• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain Killers

Neowurm

Greenlighter
I'm in Norcal and coming off pain killers because I am completely out and cant seem to get ahold of any. Any advise

Poppy pod taper and comfort meds like Immodium, Gabapentin, so grab, weed ...

Kratom, or go to a Suboxone maintenance clinic. Clonidine will help with withdrawals but I wouldn't take it unless it was prescribed to me. Good luck.

I've taken a ton of kratom so far. Not helping and I cant smoke weed. I'll get some subs in a few days.

Poppy seed tea will work if you can get decent unwashed seeds from a bulk food store. That is what I would recommend, buy a kilo and fill a 1.5 L bottle just above halfway then add enough cold water to cover and so it shakes easily, shake for 2 mins max then unscrew cap just enough so you can squeeze the water out while leaving the seeds in.

It kicks in within 15 mins so if you don't have a high tolerance only start with a small amount and see how you feel 30 mins later

It can be very strong. The seeds I get from the local bulk food store can keep my out of withdrawal at 1 kg and I take 90mg methadone daily. And morphine has awful oral bioavailability so the fact it can keep me well when taken orally means it must have a LOT of morphine in it.

Unfortunately though different sources may not be nearly as strong as that but if you feel awful it's def worth a shot.

Or if you can access poppy pods they are good as well

Last edited:
What is your daily dose and type of painkiller? That would give a better understanding of how to help you.

Yea, we really need more information. Are you prescribed? How much? How long? Do you have contacts who can obtain comfort meds? You don't need to wait for a response. We get one of these practically twice a day, so we're already quite inundated with the answers you need.