• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids pain pills

B@seballin

Greenlighter
i am going through my first opiate withdrawl. how long does this runny nose and eyes, chills,lack of sleep,aches and pains all this crap take. i am trying to take a tolerance break but not even 48 hours since my last use and i want to get high to make this go away. what should i do any input is greatly appreciated im miserable. i can easily ge some in 4 hours i just wanted to take a tolerance break. maybe ween down with norco? good idea?:X:X

the hardest part of withdrawals is usually over within about 3-4 days, not saying after that isnt hard, however. If you do plan on going through with this tolerance break, be careful when you get back on the opiates. You can take the same amount of pills you were used to before the tolerance break, and your body wont be used to it, and will shut down. Be Safe!

the hardest part of withdrawals is usually over within about 3-4 days
How can you say this without even knowing what opioid he's kicking and how long he's been using?

OP, more info would be of some help. I know you mention a possible norco taper but what was your DOC and how big was your habit? If you've got strong willpower a taper is your best bet. Probelm with tapers are caving in even once or twice is enough to ruin taper progress so many prefer to just get it over with, with the help of comfort meds.

Yeah, every opiate is different.
It really greatly depends on what you were taking, how much you were taking, and how long you've been taking them.

Answer these questions to get the best answer you're looking for.

I had a pretty nasty methadone and norco habit for an extended period of time. Withdrawls symptoms took about a week to dissipate. I just laid on my couch and sweat. Hang in there!

the hardest part of withdrawals is usually over within about 3-4 days, not saying after that isnt hard, however. If you do plan on going through with this tolerance break, be careful when you get back on the opiates. You can take the same amount of pills you were used to before the tolerance break, and your body wont be used to it, and will shut down. Be Safe!
3-4 days? thats not to bad but for sure man thanks for the advice.

《Plasticity》;13136714 said:
How can you say this without even knowing what opioid he's kicking and how long he's been using?

OP, more info would be of some help. I know you mention a possible norco taper but what was your DOC and how big was your habit? If you've got strong willpower a taper is your best bet. Probelm with tapers are caving in even once or twice is enough to ruin taper progress so many prefer to just get it over with, with the help of comfort meds.
i was recreationally taking percocet 10 like every day or every other for a couple weeks. as soon as i ran out i got 20 more perc 10/325 and had a binge and they were gone in 3 days because i wanted to take a tolerance break monday at noon i took my last 2 and now its wednesday morning almost 48 hours since the last 2 and bam horrile withdrawls. i dont have a dr or prescription i take em recreationally and get em from the black market. how does a taper work?? i do have the willpower for a taper if you can explain to me how it works i am honestly gonna do it. i am about to leave to go get either norco or perc but only for a taper.

It really greatly depends on what you were taking, how much you were taking, and how long you've been taking them.

i was taking percocet recreationally for a couple weeks on and off then until recent i decided to take a tolerance break cold turkey. right before going cold turkey i took 20 10/325 perc in 3 days and monday at noon took my last 2 its wednesday morning now

I had a pretty nasty methadone and norco habit for an extended period of time. Withdrawls symptoms took about a week to dissipate. I just laid on my couch and sweat. Hang in there!
was the only symtom you had was sweats? i have chills, sweats, body aches, HORRIBLE runny nose and runny eyes, i cant fall asleep, my legs feel restless in the middle of the night, i just wanna get out of these withdrawls so anything helps

It felt like I had the flu. In fact, I was pretty naive to withdrawals at that point. It was my first time. I thought I actually had the flu. I was sweating non stop, had the chills and shakes. Luckily, to vomiting or nausea though. But the sweating is what I remember the most. I was just soaking the sheets.

It felt like I had the flu. In fact, I was pretty naive to withdrawals at that point. It was my first time. I thought I actually had the flu. I was sweating non stop, had the chills and shakes. Luckily, to vomiting or nausea though. But the sweating is what I remember the most. I was just soaking the sheets.
yep thats me here to. i woke up this morning in complete sweat. if i take more norco or percocet does that stop withdrawls

Indeed, every opiate is different and methadone is probably the worst one based on my experience.
I had gone through dozens of withdraws in my life until I tried to get off methadone. It literally took more than a month for me to be okay.
Even after almost 5 months, I still feel depressed. I think I may have become a BP and just forgot how to handle things the way I was used to.
But still this is an individual response after the physical withdraw has been dealt with. In your case, given the amount of time and the type of opiate you used I´m guessing you will feel better in a week.
Physically better. Try to focus on a plan B for cravings. AA, NA, BL, therapy. Joining a group will increase your chances of success IMO/E.

I hear that. I had been taking norco like it was going out of style with no withdrawal issues when I'd stop for a few months. Then I met Methadone. Loved it for about a month. Then I stopped. It was awful. While being more fun than norco, I never went back to it. Worst feeling ever when quitting.

Indeed, every opiate is different and methadone is probably the worst one based on my experience.
I had gone through dozens of withdraws in my life until I tried to get off methadone. It literally took more than a month for me to be okay.
Even after almost 5 months, I still feel depressed. I think I may have become a BP and just forgot how to handle things the way I was used to.
But still this is an individual response after the physical withdraw has been dealt with. In your case, given the amount of time and the type of opiate you used I´m guessing you will feel better in a week.
Physically better. Try to focus on a plan B for cravings. AA, NA, BL, therapy. Joining a group will increase your chances of success IMO/E.
hopefully man. can you tell me about withdrawls. ive never had them before and i wanna do a taper down then after withdrawls are more minor stick it out

I hear that. I had been taking norco like it was going out of style with no withdrawal issues when I'd stop for a few months. Then I met Methadone. Loved it for about a month. Then I stopped. It was awful. While being more fun than norco, I never went back to it. Worst feeling ever when quitting.
you didnt get withdrawls from norco???

B@seballin-

You're W/D shouldn't be that bad, or even bad at all with just a few weeks worth of use, esp. only doing them on and off.

You should be feeling better real soon, consider yourself lucky that you quit this early, doing hard opiates such as oxycodone for a year or more, straight everyday, then you'll see what a REAL opiate W/D is.
I really recommend that you stop where you're at now. You're REAL ahead of the game and TRUST ME, you don't want to experience a full blown opiate W/D. It's not fun at all.

You're METHADONE W/D lasted only a week? Consider yourself lucky!

Physical Methadone W/D, if taken for a long period of time (which is what methadone is mainly used for, chronic pain/Opiate WD) for most people it takes about a MONTH just for the Physical W/D.

The Phsycological W/D can take years for recovery. But still, props for quitting. Methadone is Methadone.

You're METHADONE W/D lasted only a week? Consider yourself lucky!

Physical Methadone W/D, if taken for a long period of time (which is what methadone is mainly used for, chronic pain/Opiate WD) for most people it takes about a MONTH just for the Physical W/D.

The Phsycological W/D can take years for recovery. But still, props for quitting. Methadone is Methadone.

Yeah, I actually got lucky. My love affair with Methadone only lasted just under a month. My source for it dried up. Probably saved my life. I actually went to the ER because I thought I had mono or something. Didn't dawn on me until after that I had the fucking WD's! Best high I ever had was on that stuff. Worst feeling I ever had was when I stopped it.