• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain Meds?

TheChemists

Greenlighter
Hey!

Question on pain meds (not asking how to score or how to cheat a dr into prescribing them). I recently took a tumble down some stairs following slip banged my back and shoulder. Been around 4 weeks in sever pain been to my GP been prescribed co-codamol 9-500, 15-500, 30-500 PRN not working had a short course of Diazepam prn worked for the spams now been put on do DiHydrocodine/Paracetamol 10-500 PRN dose not seem to be doing a thing.

Any suggestions on meds that you have used in the past for this type of injury? I have suggested NSAIDs but cant take due to asthma even at low dose :(

I heard Kratom is really good for pain, believe it's the red strain.

Sorry this happened, that sounds painful. It's too bad you can't use n-saids because they can be very useful when it comes to inflammation. Did your doctor think it was bruised or what? Maybe he can prescribe some sort of muscle relaxant.

Sorry this happened, that sounds painful. It's too bad you can't use n-saids because they can be very useful when it comes to inflammation. Did your doctor think it was bruised or what? Maybe he can prescribe some sort of muscle relaxant.
When I was in the hospital they did a few X Rays ruled out any fractures so think it is just some boney tenderness. He was very reluctant to prescribe me diazepam even though I asked for Baclofen due to the stigma attached with benzos but he said that the use of non benzo muscle relaxants where only indicated for sever spastics attacks and not for simple injuries.

Are there pain medications that have worked better for you in the past? About one tenth of the caucasian population has issues with the full metabolism of Codeine/Dihydrocodeine, so you always need to have that in the back of your mind.

Have you considered or even heard of Gabapentin (Neurontin)? Like any medication, it's a crapshoot, but it's a non-Opioid and for some, it's very effective for dealing with their pain. I personally have found Gabapentin to be leaps and bounds over Baclofen.

Are there pain medications that have worked better for you in the past? About one tenth of the caucasian population has issues with the full metabolism of Codeine/Dihydrocodeine, so you always need to have that in the back of your mind.

Have you considered or even heard of Gabapentin (Neurontin)? Like any medication, it's a crapshoot, but it's a non-Opioid and for some, it's very effective for dealing with their pain. I personally have found Gabapentin to be leaps and bounds over Baclofen.

I have never taken anything stronger than Co-Codamol to be honest, I used to take Gabapentin for my Migraines but had to come off them due to me developing some gastric problems.

I am thinking of going back to my GP, I don't know if I should ask for something like Tramadol or another drug?

I think you should give the gabapentin another shot, try it with food. Like Keif said, it can be very effective for pain. I have arthritis with some nerve damage and many times it works better for me than opiate and nsaid type medications.

I think kratom would be better than tramadol. I agree with keif and T. Calderone on trying the gabapentin. If you're dead set against going back to gabapentin, pregabalin is another, more potent gabapentinoid

If you're not experiencing relief from Codeine, then I don't think you're going to have a better experience with Tramadol. They're kind of analagous in terms of their potency, although Tramadol also has SNRI properties, which for some, can help with their pain levels. I'm only saying this because I don't want you to go out of your way to get it and then be disappointed. You might just have to delve into something stronger like Hydrocodone (Vicodin).

If you're not experiencing relief from Codeine, then I don't think you're going to have a better experience with Tramadol. They're kind of analagous in terms of their potency, although Tramadol also has SNRI properties, which for some, can help with their pain levels. I'm only saying this because I don't want you to go out of your way to get it and then be disappointed. You might just have to delve into something stronger like Hydrocodone (Vicodin).

I went to my GP today and spoke about it he dose not really listen that much and passes it off his words where "you are a young lad, you can handle it". He prescribed me DF 118 Forte 40mg 1-2 qds prn. Hydrocodone is not available in England on NHS or Private Script that I am aware of.

I don't really want to be on very strong pain killers for a large amount of time as I am getting something like 200 each time on script and he just goes when you run out come back.

Last edited: