. If that isn't bad enough, when he tries to get an erection (LSD and 2cb make for good sex) he gets EXTREME stabbing pain in his penis. Like literally some of the worst pain in his life. This is really discouraging for him because he REALLY enjoys those substances. Based on his research, he thinks the problem has something to do with vasoconstriction.
Can anyone on here relate and more importantly, can anyone explain why this is happening? My friends elephant thinks if he knows why this is happening, he can possibly do something to help fix the situation. After years of him doing research, the internet has been of no help to him (thus far).
So far smoking pot and ibuprofen have been of no help. The elephant knows about Magnesium but hasn't tried that yet.
Please help internet friends!

Please don't say "my friend's elephant", just say "I". Seriously, your friend's elephant? 8)

Are you sure that what you have is actually LSD? Not saying LSD couldn't cause these effects, but I think it is not common, and nBOMes typically have far more significant vasoconstrictive effects.

I have enjoyed many lab tested and confirmed phenethylamines.
this included 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-t2/t7. 2c-b was also tested.

It was the only one tested only two or three times, myself.
It ended up with severe vasoconstriction on one occasion, and psychosis from another. I do think i found once enjoyable without issue.
No other testing subjects reported anything unexpected.

Hope this helps

Lol I?m just having fun. I wasn?t sure what the rules were in this forum so I thought I?d lean on the side of caution
But this is confirmed LSD and 2cb from VERY reliable sources. It happens with me EVERY TIME I take LSD.

Yeah at Bluelight we don't allow "swim", "my friend's elephant", or other third person to refer to yourself, because it's really annoying to read posts like that (there was another post I read today that was literally pretty much impossible to understand because of it) and it doesn't do anything to protect you. But I realize some forums require it, so no worries, now you know. :)

The penis pain is a strange one, never heard of that. LSD is vasoconstrictive, as are phenethylamines in general, but not severely so. I've gotten some significant vasoconstriction from DOC and also from using too many stimulants for too long, and I've experienced various symptoms from that but penis-specific pain is a new one to me.

These drugs are vasoconstrictive (esp LSD) but I don't think 2C-B should really cause serious cardiovascular problems in healthy individuals.

The shrinkage is just a stimulant / sympathomimetic effect.

Lately I have been getting painful sensations on LSD analogues when peeing, and I also have to visit the bathroom a lot. I guess it's not impossible that I have vascular issues, for example due to use of drugs and medications in these last years especially dexamphetamine.
Something like that may make your friend predisposed to more vascular issues causing the pain for example.

I've always had the inner thigh sort of pain after a good acid trip, or at least some of them. Apart from calcium+magnesium or just relaxing everything with a mild benzo I'm not sure that there is much to do or that it is harmful.

Lately I have been getting painful sensations on LSD analogues when peeing, and I also have to visit the bathroom a lot.

My girlfriend had this same thing the one time she has done LSD so far. Painful bladder/peeing and very high frequency too.

shrinkage from speed or coke, but it's only temporary, one can rise to the occasion.
maybe you need a test kit or a checkup? OHIP?

A couple years ago me and a friend were doing a lot of LSD at a festival, by day 3 we had a huge tolerance, ended up taking 10 hits each (which was ~2mg total), barely tripped, but my friend very suddenly got this crazy cramping pain in his thigh(s?), didn't go away for like an hour. Happened very suddenly, and my only thought was that it was maybe vasoconstriction. Went to the medical tent, they didn't have much to say, gave him a tylenol and he sat down for while and it went away.

Don't have any more detail than that really, I could ask him to try to recount how it felt in detail if you're interested.

As much as I hate to say it, I learned from personal experiences that if you had any problems down there (i.e. UTIs, STDs etc) which caused you pain in the past, subconsciously your mind can still be traumatised from that experience and the LSD can really reflect the pain. I?m not sure what how or why, but I experienced torsion and although everything is fine now, I still feel pain whenever I trip.

Vasoconstriction definitely plays a role in this too, however I think it?s minor, as LSD is a power mind drug, not body drug. I?d say go to the doctor and get checked just to be sure as LSD can show you any underlying conditions you may not know about, but if you?re fine then just try not to think about it. Bad trips cause more pain ;)

I've never had a UTI or STD and still get some issues like these with lysergamides so I don't think that is a significant part of the story even though psychedelics can make you really open to suggestion and help project / manifest lots of stuff.

I suspect issues like these while they can be annoying or bothersome may not necessarily mean that it's anything serious.

As for the cramping and inner thigh pain etc: IMO things like these may involve insufficient minerals like calcium or magnesium reaching muscles due to vasoconstriction and other limb parts, causing cramping, pain, exhaustion ultimately and other things. I get cramping too easily on my dexamphetamine script but it is not strong or serious enough to give me those inner thigh pains. I don't know why this is so particular to lysergamides, at least for me. But an explanation may lie in the distribution of receptors in the body. Maybe vascular effects are strong there with some of these drugs if the population of related receptors is rather high there.

Stay well hydrated and maybe supplement with calcium / magnesium (maybe a deficiency worsens this), get enough breaks during the trip and if necessary apply benzos on the tail end of the trip if you just can't get rest.

As for the stabbing pains in the penis etc: it's possible the person has some vascular sensitivity there? Or if it was a sign of ischemia.

I'm wondering you or anyone else's opinion on if LSD is most likely going to contribute to continued or worsening the trauma from unrelated things or, dug/trip including lsd related things. Or is it more likely that LSD will aid in the healing process from the trauma and not have a huge risk of adverse affects related to the trauma. Specifically I had what could be summed up as a "horrible" trip on two tabs of claimed 100-125ug tabs (I'd estimate closer to 90-100ug on average for these tabs) mixed with 1-3.2 gs of high quality penis envy cubensis. This trip ended up being very traumatic. Some of the things that happened were very embarrassing and I ended up having so much dysphoria during the come up that I had to go to people almost completely inexperienced with psychedelics for help. And... I basically subconsciously refused to tell them it was psychedelics so they assumed I was having an actual overdose. Long story short I had interactions with law enforcement and ended up staying the night in the hospital. Live through what could best be described as multiple lifetimes as a schizophrenic being reborn and then going through intense pain over and over again during just a 30 minute hospital ride. Also had some basically blackouts and complete ego losses at many points where I became very scared and maybe had entered moments of psychosis but I'm not really sure. I basically think I'm "fine" now and not "fried" in basically anyway but I do definitely have trauma from this trip. I have had many symptoms of PTSD from unrelated things in my past confirmed by a psychologist also but a big majority of that issue has been resolved. Thank you for any insight, thoughts, or personal experiences!

5-10 seeds of Datura Stramonium clears that up.
(that's FAR from a dosage inducing delirium; it'll also eliminate come-up nausea as well as boost visuals)

I'm wondering you or anyone else's opinion on if LSD is most likely going to contribute to continued or worsening the trauma from unrelated things or, dug/trip including lsd related things. Or is it more likely that LSD will aid in the healing process from the trauma and not have a huge risk of adverse affects related to the trauma. Specifically I had what could be summed up as a "horrible" trip on two tabs of claimed 100-125ug tabs (I'd estimate closer to 90-100ug on average for these tabs) mixed with 1-3.2 gs of high quality penis envy cubensis. This trip ended up being very traumatic. Some of the things that happened were very embarrassing and I ended up having so much dysphoria during the come up that I had to go to people almost completely inexperienced with psychedelics for help. And... I basically subconsciously refused to tell them it was psychedelics so they assumed I was having an actual overdose. Long story short I had interactions with law enforcement and ended up staying the night in the hospital. Live through what could best be described as multiple lifetimes as a schizophrenic being reborn and then going through intense pain over and over again during just a 30 minute hospital ride. Also had some basically blackouts and complete ego losses at many points where I became very scared and maybe had entered moments of psychosis but I'm not really sure. I basically think I'm "fine" now and not "fried" in basically anyway but I do definitely have trauma from this trip. I have had many symptoms of PTSD from unrelated things in my past confirmed by a psychologist also but a big majority of that issue has been resolved. Thank you for any insight, thoughts, or personal experiences!
I would not trip again, psychedelic drugs do not seem like they are for you if they had you go into a psychotic break this way. Stay safe.

Inoxia does :)
Did you ever trip on Datura? I used to know someone who loved taking Brugmansia tree Datura with Ayahuasca, but wouldn't the Ayahuasca/DMT be enough?

I had a friend/drug buddy in college who loved disassociative drugs such as Angel dust or PCP which is common in our city and region, Ketamine, and DXM in high doses. He and I would just smoke pot together and we once tripped on Psilocybin mushrooms together. Anyway, we were talking about drugs, and he told me how when he learned about Datura he wanted to try it. He ate what he thought was Datura or it must have looked like it, and said it was a poison or toxic plant which made him feel as though he had a fever, induced vomiting, and his body felt like it was being stabbed with pins and needles for about 8 hours. I wonder which plant this was? I do not want to ingest it but I would ask botanist friends about it.

My friend/drug buddy said this was not enjoyable but how it was not so bad he had to go to a hospital.

Last edited:
Did you ever trip on Datura? I used to know someone who loved taking Brugmansia tree Datura with Ayahuasca, but wouldn't the Ayahuasca/DMT be enough?

I had a friend/drug buddy in college who loved disassociative drugs such as Angel dust or PCP which is common in our city and region, Ketamine, and DXM in high doses. He and I would just smoke pot together and we once tripped on Psilocybin mushrooms together. Anyway, we were talking about drugs, and he told me how when he learned about Datura he wanted to try it. He ate what he thought was Datura or it must have looked like it, and said it was a poison or toxic plant which made him feel as though he had a fever, induced vomiting, and his body felt like it was being stabbed with pins and needles for about 8 hours. I wonder which plant this was? I do not want to ingest it but I would ask botanist friends about it.

My friend/drug buddy said this was not enjoyable but how it was not so bad he had to go to a hospital.
LSD + Datura is a top five combo in my book. :)

You just need to find your dosage.

LSD + Datura is a top five combo in my book. :)

You just need to find your dosage.
Really? I would’ve never thought this would be a rewarding combo. Datura alone wasn’t something I’d look to repeat. But deliriant’s aren’t my favorite class of drugs anyway, they were more of a last resort.