• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain Mgmt Vet in need of advice

Raven-Actual

Greenlighter
Hi, I've joined the site a few days back and I'm a long-term pain mgmt patient. I'm having new physical problems I've had 13 surgeries and I have new pain which feels like more stenosis. I had 3 operations last year 2 of which the doc really blew it that's why he had to do a third. My pain is constant I'm on 6mg daily of intrathecal Fentanyl through an implanted pump. As a BT I have 1600 mug of OTFC (Actiq) it's hard to get the lollipops to work right. Any advice?

I'm a pain management patient too but I've never heard of that stuff. Thank you for your service.

When was the last time they adjusted your pump? I know you've been through plenty of surgeries but maybe your doc would consider increasing your dosing. I know that's what the lollipops are for but still. If you're in a state where mj is legal you could ask about a script to get edibles. Granted fentanyl is not the same but I know they help for many regarding BTs. I don't have experience breaking down the lollies specifically unfortunately but I bet someone will post soon with a suggestion.

Raven, there's a mega PM thread in OD. Maybe some other PMP's can help ya there.