Ozric Tentacles live shows - next April in the Netherlands

Redington

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters, it's been a while. Been away doing stuff as always. Anyway.
The Ozrics are descending upon us from their british lair next April in the Netherlands. That is quite some time away yeah, but then again, the greater the wait the greater the experience. I was wondering if there are any among you who will go. Would be quite nice to know that there might be someone else around here that is seeking the live Ozric experience.

PS: If you've never heard of them go check their albums on youtube, you are quite welcome to come later to thank me ;)

I saw Ozrics many times in various guises from around mid 80's until mid 90's probably around 30 times, at leastr 20 of which would have been a free festivals...I also played bass in a tripped out jam with half of them for a good few hours, with Ed and Joie, Roly (rip) was too tripped out to even hold a bass that night and just lay on the floor making chillums...he is probs my fave ever bass player (well, alongside Lemmy and Paul McC)

To my mind , their recorded work prior to . 1994 is far superior to anything after, with Jurassic Shift being their last good album imho anyway. Their very best stuff was the cassette tapes they released in the 80's

Couldn;t resist a little namedropping there lmfao - it's rare I hear them mentioned thesedays. I haven;t seen em live for 25 years!

check it on 5g shrooms or 200ug lsd

Last edited:
oh, go on then - I listened to this on an epic stereo on 200ug gamma goblin acid last year with the vid projected onto a huge wall, was fun to say the least (I do hardly ever listen to Ozrics for years now though don;t get me wong, having a vape thc diamonds now and giving this a listen though

When I get the opportunity I always mention them to others :) I do this in the hopes that I can find irl someone who has the same tastes in music as I do, currently none of my friends listen to anything similar.
And yeah, the band isn't mainstream, but their music is pure savory goodness. All their albums are great in their own respect, even those after 1994, but the older ones are the most magical. My favorite album is by far Pungent Effulgent :) so thanks for sharing out parts of it here. It's also the first album I've heard from them. Second favorite is probably "There is Nothing" and thirdly "Strangeitude".
I can't imagine how great it was to see them live 30 years ago :) I thank god that even today they are still doing their thing.

I can't imagine how great it was to see them live 30 years ago :) I thank god that even today they are still doing their thing.
They were a bona-fide trip machine!

Used to see tripping people totally stunned after they'd finished their set, like "wtf just happenned?"

I clearly rememner various band members laughing their asses off at the wild condition of the audiences :LOL: