• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids pain pills

Personally I wouldn't taper, that's me however. I think you will just prolong the outcome that is some sort of withdrawals. You are at least half way there id say ride it out and be done. My best advise also don't go back that monkey turns into a gorilla fast. I was on Oxycontin 40 mg x 3 a day Oxycodone 10 mg x 4 a day and soma 350 mg x 4 a day I have been clean now 120+ days and can still be a struggle with things like sleep. with all that said i'm much happier now with myself than before. I started using it due to failed back surgeries and in 2013 got a Doc that fixed me. 9 years of those meds and I couldn't taper off had to sign myself into Detox was my Birthday gift to myself.

Last edited:
I'm going to kinda preach I'm sorry but I really hope reading this helps you realize where you could possibly be headed. I started out using opiates like you with percs and norcos. Eventually I found out about opiates without Tylenol in them like oxy and fentanyl n things like that, and it was all downhill from there. Then eventually the pharmaceutical's would dry up and that's when I found out what heroin was, things just got very bad from there. Ended up going to county jail multiple times for theft and dumb shit like that because I would do anything for quick money to get well. Eventually the judges got sick of seeing me and sent me to state prison. There is nothing worse then going through wds while locked up. I would always get out and keep using evn on parole so I eventually got on methadone. Methadone was evn worse to come off of because of how long it took for the withdrawals to go away I was 2 weeks into wd and the wd was still peaking. So got back on heroin to get off of the methadone, eventually got on suboxone and that sucked to get off of also, I realized that I could not taper like the methadone taper cuz of the fact I was an addict and was not spoon fed my dose throughout my taper so I just jumped off of 2, 8mg subz a day. That was also horrible and had long lasting wds. Soooo I got on kratom to get off the subz, and 9 years later(now) I'm taking phenibut and loperamide to come off the kratom. My wds are very mild now compared to what they used to be but still bad. The older you get the worse they get, and if I were to wait a week and start to feel better, then take mabee something like a sub I will be right back going through wd again. I'll stop preaching now but plz just realize the slippery slope you are possibly headed down. I'm sure alot of people on here can relate to my story. Opiates make alot of people repeat this same cycle. At least think about it before you go and use stronger opiates..... Ok I'm done.

I'm going to kinda preach I'm sorry but I really hope reading this helps you realize where you could possibly be headed. I started out using opiates like you with percs and norcos. Eventually I found out about opiates without Tylenol in them like oxy and fentanyl n things like that, and it was all downhill from there. Then eventually the pharmaceutical's would dry up and that's when I found out what heroin was, things just got very bad from there. Ended up going to county jail multiple times for theft and dumb shit like that because I would do anything for quick money to get well. Eventually the judges got sick of seeing me and sent me to state prison. There is nothing worse then going through wds while locked up. I would always get out and keep using evn on parole so I eventually got on methadone. Methadone was evn worse to come off of because of how long it took for the withdrawals to go away I was 2 weeks into wd and the wd was still peaking. So got back on heroin to get off of the methadone, eventually got on suboxone and that sucked to get off of also, I realized that I could not taper like the methadone taper cuz of the fact I was an addict and was not spoon fed my dose throughout my taper so I just jumped off of 2, 8mg subz a day. That was also horrible and had long lasting wds. Soooo I got on kratom to get off the subz, and 9 years later(now) I'm taking phenibut and loperamide to come off the kratom. My wds are very mild now compared to what they used to be but still bad. The older you get the worse they get, and if I were to wait a week and start to feel better, then take mabee something like a sub I will be right back going through wd again. I'll stop preaching now but plz just realize the slippery slope you are possibly headed down. I'm sure alot of people on here can relate to my story. Opiates make alot of people repeat this same cycle. At least think about it before you go and use stronger opiates..... Ok I'm done.

This. Not to mention all of the stories that can't be told from first hand experience of death...

hopefully man. can you tell me about withdrawls. ive never had them before and i wanna do a taper down then after withdrawls are more minor stick it out

You can send me a message so I can explain it in details. Basically it starts as if you had a terrible flu, runny nose, yawns and from there imagine everything from cramps to nausea/vomits, pain + diarrhea, sweating, muscle cramps, body aches, restless legs which was the worst as it may last so many hours every time and you also become emotionally ill. Everyone is different, being your first time you may feel better more rapidly.
And maybe avoid all the sadness and suicidal thoughts. I get very anxious and agitated. Besides I really think I have developed a BP disorder.

The first w/d is bad but it´s weak compared to others so my suggestion is for you to get off this for good.
Certain symptoms may take months to heal. Lethargy for instance. A full and complete feeling of laziness/depression, mood swings, etc.
There is a lot of information here. Nevertheless, I really suggest you seek for help.
Doctor´s assistance for medication is as important as having someone to be with you.

Nowadays I just try to be as busy as I can. Even on holidays and during travels I go to AA/NA meetings.
BL helps me a lot too.

Prepare a plan B for cravings. Some people like to talk about it, others will avoid the subject. You´ll find your way. Look for information, as much as you can.

Good luck!
Erik

This. Not to mention all of the stories that can't be told from first hand experience of death...

Forsure I have 4 close friends that have died over the years, either way it never turns out good if you're an addict and can't control your addiction. Witch is very rare haha