• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxyxcodone has no effect

Captain Picard

Greenlighter
Greetings,

I have never used opiates or opioids before. Today I took a 5mg capsule of oxycodone that I acquired from a friend. I have a toothache, but aside from that I have always been interested anyway in the euphoric effects of this class of drug. While my toothache certainly went away, I did not experience anything resembling intoxication. I'm simply curious as to why.

I don't wish to become a regular user of opiates, but I would like to experience an opiate high as safely as possible, which is why I selected the capsule. I have some Kratom coming tomorrow, but I'm not building up my hopes for that considering the oxycodone didn't even have an effect.

Thanks for any input, and be gentle--this is my first post.

You took a low dose. It obviously had an effect as your pain went away, but things like euphoria or nodding tend to occur at higher doses. 10 to 15 mg is probably what a rookie needs to feel the opioid buzz. But careful man. Many of us said we just want to try it and not get hooked but a high percentage couldnt stop once they finally got the feeling.

Sorry but 5 mg is not enough to be able to experience anything remotely resembling "intoxication", even if you're opioid naive. In my book, I'd be extremely grateful the 5 mg helped your tooth issue as well as it did. Sorry it didn't do any more than that but...

Ah, I see. Thanks for the input.

Yes, it absolutely took away my toothache. Remarkably so. Now I'm itching all over my body and it's driving me crazy (I took the pill two hours ago).

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to be trying the stuff again. If I indeed need 15-20mg just to get started, I don't have a reliable enough source. Besides, I use cannabis every day and I probably don't need another crutch.

I m interested in the kratom though. I like the idea of a legal herbal opiate-like effect that I can buy on the internet. But what do I know? Aside from the weed I don't use any drugs at all.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to be trying the stuff again. If I indeed need 15-20 mg just to get started, I don't have a reliable enough source. Besides, I use cannabis every day and I probably don't need another crutch.

Good sound reasoning leading to what would appear to be a very wise decision indeed.

Weed = Crutch, one could certainly do worse for themselves.

Good for you CP and all the best in any future endeavors!